OT: YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE GIVES YOU THIS ULTIMATUM: WHAT DO U DO?

YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE GIVES YOU THIS ULTIMATUM: WHAT DO U DO?

SHE ASKS YOU TO GIVE UP SPORTS BETTING OR HER...

WHICH DO YOU GIVE UP? :+clueless

THE SHRINK

Re: OT: YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE GIVES YOU THIS ULTIMATUM: WHAT DO U DO?

For my wife, just until the kids turn 18.

For my girlfriend, no I wouldn't.

I'd probably say okay and then do it behind her back lol.

Then if she found out I probably would quit...for awhile.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

depends how long we have been married. if we are newlyweds or close to it - i probably stop gambling because i am still in the "Honey you mean the world to me" stage. if we have been married for some time we are in the "Fuck you - get it yourself you fat lazy bitch" stage then SHE goes

then again if my wife looked like Mrs OSU or Montana - ADIOS gambling. But she better realize this and be a slut whore in bed and anywhere else I WANT IT!

The ultimatum holds weight only if the gambling is destructive, harming the family either financially or emotionally. If it's an affordable habit that the Mrs just doesn't like, too bad. If you're tapping into joint savings, climbing into debt, or pushing aside other priorities then you should probably listen to her and stop.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

As crazyl points out, if it is not destructive or infringing on other areas of your life, then what harm is it. If you are profiting from it, then it seems like a silly power play.

What would she have to give up in return, luxuries like pedicures or a girl's night out? There should be some quid pro quo goin going on there. Ultimatums are a risky way to deal with issues between you. It's a lose-lose proposition. No matter is decided, there will be bad feelings for one party.

Why would you want to be with someone like that? My buddy just gave up his girl of 8 months because she didn't like that he played poker. It wasn't his gambling that bothered her, it was the fact that if he won someone else lost and might "need the money". Ridiculous shit. No way you should be with someone who disrespects your wishes like that. She has a right to tell you to put it in its place and to take care of your obligations, but no way should you be told to cut off something you enjoy doing cold turkey. If she does that then she is clearly playing a control game with you and you don't want to be there.

Why would you want to be with someone like that? My buddy just gave up his girl of 8 months because she didn't like that he played poker. It wasn't his gambling that bothered her, it was the fact that if he won someone else lost and might "need the money". Ridiculous shit. No way you should be with someone who disrespects your wishes like that. She has a right to tell you to put it in its place and to take care of your obligations, but no way should you be told to cut off something you enjoy doing cold turkey. If she does that then she is clearly playing a control game with you and you don't want to be there.

I agree 100%. Why would your best friend not want you to do what makes you happy?

I am a lucky dude.

I'd make a deal with her and make her give up cheesecake if I give up sports betting, and she'd crack first

Fifty Cent has just introduced his solution for handling domestic discord.

Seems kinda desperate, but I guess gambling could get that way.

1. Quit drinking

2. Stop drinking

3. No more drinking!!!!

:cheers

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

This is what works for me...

I fell in love with the T, the gambler years ago. If you push someone in one direction it is possible they will go hard core in the other direction.

I love sitting on the couch flipping back and forth from game to game knowing what we need to happen in each game!! You have to be willing to take the good with the bad, not just the good!!

If you truley love someone I do not believe you give them an ultimatum. I do not feel it is right to try and change any one.

We have had an aggrement from the start...
I truley do not care what he does in the gambleing world as long as he never puts our lifestyle or family in a bad spot.

You just need an understanding and trust, NOT an ultimatum.:thumbsup

I fell in love with the T, the gambler years ago. If you push someone in one direction it is possible they will go hard core in the other direction.

I love sitting on the couch flipping back and forth from game to game knowing what we need to happen in each game!! You have to be willing to take the good with the bad, not just the good!!

If you truley love someone I do not believe you give them an ultimatum. I do not feel it is right to try and change any one.

I truley do not care what he does in the gambleing world as long as he never puts our lifestyle or family in a bad spot.

I keep telling Travis but I will tell you too...

He is a VERY LUCKY man to have a kind, beautiful, sexy and understanding woman like YOU...

Thanks for posting at EOG...

It makes this place better...:cheers

Ken

do you have kids!:med3d-lentilless:

I've already decided to give up her. Next question. :LMAO

Yes they do, and including Travis, they have at least 2 that I know of....:+textinb3

question #2 does she have kids...

question #3 if question #2 is no!!! does the kid live with them?

these are all very important questions...

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

I had a checklist

does she golf....check
does she like Vegas....check
does she like to have a cocktail....check

no issues....next subject. :+textinb3

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Her! Already done. No regrets.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I tell her im the same a-hole she fell in love with, then I go golfing.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

But she better realize this and be a slut whore in bed and anywhere else I WANT IT!

She can be a nasty slut whore and a ton of fun - but that only last so long - then reality sets in and it would be more exciting to eff a new C level girl than eff the same old girl - does wagering get old to you? - yeah, me neither

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

My better half wants to eat so I don't think I will have to worry about that.

She can be a nasty slut whore and a ton of fun - but that only last so long - then reality sets in and it would be more exciting to eff a new C level girl than eff the same old girl - does wagering get old to you? - yeah, me neither

You have a gift of gab...:LMAO

I'd make a deal with her and make her give up cheesecake if I give up sports betting, and she'd crack first

I take that back, I'll give up betting if she gives up ordering AVON (order just came)

I deposit 100 into Bet Jam, she deposits 200 in the Avon catalog

:+crying-5 I think part of me just died about 10 minutes ago

Considering today is my 11th year anniversary, I'd choose the wife. It really isn't a question, is it? Anyone who even thinks they would choose otherwise will die lonely and broke.

shooterman

EOG Veteran

I was given this ultimatum in 2003 after 14 years of marriage. Divorced in 2004.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I would tell her that every time I want to place a bet, that I will ask her to give me a blowjob and so long as she complies, I will not bet.

Seems fair

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

think i'll just print this little post out, and keep in my pocket for future reference.....could come in handy...