Just wanted to introduce myself...

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast
Hey everyone, some of you from SBR may recognize me, I'm usckingsfan31 over there...

I'm a huge hockey, football, and baseball fan. Not so much basketball, but I don't hate it either.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully chipping in a decent play or two here or there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Just wanted to introduce myself...

It's always nice to welcome someone who enjoys sports betting and capping...

Let me know if we can be of help...:cheers

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Welcome to EOG Dave 12io4j2w90

Looking forward to seeing your picks, ESPECIALLY MLB because I have stunk it up this season

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

It's always nice to welcome someone who enjoys sports betting and capping...

Let me know if we can be of help...:cheers

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Your Avatar is all the help I need! :houra

Welcome to EOG Dave 12io4j2w90

Looking forward to seeing your picks, ESPECIALLY MLB because I have stunk it up this season

I will generally just post plays when I see something GREAT... but my baseball knowledge is, without being conceited, EXCELLENT. I've been playing fantasy baseball for the last 7 years and have won the league championship 6 of them. I know just about every player on every team, where they bat in the lineup, stats, etc, off the top of my head.

As such I can almost always provide SOME kind of insight. You don't have to agree with me of course; but if you ever just want a solid baseball mind to bounce your ideas/picks off of, don't hesitate to email, I love throwing in my two cents (That's where my slogan came from; Dave's Dime: Because two cents just isn't enough)

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

Apple

Banned

VegasDave31 gets my full endorsement.. He's very sharp especially with football and hockey.. Glad you made it here bud

The Devil

EOG Master

welcome aboard vegasdave, the door is always open here.........but you must supply your own seat and beers.........

mofome

Banned

welcome dave, if gyno says you're good then im on board.ive read some of your stuff already, but havent known ya for long.

91023i2ndw;l

5 star bomb

EOG Master

vegas dave is the man. you got to check out his podcast every night. It is good stuff

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Bummer, I wanted to offer my email address to be a reference for all of you to use for bouncing baseball picks and ideas off of, and I wanted to share my podcast link so you could all listen in... but both my link (promotions) and email address were removed.

Sooo.... hi.

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Not a bad idea... I mean I'm not trying to sell anything or boasting 95% winners... I'm just trying to spread the word about my personal project and help people out with the bases :)

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Well now that we have PM please feel free to PM ME any questions or games you want insight on or if you'd be interested in checking out my daily sports podcast I'll link you there too. Thanks!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Well now that we have PM please feel free to PM ME any questions or games you want insight on or if you'd be interested in checking out my daily sports podcast I'll link you there too. Thanks!

you are not hooked up to it yet and i wish you were. sorry but i have a tough accepting the comment you made about your BB plays after the play you posted Friday. can't really take anyone serious who posts a play like that (why do i sense i will soon be getting a PM from a Mod here about this post?)

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

That "play" was not intended to be a sharp play at all... it was just a fun little note that some of the games best pitchers were all going against beatable teams. You took that one way too seriously :). I never bet more than a 2 part parlay unless I have every intention of losing that money on a fun thing. Plus I'm not claiming to be a 60% winner or anything... just a knowledgeable baseball guy, nothing more.

Apparently my PMs have been removed... I think it is ridiculous that a member on a board can't post a link to his sports podcast OR an email address. Then I can't even do these things privately through PMs! I'm not just here to peddle a product, I want to be a poster here, and I don't see why posters shouldn't be able to share their projects with other posters.

Is it a post issue? Can I do so after 100, 500, 1000 posts? Do i have to "prove myself"?

Sorry, I'm just a bit peeved...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

That "play" was not intended to be a sharp play at all... it was just a fun little note that some of the games best pitchers were all going against beatable teams. You took that one way too seriously :). I never bet more than a 2 part parlay unless I have every intention of losing that money on a fun thing. Plus I'm not claiming to be a 60% winner or anything... just a knowledgeable baseball guy, nothing more.

Apparently my PMs have been removed... I think it is ridiculous that a member on a board can't post a link to his sports podcast OR an email address. Then I can't even do these things privately through PMs! I'm not just here to peddle a product, I want to be a poster here, and I don't see why posters shouldn't be able to share their projects with other posters.

Is it a post issue? Can I do so after 100, 500, 1000 posts? Do i have to "prove myself"?

Sorry, I'm just a bit peeved...

AGree Vegas Dave this is BS pal.... It is not like you are touting picks, touting some other forum, or any other bs. You are simply trying to get your name out there with your podcast sports talk stuff. Stupid that they are doing that. Shame on EOG on this matter

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Very fair for you to be skeptical.

I have over 600 posts over at SBR without trying to sell or push anything, and have had a few guys here vouch for me...

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time, you have to understand where I am coming from... why don't you wait until I actually post a link to some tout service or whatever before you pre-emptively damn me right from the get go?

Blondie

EOG Master

With all due respect sir,

Your first post in this thread was edited to remove a promotion link (post 1).

Your second post in this thread (post 8) you are handing out your email.

Your third post in this thread you state "to be a reference for all of you to use for bouncing baseball picks and ideas off of" (post 14)

Your fourth post you state "I'm just trying to spread the word about my personal project and help people out with the bases" (post 16)

You FIFTH post you state "feel free to PM ME any questions or games you want insight on or if you'd be interested in checking out my daily sports podcast " (post 17)

But yet you wonder why we question your motives....

Seems to be there is enough circumstantial evidence in your posting just in this thread.

You want your privileges to pm back? Prove us wrong. Become a member of this forum that does not constantly talk about your podcast or try to solicit ideas, advice etc from others and it might make a difference.

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

I don't wonder why you question my motives... thats all fine and good.

I've just never had to PROVE MYSELF on a damn online sports forum.

1) Telling someone they can't link to a private podcast -
Doesn't make sense to me. Like 5 star said, I'm not touting picks or another sports forum or another sports book. Its just a podcast with 0 advertisements. I doubt many people would check it out anyway... but those that wanted to could. No big deal. My 15-hits-a-day podcast is no threat to EOG.

2) Not letting me give my email address...
Makes no sense either. I suppose this is to protect other forum members from spam mail? The email address I have is one of many accounts I have (not my primary one) and I believe these people have enough common sense not to email a stranger from their primary email account. I'm sure they would send me an email from a secondary account and realize I was legit that way... but then...

3) Taking away my PMs???
Why? You won't let me correspond with people through email, right? So why on earth can't someone PM me "hey dave I'd like to check out your podcast" or "hey dave who do you have in the LA CHI game"? You removed my privileges and I never even sent out 1 PM! Did I send my podcast link or any PM at all to anyone? NO! You shut it off for no reason at all!

Why don't you wait until I actually ABUSE the PM feature before you take it away from me? Please explain what I did to have it taken away from me?

"feel free to PM ME any questions or games you want insight on or if you'd be interested in checking out my daily sports podcast "
Thats it? If someone wants to know what side I think is stronger in a game or, god forbid, they might want to listen to my podcast, that isn't okay?
We aren't allowed to talk sports in PMs or send links that one party ASKED FOR in PMs?

You ask me to prove myself as a forum contributer but you treat me like a run of the mill spammer without giving me so much as a hint of a chance.

Blondie

EOG Master

Vegas Dave, many of these settings were in place long before you got here.

If you would like to email with someone you are welcome to have them or you email any of the mods and we will pass along your email to them.

If someone wants your opinion on a game, why can't you post it here?

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Jimmy and Blondie,

VegasDave is my buddy.. Treat him good

Thanks man... sorry if I'm coming off as whiny or defensive in this thread, I'm just a bit put off by how things have been handled thus far. If I'm in the wrong I apologize.

Vegas Dave, many of these settings were in place long before you got here.

If you would like to email with someone you are welcome to have them or you email any of the mods and we will pass along your email to them.

Okay, if those are the rules, those are the rules. I just don't understand if party A willingly gives out their email address and party B decides to use that email address to contact party A, I don't see how this negatively effects or hurts anyone.

If someone wants your opinion on a game, why can't you post it here?

I can and will when I see the threads. The difference being with all of the hundreds (probably thousands) of threads started daily, it is impossible to navigate through every single one of them with so many being bumped down so fast. I check my email every 10 minutes or so, so if a person sends me an email "Dave, what do you think of Detroit ML VS. Cleveland?" I can provide some insight. OR, if a person could PM me "Dave, check out my thread on the game", I'd see that as soon as I came on to EOG and I could go post over there.

What is so important about my opinion that someone would email or PM me for it? PROBABLY NOTHING. But can't everyone decide for themselves whether or not I'm a helpful source instead of you deciding for them?

I'd link you to my college football youtube videos where I offer an email address where you can send me questions on specific games and I can provide examples of emails I've recieved and the detailed responses I've given. But if I linked it, it'd be deleted because it'd be a promotion, wouldn't it?

I didn't want to step on any toes or make this a me VS. EOG thing, that was not my intention at all. But I don't feel like I'm out of line being upset. I'll ask the question one more time since it wasn't answered in your response;

What did I do to have my PMs taken away? I didn't send out a single PM so I am absolutely NOT GUILTY of sending out my link or my email address. All I did was say okay, since you aren't allowed to email me, PM me instead. One member did, as you know... but you shut down my PMs before I could respond to him.

If any of your members ever say "PM me if you want to talk about a game or exchange email addresses" they will be banned from PMing?

If you could just let me know how someone loses PM privileges without sending out a single PM, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I'd love to be having this discussion privately with you instead of publicly, BUT THAT ISN'T AN OPTION FOR ME.

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Its worth noting too in the 3 days I've been here I've made 30 posts outside of this thread, none of which had anything to do with promoting anything.

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Greek, and thanks to the rest of you that posted nice little welcome notes :)

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Got it and I know why....

Will correct it and you will be able to pm mods here in a minute

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Blondie, had it then lost it again.

Sorry Jeff, I've just been responding to people...don't mean to be an attention whore.

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie, had it then lost it again.

Sorry Jeff, I've just been responding to people...don't mean to be an attention whore.

I do believe I was changing settings as you were working in it.

I also gave you your avatar back, just saw that it was unchecked...

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Blondie...

I keep receiving yours, but then when I hit reply I get the message "you don't have PMs" and then it disappears from that top right corner again.

EDIT: Same problem... maybe it wasn't meant to be haha.

Ummm try now and please remember my username is blondie for a reason :LMAO

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>EOG Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
VegasDave31 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>