Manny is going to have a MONSTER year...

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
It is his contract year and he is ripped and ready, working out hard in Arizona before spring training. He had kind of and off year last year and with that 20million option the Sox have, he will be out to prove. Oh yeah, Manny loves his stats. He wore a T shirt last year stating all hsi career numbers. He may be on the down side of his career but barring injury, I am expecting big things from Manny.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Manny is going to have a MONSTER year...

Nice Pics Tony. I hope so on Drew but not as confident. SOX BABY!

Tuckman

Uh Poster

first pitch tommorrow he should take it in the middle of the back for that pose job today.. least he's in midseason form :rolleyes:

IT WASN'T A HOMERUN....WHY SHOULD HE TAKE ONE IN THE BACK....THESE GAMES ARE FOR SHOW ANYHOW....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Manny always does that. He is not offensive just a dipshit. All of baseball knows this.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

so he just looked silly...why give him a free pass for being crazy!!:LMAO

oh i dont really care, but 1 of these days he will feel the retaliation from 1 of them, will be a fun sight to see :cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

I see 34 homers, 120 RBI bat around .310,playing about 140-145 gms, a typical year for Manny.

He has a hard time not missing 15-20 game a year at this point.

Also remember the steroid effect on his RBI, the players around him are not as juiced , so less production is to be expected, Im don't think we see a real phenomenal season from Manny at this point in his career, then again his normal year is a great season, just not what we have seen in the past.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I see 34 homers, 120 RBI bat around .310,playing about 140-145 gms, a typical year for Manny.

Also remember the steroid effect on his RBI, the players around him are not as juiced , so less production is to be expected, Im don't think we see a real phenomenal season from Manny at this point in his career, then again his normal year is a great season, just not what we have seen in the past.

About right. Not sure about the steriods factor on the Red Sox. Pedroia and Ellsbury should be huge at the top of the lineup. Ortiz will be big too. If those guys and Manny stay healthy (that is the big if) I see 130+ RBI's or more for Manny. Sooner or later he will pull a hammy (if he doesn't then that is further proof of his faking it in prior years) and be out for 2 weeks. He is motivated for sure which means LOOK OUT!

To be continued....

The Devil

EOG Master

first pitch tommorrow he should take it in the middle of the back for that pose job today.. least he's in midseason form :rolleyes:

THERE AREN'T MANY PITCHERS IN BASEBALL THAT WANT TO SEE MANNY RUNNING AFTER THEM WITH A BAT IN HIS HAND..........OR EVEN WITHOUT THE BAT.........

Tuckman

Uh Poster

THERE AREN'T MANY PITCHERS IN BASEBALL THAT WANT TO SEE MANNY RUNNING AFTER THEM WITH A BAT IN HIS HAND..........OR EVEN WITHOUT THE BAT.........

by the time he stopped half way out and posed, the team would have gang tackled him anyways... noway he makes it out to the mound before hes eating some grass :cocktail

Journeyman

EOG Master

About right. Not sure about the steriods factor on the Red Sox. Pedroia and Ellsbury should be huge at the top of the lineup. Ortiz will be big too. If those guys and Manny stay healthy (that is the big if) I see 130+ RBI's or more for Manny. Sooner or later he will pull a hammy (if he doesn't then that is further proof of his faking it in prior years) and be out for 2 weeks. He is motivated for sure which means LOOK OUT!

To be continued....

Runs are down so obviously the individual RBI counts are too. :doh1

The Devil

EOG Master

don't be surprised to see manny with a 40+hr and 130 rbi year........

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Manny just had a big hit. He has 8 RBI's in 10 games which is fine but is being hurt by Ortiz hitting .083. But that will change.

When the team starts hitting then looks out! Manny looks solid right now.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

#4 for Manny. Warming up. MVP...I am smelling it despite Jmans resistance.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Manny Ramirez

Avg .280
HR 8
RBI 28
Runs 29
SB

Nearing the 1/3rd mark of the season, Manny nowhere near an MVP season....he may not even drive in 100

Journeyman

EOG Master

He hasn't missed any real time yet and his run production is way off. :doh1

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Manny has slowed way down. Still decent numbers and if he picks it up will be fine. Can't believe he is in this much of a slump. Team doing ok thoug but not on the road.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Big night for Manny 5 RBI's another homer and he is being very productive right now.

.301 13 HRS 45 RBIS on 6/5

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

2 Run bomb for Manny in the first:

47 RBIs' 3rd in he league and 14 HRs also 3rd. Hitting over 300 too.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Looks like he's right on my pace. :cool:

On pace for 35 HR-118 RBI -AVG .303

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Looks like he's right on my pace. :cool:

Mr Consistent, is ahead of many hitters in the AL even considering that he is not having a great year by his standards (meaning he had a big slump). Your numbers are close but many people would have projected close to those numbers as well. Looking forward to many games ahead and see where Manny ends up this year. He usually gets an injury but would like him to play 140+ feeling good.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Mr Consistent, is ahead of many hitters in the AL even considering that he is not having a great year by his standards (meaning he had a big slump). Your numbers are close but many people would have projected close to those numbers as well. Looking forward to many games ahead and see where Manny ends up this year. He usually gets an injury but would like him to play 140+ feeling good.

I disagree, many would have given him much more...like you for instance and Devil.

He is still on the decline, not the player he was 6-7 years ago, the league has changed those sick numbers are a thing of the past, as I said this is just a typical Manny year at this point, and every player has a slump and gets hot .

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I disagree, many would have given him much more...like you for instance and Devil.

He is still on the decline, not the player he was 6-7 years ago, the league has changed those sick numbers are a thing of the past, as I said this is just a typical Manny year at this point, and every player has a slump and gets hot .

Jman, with all due respect, I am not sure what you are saying. Usually you are right on the money and make good points. Here I am scratching my head. Manny has been in the league for 16 years....his numbers the last two years have tailed off for him. No sh$t that he is in a decline if you really want to call it that. Most players after 2000 games and 16 years slow up a little. I think all i said was that he would have a monster year and have 130 RBIs. I knew he tailed off the last couple of years a little and felt that he was ready to bounce back a bit. That is about it. How did I give much more as you stated above? I never dwell on the numbers...I am not a numbers guy. I do think that RBI's is the most important stat and say he is headed for 130 (cross my fingers no injuries) and you say 120. And if the league has changed like you say (no more monster numbers "like 6 or 7 years ago") then a big year in that vicinity would even make Manny look better. I did not give much of a prediction. I just think if healthy he is going to put up great numbers. Of course if you look at his career numbers year by year then it is hard to ever smash those numbers especially when those numbers are not around much anymore. If we consider his age and the hitters decline then a big monster year for Manny will be pretty darn good if you add it all up. Make sense?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Jman, with all due respect, I am not sure what you are saying. Usually you are right on the money and make good points. Here I am scratching my head. Manny has been in the league for 16 years....his numbers the last two years have tailed off for him. No sh$t that he is in a decline if you really want to call it that. Most players after 2000 games and 16 years slow up a little. I think all i said was that he would have a monster year and have 130 RBIs. I knew he tailed off the last couple of years a little and felt that he was ready to bounce back a bit. That is about it. How did I give much more as you stated above? I never dwell on the numbers...I am not a numbers guy. I do think that RBI's is the most important stat and say he is headed for 130 (cross my fingers no injuries) and you say 120. And if the league has changed like you say (no more monster numbers "like 6 or 7 years ago") then a big year in that vicinity would even make Manny look better. I did not give much of a prediction. I just think if healthy he is going to put up great numbers. Of course if you look at his career numbers year by year then it is hard to ever smash those numbers especially when those numbers are not around much anymore. If we consider his age and the hitters decline then a big monster year for Manny will be pretty darn good if you add it all up. Make sense?

I'm probably as big a Manny supporter on these forums as anyone over the last 6 years, myself and FH started many threads about Manny and his greatness...All I'm saying is he's on the decline- for him!

That is still terrific for almost the entire rest of MLB.

My original point is (and so far it's been pretty much right on the money) Manny isn't the player he once was, yeah he can still be devastating at times but those 45 homer 158 RBI years are over for him and that was what you originally started this thread suggesting he was going to have one of those insane statistical years.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Manny after 138 games played (with 16 left)

.325 , 34, 108