Celtics/Lakers who wins it?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Celtics/Lakers who wins it?

With the lopsided 2-3-2 home court advantage it has to be Boston a slight favorite.

Celtics this year

Lakers next year

But I don't know HOW the fuck they'll shut down Kobe, will be a nailbiter through 7 games I'm sure..

they cant possibly run and gun with LA can they?

how do you contain Kobe double team him ????

munson15

I want winners...

I like the Lakers in 6, they seem like a faster team, and they have been more consistent throughout the playoffs than Boston. I see them as a slight favorite, just a guess, -140 or so.

Lakers will open as FAVORITES for sure and I believe it may be higher than -140 as munson predicts...

I say -155...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

they probably will be (i agree with that). im just telling you that im going to bet them... (celtics if they are dogs)

everyone is carried away with the lakers.. the celtics have been the best team all year, no reason to not think, they wont finish that way.

About to locate a good avatar of Paul Pierce as I said I would if he knocked down his FT's and they held on..

:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

I would favor LAL, but the silly 2-3-2 format concerns me.

If the format was 2-2-1-1-1 I would feel much more comfortable saying LA is the fav.

Journeyman

EOG Master

This is how it goes down

BOS wins gm 1
LAL win gm 2

LAL win 2 of 3 in LA

Bos wins game 6

and I'll wait on game 7..it's going 7.

because you already saw the line duh.
I posted -150 before the line came out of -160. :+clueless

Then I didn't see the -160 when I said 5-1.

Bos +140 or more is what I wanted.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Public perception line ALL the way!

LAL rolled and Bos has struggled, that 2-3-2 format , makes all the difference.

The Lakers will be very fortunate to be up 3-2 heading back to Boston.

Either way, this is going 7 games. After this shit is over, I'm taking a break for a week or two. Tired of baseball, and ready to be done with NBA for a few months. Need football to arrive.

raiders,

2 times in a row we match?

I also like Boston over the Lakers in this Series for a +140 or higher bet..:cheers

I'm so happy Boston won today. I need a break from all this betting.

I would like to see Boston win it all but watching these playoffs I cannot see Lakers losing it.

Putting the Big Brown winnings on it? :+textinb3

I got news for you that horse isn't winning jack shit..:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

I'm so happy Boston won today. I need a break from all this betting.

I would like to see Boston win it all but watching these playoffs I cannot see Lakers losing it.

You get a whole week off, long break now til they start.

ESPN not wasting any time cuing the old Lakers/Celts film.. Had this on tap just waiting.

seattle slew

EOG Senior Member

I think the Celtics match up much better with LA than with SA. The win tonight was very impressive.

Celtics in 6.

Something I'm thinking about..

If you replaced Kobe for Lebron James, would the Cavaliers have beaten the Celtics in that 7 game series if everyone else was exactly the same? I'm just trying to envision how they're going to play him, and some of those games were close even with Lebron being unable to hit a shot. Kobe is a much better shooter under pressure, so that is worrisome. He will be a nightmare but I just don't see where the Lakers have a sizable edge outside of him and Phil Jackson, especially not even having homecourt advantage.

Gasol is going to be exposed even more, that's for damn sure.

rjt721

EOG Master

Boston has absolutely no one who can guard Kobe. Posey's a pretty good defender, but he's basically a 20 min./game guy off the bench. Tony Allen's their best perimeter defender, but Doc Rivers is an idiot, so Tony probably won't even play. That leaves them with having Pierce guarding Kobe for the majority of the game (unless Doc's foolish enough to put Ray Allen on him at times, which would get ugly). That's just asking too much out of Pierce. They need his offense to beat the Lakers, and he won't be effective enough on that end if he's exerting much of his energy checking Kobe. As you saw in the Cleveland series, Pierce's offense suffered dramatically (not including Game 7) because he had to guard Lebron. The Celtics got away with it against the Cavs because Lebron didn't have any help, but they can't beat a team with the Lakers' firepower without Pierce averaging 25-30/game.

Gasol's obviously very soft and he can't score on Duncan. He won't have an easier time scoring on Garnett, but the Lakers don't really need him to score to win. He actually did a decent job guarding Duncan much of the series, and Garnett's not anywhere near the low-post scorer that Tim is. Garnett could conceivably dominate Gasol with his athleticism, but it's not in his nature to be aggressive enough to do so.

I just don't see how the Celtics can score enough to win this series. After guarding Iverson, Deron Williams and Tony Parker the previous three series, Fisher won't have to work nearly as much on the defensive end against Rondo, who has no perimeter shot at all. You play a few feet off of Rondo and you can completely take away his offense, as he can't make a jumper to save his life. You need a PG who poses a threat in the pick and roll game to beat the Lakers, similar to what Utah and SA have. The Celtics just don't have that. Also a huge edge on the bench for the Lakers, not to mention the immense coaching advantage with Phil over Doc.

Including the playoffs, the Lakers are 34-7 with Gasol in the lineup with a +10.3 point differential. This is by far the best team in the league. The 2-3-2 format is in many ways beneficial to LA -- If the Lakers get a split in the first 2 games in Boston, which is pretty likely, there's a good chance this series doesn't even get back to Boston for Game 6.

Lakers in 5.

Boston has absolutely no one who can guard Kobe. Posey's a pretty good defender, but he's basically a 20 min./game guy off the bench. Tony Allen's their best perimeter defender, but Doc Rivers is an idiot, so Tony probably won't even play. That leaves them with having Pierce guarding Kobe for the majority of the game (unless Doc's foolish enough to put Ray Allen on him at times, which would get ugly). That's just asking too much out of Pierce. They need his offense to beat the Lakers, and he won't be effective enough on that end if he's exerting much of his energy checking Kobe. As you saw in the Cleveland series, Pierce's offense suffered dramatically (not including Game 7) because he had to guard Lebron. The Celtics got away with it against the Cavs because Lebron didn't have any help, but they can't beat a team with the Lakers' firepower without Pierce averaging 25-30/game.

Gasol's obviously very soft and he can't score on Duncan. He won't have an easier time scoring on Garnett, but the Lakers don't really need him to score to win. He actually did a decent job guarding Duncan much of the series, and Garnett's not anywhere near the low-post scorer that Tim is. Garnett could conceivably dominate Gasol with his athleticism, but it's not in his nature to be aggressive enough to do so.

I just don't see how the Celtics can score enough to win this series. After guarding Iverson, Deron Williams and Tony Parker the previous three series, Fisher won't have to work nearly as much on the defensive end against Rondo, who has no perimeter shot at all. You play a few feet off of Rondo and you can completely take away his offense, as he can't make a jumper to save his life. You need a PG who poses a threat in the pick and roll game to beat the Lakers, similar to what Utah and SA have. The Celtics just don't have that. Also a huge edge on the bench for the Lakers, not to mention the immense coaching advantage with Phil over Doc.

Including the playoffs, the Lakers are 34-7 with Gasol in the lineup with a +10.3 point differential. This is by far the best team in the league. The 2-3-2 format is in many ways beneficial to LA -- If the Lakers get a split in the first 2 games in Boston, which is pretty likely, there's a good chance this series doesn't even get back to Boston for Game 6.

Lakers in 5.
Well certainly a comprehensive breakdown. I'm inclined to agree, as anyone would, on your comments about Kobe. Nobody can shut him down period, thats why I reflected back on the Lebron series, with as much as a couple of idiots like to compare the two, if they were anywhere close talent wise some of the defensive tactics would carry over. Kobe will nail those jumpers all day long. It's not because he's more clutch (even though he is), just that he's a much better shooter.

Moving past that, I would also agree that Doc Rivers is somewhat of an idiot. One thing I think you have to give him credit for though is the way he switches it up with his bench, he is good with mixing in different roleplayers, playing guys at the right time etc. It's ultimately up to the players but I don't think his lack of experience will be a factor as far as how he manages the bench.

The bottom line is this, Kobe can score 50 a game all he wants, but Gasol is going to be downright dominated, I really think that's going to be ugly, Boston should also be able to shut down some of the 3pt shooters not-named Kobe Bryant. I actually think they'll take their first two home games, but still see this probably going 7 games. The "X-factor" is Ray Allen, if he shoots well they win game 7, if he's a non factor I think you're asking Paul Pierce, KG, and others to carry too much.