My correlated hockey parlay hit.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: My correlated hockey parlay hit.

Well done Raiders. I myself decided to just play straight up 25 Euro play on Detroit at 2.50. I'll take away 61 Euro or about $90. I considered a long time to cover the bet, but with the lower amount I decided to let it ride. The streaming was so poor last night that I could not watch the game this morning.

You are going to take credit for brilliant analysis when you got lucky in the end with a 94% save percentage and one goal in the last 52 minutes of a pretty open game? Ok.

You are going to take credit for brilliant analysis when you got lucky in the end with a 94% save percentage and one goal in the last 52 minutes of a pretty open game? Ok.
WildBill - For a guy that lives in Vegas I wouldn't think that I would have to explain this to you. Pitt scored 1st.Det then scored 2nd in the 1st period. Now if Pitt would have scored again this game would have been wide open and favored Pitt/Over. But because Det tied it early it settled down. Look at the shots on goal.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" height="18">eam</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="5" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Shots on Goal</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="3" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Faceoffs</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Power Plays</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left" height="18" width="29%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">1st</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">2nd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">3rd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Total</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Won</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Lost</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="12%">Converted</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="9%">Total</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Detroit </td> <td> 14 </td> <td> 7 </td> <td> 9 </td> <td>30</td> <td> </td> <td>22</td> <td>32</td> <td> </td> <td>0</td> <td>3 </td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Pittsburgh </td> <td> 9 </td> <td> 8 </td> <td> 6 </td> <td>23</td> <td> </td> <td>32</td> <td>22</td> <td> </td> <td>1</td> <td>6 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Plus you are parlaying two money lines. You are not getting the 13/5 that you would get in basketball or football.

Penguins can't score, even on a 5-on-3 PP and down by 1 goal. Truly pathetic.

WildBill - For a guy that lives in Vegas I wouldn't think that I would have to explain this to you. Pitt scored 1st.Det then scored 2nd in the 1st period. Now if Pitt would have scored again this game would have been wide open and favored Pitt/Over. But because Det tied it early it settled down. Look at the shots on goal.

Plus you are parlaying two money lines. You are not getting the 13/5 that you would get in basketball or football.

This is what gets me here in this forum. An attention whore makes a horrible analysis of a game and wants credit for being a genius. What a fucking joke this place has become.

The play has merit long term whether you think so or not. You are parlaying MLs. The only disadvantage is that you are losing value because of the inability to line shop but I feel that the correlation outweighs that aspect.

WildBill - Why don't you show me where my pre-game ananlysis is wrong? What conference plays tighter. Which conference plays more wide open. How many goals had Det allowed Pitt in the prior 3 games? What's Osgood's GAA?

Now what's wrong with the analysis? You sound like a tout with the 94% saves after a certain point. And I was 100% in BigTen games played between 9/17 and 10/10 during the day.

Also, I know what the stats are but show me according to you what doesn't correspond to my thinking.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" height="18"> Team</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="5" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Shots on Goal</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="3" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Faceoffs</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Power Plays</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left" height="18" width="29%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">1st</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">2nd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">3rd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Total</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Won</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Lost</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="12%">Converted</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="9%">Total</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Detroit </td> <td> 14 </td> <td> 7 </td> <td> 9 </td> <td>30</td> <td> </td> <td>22</td> <td>32</td> <td> </td> <td>0</td> <td>3 </td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Pittsburgh </td> <td> 9 </td> <td> 8 </td> <td> 6 </td> <td>23</td> <td> </td> <td>32</td> <td>22</td> <td> </td> <td>1</td> <td>6</td></tr></tbody></table>

WildBill - Why don't you show me where my pre-game ananlysis is wrong? What conference plays tighter. Which conference plays more wide open. How many goals had Det allowed Pitt in the prior 3 games? What's Osgood's GAA?

Now what's wrong with the analysis? You sound like a tout with the 94% saves after a certain point. And I was 100% in BigTen games played between 9/17 and 10/10 during the day.

You got lucky that's all there is to it. To come out and say it played out the way you predicted is laughable. The Pens scored their goal on the 2nd of 23 shots. If you get a home team that gets shut out for its last 21 shots that is lucky. But for those who bet hockey regularly they know luck is a massive part of any one result. Only over a long time frame can one know how skilled their hockey analysis is so in my book you didn't prove shit with this one winner. But not like 98% of the readers would realize that so go ahead and act like a genius.

OK genuis, let's not talk your opinion or my opinion. Det outshot Pitt 30-23. What would the score be if you didn't watch the game?

Then take a look at the shots on goal in each period. How should this game have played out. Once again, throw out your expert opinion on what should have happened by watching it.

How many legit scoring chances were there? I didn't see that many. I mean, other than the Crosby/Hossa/Dupuis 3 consecutive shots in the 2nd period, the 5 on 3, and the chance at the end of the game I didn't see that many scoring chances for Pitt.

First period. I said if Pitt scored first game would open up.
<table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysptblthbody2"><td colspan="3" class="yspdetailttl" height="18">1st Period</td> </tr> <tr><td valign="top" width="20%"> Pittsburgh</td><td width="75%">2:51, Marian Hossa 10 (power play) (Sergei Gonchar, Sidney Crosby)</td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top" width="20%"> Detroit</td><td width="75%">7:06, Nicklas Lidstrom 3 (Brian Rafalski, Pavel Datsyuk)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Then I said if tied it played into Det hands, low scoring

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

They are catching on here in Europe as Detroit is only a 1.80 multiplier this game 5 tonight. Pens are 3.50, which might be even more enticing. Wings have won each of their series on the road in Game 6, losing at home to Dallas in the last series. Perhaps the Pens can get one more game (although somehow I doubt it) but you never know. For the money, the good bet would appear to be the Pens. I still expect another tight checking close game.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I live in Toronto, but I am on a business trip here in Germany for May and June. So I have missed most of the NHL action. I have to get up at 2:00AM to watch games that start at 8:00PM in EST. It's a PAIN!! The only way to watch is streaming and CBC.CA does not allow streaming to EU countries.

Taking a shot in the NHL of Pitt with the over.

WildBill- Where you at? 2-0 on correlated. Look at how the shots on goal played out in periods 2 and 3 when Pitt was up.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" height="18">Team</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="6" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Shots on Goal</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Power Plays</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left" height="18" width="22%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">1st</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">2nd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">3rd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">OT</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Total</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Won</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Lost</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="12%">Converted</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="9%">Total</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Pittsburgh </td> <td> 7 </td> <td> 7 </td> <td> 4 </td> <td>14</td> <td>32</td> <td> </td> <td>42</td> <td>47</td> <td> </td> <td>1</td> <td>5 </td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Detroit </td> <td> 8 </td> <td> 12 </td> <td> 14 </td> <td>24</td> <td>58</td> <td> </td> <td>47</td> <td>42</td> <td> </td> <td>1</td> <td>5 </td></tr></tbody></table>

I guess you can learn from the forums.