Thoughts about betting the Olympics and its location...

mofome

Banned
Does anyone have a lot of success with betting the Olympics? The location seems ridiculous. The atmosphere could cause trouble for different athletes and in different ways. Im really excited about this thing getting started, i just wonder who here has had success betting on these events/futures.

Re: Thoughts about betting the Olympics and its location...

Not at all...

I have kiroshimiwona +180 to win the decathalon...:finger004

The location seems ridiculous. The atmosphere could cause trouble for different athletes and in different ways.

And that trouble and ways and ridiculous location would be?

You get the top ten people you've never heard of to run the 100 meters in Beijing, China or Gary, Indiana. There's a difference?

Are they running uphill in China?

mofome

Banned

And that trouble and ways and ridiculous location would be?

You get the top ten people you've never heard of to run the 100 meters in Beijing, China or Gary, Indiana. There's a difference?

Are they running uphill in China?

Air quality is not the best young Jeffery.

12io4j2w90

Well, mofome, you keep us up on global air quality.

We might have to move the Olympics.

You can't make it up.

mofome

Banned

Well, mofome, you keep us up on global air quality.

We might have to move the Olympics.

You can't make it up.

JJ, congrats on making a sarcastic comment in every thread you participate in. You're one of a kind. Well, maybe not, but you're something. Have a nice day.

12io4j2w90

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

JJ, congrats on making a sarcastic comment in every thread you participate in. You're one of a kind. Well, maybe not, but you're something. Have a nice day.

12io4j2w90

JJ is ridiculous. ENOUG HIS ENOUGH. WOw.

I am a decent track and field fan and in the last Olympis I had Jeremy Wariner who was UNDERvaled by a lot to say the least. His experience was minimal but no matter because he was the best even at his young age. He has not lost since. I will be looking for similar opportunites again.

Bad boy. Never.

I've never threatened to beat up anyone at the next bash.

And you?

I doubt the air quality in Benjing is worse than LA 84, Atlanta 96, or Athens 04.

I have been to all three cities above and the smog is really bad in the summer.

Where EOG really needs to improve is in the world air quality reports.

mofome

Banned

JJ is ridiculous. ENOUG HIS ENOUGH. WOw.

I am a decent track and field fan and in the last Olympis I had Jeremy Wariner who was UNDERvaled by a lot to say the least. His experience was minimal but no matter because he was the best even at his young age. He has not lost since. I will be looking for similar opportunites again.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

I doubt the air quality in Benjing is worse than LA 84, Atlanta 96, or Athens 04.

I have been to all three cities above and the smog is really bad in the summer.
WorldChanging: Tools, Models and Ideas for Building a Bright Green Future: China’s Air Quality and the Olympics
Shanghai is only around two-thirds as polluted as Beijing. But to put that into perspective, Shanghainese go to Hong Kong to enjoy clean air — and Hong Kong air contains around 30 percent more particulates than air in Los Angeles, America’s most polluted city. At the Hong Kong marathon last February, one man died and 20 people were hospitalized.

thats one blog i read recently about this.

also:
<small id="day_27" class="post-date2">May 27, 2008, 12:29 pm</small> The Starting Line: Smog in Beijing and a London Stadium to Take Away

By Jeff Z. Klein

A bicyclist in Beijing during today’s pollution alert. (Associated Press/Robert F. Bukaty)
With Beijing’s air quality plummeting because of a sandstorm blowing in today from Mongolia, the municipal government has declared an air quality emergency and advised people with respiratory problems to stay indoors. (The Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau’s Chinese-language site is here, and translated into English here and is here.)
Today’s confluence of weather conditions and the usual high concentrations of particulates in the air over the capital is exactly the scenario that many feared could mar the Beijing Games. Concerns over air quality are strong enough to have actually persuaded at least one Olympic gold medalist to forgo a Beijing event: Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia, who won the 10,000-meter at both Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000 as well as many world championship titles at that distance, and who in recent years has taken up marathoning, winning at Berlin last year and holding the unofficial world record time for the distance.

not something you see too often in ATL.

I've had some success in betting the more "major" of Olympic sports. Soccer in the summer games and hockey in the winter games. There's lots of information on these national teams all across the web.

Now as far as handicapping the hammerthrow and weightlifting quarterfinals goes, my advice is to always take the Bulgarians.