• Larry Bird

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Kevin Garnett

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: Better Celtic? Bird or Garnett

Yeah, give me the Hall of Famer who won 3 titles and 3 MVPs in Boston over the guy who's played one season with the Celtics and never won shit (at least not yet).

This sounds like a question Madcapper would ask.

Apple

Banned

Man this question came up at work today and it got a completely different response.. Hey I voted for Bird myself.. I'm going to showcase this thread to them tomorrow..

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

This one is too easy. Bird along with Magic resurrected Pro basketball from the dead.

Bird is probably the best clutch player I've seen, not just in the NBA but any sport.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Fair question Gyno... Dont know why people just laugh at Garnett. I would take Bird, however its not a silly question. Kinda like the people who laughed at my KG or Kobe question... lol, KG is dominating the series so far

rjt721

EOG Master

Dont know why people just laugh at Garnett. I would take Bird, however its not a silly question.
Who's laughing at Garnett? The question is who's a better Celtic. How can you compare someone who's played one season in Boston to a guy who's, at worst, the second greatest player in the history of the most storied franchise in the NBA?

Apple

Banned

Who's laughing at Garnett? The question is who's a better Celtic. How can you compare someone who's played one season in Boston to a guy who's, at worst, the second greatest player in the history of the most storied franchise in the NBA?

Some people think the players in the 80s aren't as good as they are now.. I know a lot of people who think like that..

KG has put up some amazing stats without the help Bird always had, but come on let's get real. Then again some fools think Kobe is as good or better than MJ.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

bird and magic saved the NBA from the dead and brought kids like me growing up in the 80's into basketball.between jordan,bird,magic and kobe those four guys literally carried the game the last thirty years..without those four the league would've been very different.kobe sort of took the torch from jordan when MJ retired.even though he isn't as great as jordan he is the face of the league since michael left.

Apple

Banned

bird and magic saved the NBA from the dead and brought kids like me growing up in the 80's into basketball.between jordan,bird,magic and kobe those four guys literally carried the game the last thirty years..without those four the league would've been very different.kobe sort of took the torch from jordan when MJ retired.even though he isn't as great as jordan he is the face of the league since michael left.

This guy too

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

does anyone remember that full length of the court shot bird made in the 80's,i'm trying to find it....

5 star bomb

EOG Master

lol Kobe does not belong on that list with Bird, Magic, MJ... Kobe isnt the face of the league, there have been a lot of players Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Iverson, etc ec etc.

Apple

Banned

This one:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUMclkOH5lI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUMclkOH5lI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There are lots of faces of the NBA. The most dominant player since MJ hasn't been Kobe or Lebron though; I'd give it to the guy who has won two MVPs and four titles.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

the celts were my favorite back then and watching bird was always fun.he was the only one you never doubted when he took the last shot because it was going in.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

lol Mike H he made a 3 pointer 5 feet beyond 1/2 court... at the END of the 3rd quarter! Whats the big deal about that shot! I have made that shot before lol

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

there was a game where he shot from the other end of the court,the full length and made it.

there was a game where he shot from the other end of the court,the full length and made it.

Like this one

<object height="344" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hIoAQL8Mvk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="344" width="425"></object>

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Mark Jackson talked himself out of jobs with his stupidity. That guy sure gives Bill Walton a run for his money as the biggest idiot in the booth of any sport.

no kiddin, jackson is a fucking tard... at least van gundy is entertaining

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I am the only person that voted for KG by the way... I felt he needed a vote, i still would take bird, haha

Apple

Banned

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-J9nFRjmuD0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-J9nFRjmuD0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

gyno,great clips.who was that the hit bird and bloodied his face one time? i think it was someone from the pistons but not sure.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Garnett is not a celtic, he's a rental. This team wasn't able to win with what they had, so they went out and bought a championship.