Time to make a game 3 line. What is it?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Re: Time to make a game 3 line. What is it?

Doubt very seriously it goes to 8-, probably not even 7. Guessing of course but around 5-/6 will be the ceiling.

Public will be chasing to high heaven on this one. We could see something utterly ridiculous at game time, say 9 or 9.5. This is like the SB, no amount of "smart" money overcomes the waves of public bettors who are sold on the flash of Kobe and Showtime over the balance and defense of Boston.

Public will be chasing to high heaven on this one. We could see something utterly ridiculous at game time, say 9 or 9.5. This is like the SB, no amount of "smart" money overcomes the waves of public bettors who are sold on the flash of Kobe and Showtime over the balance and defense of Boston.
agree. It's the same way during the NCAA tourney where public money moves the line.

Journeyman

EOG Master

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1224507 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">05-30-08, 11:48 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #23 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Journeyman<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1224507", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1224507 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Celtics/Lakers who wins it?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Public perception line ALL the way!

LAL rolled and Bos has struggled, that 2-3-2 format , makes all the difference.

The Lakers will be very fortunate to be up 3-2 heading back to Boston.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Two very evenly matched teams in the 2-3-2 format, it's very hard to overcome when you get the middle 3 games. Stupid format.

With all the money and time off between games, play them 1-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Seriously, all kidding aside, does anyone think this is riveting and exciting sport? Put aside your allegiances and your bets for a second and try and tell me with a straight face that this isn't the most boring shit.

Lakers will come home and the same stuff will happen, blowout city, all the calls will go for Kobe and the Lakers will be the team that's magically transformed into a juggernaut.

If you think i'm kidding, make a wager on the Celtics on the money line in game 3 and get back to me at the end of that game.

Seriously, all kidding aside, does anyone think this is riveting and exciting sport? Put aside your allegiances and your bets for a second and try and tell me with a straight face that this isn't the most boring shit.

Lakers will come home and the same stuff will happen, blowout city, all the calls will go for Kobe and the Lakers will be the team that's magically transformed into a juggernaut.

If you think i'm kidding, make a wager on the Celtics on the money line in game 3 and get back to me at the end of that game.

I'll let it get crazy and then throw a small bone on the Celtics in the thought that if they show up and play hard they just might wipe the Staples floor with these guys. If I am Boston I am thinking win this one game and finish it off or else likely endure a long tough series.

IMO the "realistic line" should be Boston -5.5 at home and LA -2.5, but the hype on the Lakers has more than reversed that.

ML of around -290 is fair at -7 but big public bet games throw it off the norm

Very true, will be hard for books to find people laying the big ML. Sharps won't lay big wood on an obviously inflated line and the average bettor will lay whatever points he has to in the "must win" situation.