Some advice for anyone betting Game 3

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
If you like LAL, bet as much as you can as soon as the line opens. The line is NOT going the other way no matter how high it opens. Get on that shit asap.

Re: Some advice for anyone betting Game 3

Agreed. Lots of people who are believers in the Celtics will take game 3 off IMO and all these Laker backers who have been getting killed so far will be putting in their chase bets on this one. The clueless chasers are going to line up whatever money they have left and bet it on this game figuring if they lose they will be done betting until September anyways.

I'd have to agree with this. We saw a flurry of LA action for Game 2 drive them from +2 to being favored. Game 3 will have an even higher sense of urgency. Anyone looking to middle/scalp the game, take LA off the bat.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I'm more interested in the total.
I'm afraid this just completed game will drive it too high for me to take the over. I may be looking to take the side in this game.
We shall see.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Big Laker 4th quarter in game 3 moves the line at least another 1/2 point. Totals are rather conservative-I's say 193-194 with a 5 point laker fav. line. Just a guess! Total is the major play for me, since I'm a celtic fan. may make a side small parlay play "just for the greed of it"!

Last edited:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

linesmakers were smart here.....if they opened this line 7.5 it was going to get hammered. people are believing that the Celtics, with a sore superstar and 2 games in the pocket, aren't going to be as urgent in this game. Also, what are the odds that the Celtics will get all the calls in LA like they did in Boston? Zero. Lakers will be given many calls and given every chance to get the W.

I can't imagine the league wants their 'epic series for the ages' to turn into a one horse race.

They're going to want people to talk about this series for a long time going forward and in order for that to happen, the Lakers have to win the next 2 games.

The Lakers were SO good in the previous 3 serieses and Boston was so bad vs Atlanta and not much more impressive vs Cleveland and all of a sudden you have this Boston team playing out of their brains, its really hard to explain.

At any rate, this league is all about entertainment and so far, its been anything but entertaining.

I believe the league realized that if they didn't basically win these 2 games for Boston, the Lakers would have stolen one in beantown. The league was smart and realized that the only way Boston could win is if they took Kobe out of the game right away and single handedly won the game for Boston.

If you call an equal amount of fouls on both teams here, Lakers win easy and the league didn't want that.

I think the way that the games in Boston were officiated, the league was telling us that they don't believe Boston can win even one game in LA.

Why do we think that Boston can go into LA and win a game when they got embarrassed in Atlanta and embarrassed in Cleveland and even embarrassed in Detroit by 20 points in a game deemed a 'must win'?

Journeyman

EOG Master

FK, how can you say all of this, what about the sharps waiting to hammer an inflated line? 9.5? lol

these are the NBA Finals with veteran HOF calibur players hungry for a title.

9.5 is too high, take Boston.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

FK, how can you say all of this, what about the sharps waiting to hammer an inflated line? 9.5? lol

these are the NBA Finals with veteran HOF calibur players hungry for a title.

9.5 is too high, take Boston.

9.5 is ridiculously high, but you know what? its the proper line. If they made it 7 (for example) there would have been a flood of laker money at that price. They knew what they were doing. At this spread, its almost impossible for an intelligent player to lay those kind of points. All the value has been sucked dry here. Smart players were outsmarted by the oddsmakers. There have been too many games in these NBA finals where the home team crushed in the first 2 games and then was horrible in game 3 in the other team's barn.

If you take Boston here and the points, you are saying that this season's trend of invincible home team in the first two games turn crap overnight in the other teams barn in game 3 isn't going to happen here.

Why do we think Boston will reverse this alarming trend? I know the price is right, but is there some reason we think Boston will come out in LA with guns blazing and compete hard to the end and cover this line in a game they absolutely don't need?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Don't get me wrong I could really see an LA 109-75 final in game 3.

Bos only needs one game in LA.

Do you think all three games will see near DD LAL fav lines?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Don't get me wrong I could really see an LA 109-75 final in game 3.

Bos only needs one game in LA.

Do you think all three games will see near DD LAL fav lines?

Im thinking yes as of now.

The only way that LA will be less than a 9 pt fave in game 4 is if Boston looks great and LA does not. If the Lakers look as good as Boston has looked in the first 2 games, the line for game 4 is not likely to be much different.

If LA wins the first two games in LA, they might not be as high of a fave in game 5 only because as the series gets longer, the Celtics will have much more urgency in game 5 with the series tied at 2 than they do in game 3

Apple

Banned

Lakers ML is as close to free money as there is in this game, don't get me wrong a lot of risk involved A TON but close to free money I think. Celtics are NOT winning the game they might cover but they aren't going to win.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sounds like Gynecologist will be on the phone calling gamblers:

"I normally never release anything higher than a 3* play during the
NBA finals ..."

Apple

Banned

Yes I'm cold calling tomorrow and giving all my customers Lakers ML.. If it loses the entire series is Free..

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

BOS +9.5 points here with both teams paying 1.85, which to me is not a big enough payout to make this game worthwhile.