SENATORS WON'T ALLOW DRILLING

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">hmmm
In May 97 senators voted to stop putting oil in the strategic petro reserve to try to lower gas prices, but 71 of those senators are opposed to drilling in the Arctic natl wildlife refuge.
Remember back in 1995 THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS, had the foresight to see the price of oil increasing and sent a bill that would have allowed us to drill safely in the Arctic.
Doc's hero..Bill Clinton VETOED it.
Most demos and some repub senators would rather have Saudi Arabia increase its oil production and sell to us than for us to drill on our own in places like the gulf of Mexico and ANWR(surely you know im referring to alaska) Obama and Mccain voted no on drilling in Anwr.
However, there is drilling going on in the gulf today, CHINA IS DRILLING FOR OIL 60 MILES OFF THE FL COAST.
As long as the same people stay in the same positions and only worry about getting re elected and basically campaign year round every year.
Nothing will ever change and gas will continue to go up.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: SENATORS WON'T ALLOW DRILLING

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">:devil: :dancefool 91023i2ndw;l :houra :finger004
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

ANWAR: 4-6 MAX of USA imports IN A 25-30 YR PERIOD FROM DAY ONE OF
PRODUCTION

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="940"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="left"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="25" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td><!--startclickprintexclude-->
</td> <td align="right"><!-- EdSysObj ID="SSI-B" FRAGMENTID="13417811" rberthol -->E-mail | Save | Print | <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- var tempshowReprintSSI = ""; if(window.showReprintSSI) { tempshowReprintSSI = showReprintSSI; } if ((navigator.os.indexOf("Mac")==1) && (navigator.type==2)) { // macIE if((document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value == "0") || (document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value=="2")) { if(document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value == "2"){ document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value = "0"; } else{ document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value = "1"; } if(tempshowReprintSSI == 'showReprintSSI'){ writeReprintLink(); } writeSubscribeToLink(); } else { document.forms.hiddenValForm.hiddenMacPrintValue.value = "2"; } } else {// non macIE - write top and bottom if(tempshowReprintSSI == 'showReprintSSI'){ writeReprintLink(); } writeSubscribeToLink(); } function writeReprintLink(){ document.write('Reprints & Permissions | '); } function writeSubscribeToLink(){ var url = document.location.toString(); var urlArray = url.split("/") var nurl = ""; for (i = 3; i < urlArray.length - 1; i++) { if(i<urlArray.length-2){ nurl += urlArray + "|"; } else { nurl += urlArray; } } document.write(''); } //--> </script><!-- /EdSysObj --> </td></tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"><table style="float: left;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td><!-- ContentCoreElement ID="5f6a9549-13b6-4550-b61a-823dc101cd29" agodlask --><table class="vaGlobal" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="245"><tbody><tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="vaText" colspan="2"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><!-- mfoster: End CCE -->
</td></tr></tbody></table><!--startclickprintinclude--> <!-- EdSysObj ID="SandboxLede" FRAGMENTID="13824585" agodlask --><script type="text/javascript">swapContent('firstHeader','applyHeader');</script><!--endclickprintexclude-->WASHINGTON (AP) ? House Republicans on Tuesday postponed action on what was to be one of the last major legislative achievements of this session of Congress, a bill to open a large area of the eastern Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas drilling.
Republicans gave no reason for the decision not to vote on the Senate plan to open 8.3 million acres of the Gulf that is now off limits to drilling and also steer hundreds of millions of dollars of federal royalty payments to four Gulf coast states ? a windfall for Louisiana, which would get about half the money.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Local Issues Prodded Republicans In House Votes Against Drilling

• <form method="post" name="emailThis" id="emailThis" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" action="http://www.nytimes.com/mem/emailthis.html"> <input name="type" value="1" type="hidden"><input name="url" value="http%3a%2f%2fquery%2enytimes%2ecom%2fgst%2ffullpage%2ehtml%3fres%3d9C05E4D71530F930A15755C0A9679C8B63%26sec%3d%26spon%3d" type="hidden"><input name="title" value="%20Local%20Issues%20Prodded%20Republicans%20In%20House%20Votes%20Against%20Drilling%20" type="hidden"><input name="description" value="%20House%20votes%20this%20week%20against%20oil%20drilling%20off%20the%20coast%20of%20Florida%20and%20in%20areas%20designated%20as%20national%20monuments%20seemed%20to%20be%20a%20clear%20sign%20of%20a%20new%20assertiveness%20among%20Republicans%20to%20stand%20up%20for%20the%20environment%2e%20%20%20But%20interviews%20with%20several%20members%20of%20Congress%20about%20Thursdays%20votes%20suggest%20that%20many%20were%20less%20a%20matter%20of%20******r%20sentiment%20among%20Republicans%20and%20more%20about%20local%20environmental%20issues%2e%20%20%20" type="hidden"><input name="asset_id" value="" type="hidden"><input name="pub_date" value=" 20010623 " type="hidden"><input name="author" value="By%20KATHARINE%20Q%2e%20SEELYE%20" type="hidden"><input name="col_name" value="" type="hidden"><input name="source" value="The%20New%20York%20Times" type="hidden"><input name="section" value="%20National%20Desk%20" type="hidden"><input name="adx_setup_tag" value="www%2enytimes%2ecom%2farchive%2farticle%2fus" type="hidden"><input name="adx_keywords" value="TopAd%2cTop5%2cBar1%2cPosition1%2cMiddle1C%2cFrame4A%2cFrame5%2cMiddleRight%2cRight%2cRight5A%2cRight6A%2cRight7A%2cRight8A%2cSponLink%2cSponLinkA%2cMiddle5%2cCircBottom%2cBottom7%2cBottom8%2cBottom9%2cInv1%2cInv2%2cInv3%2cADX%5fCLIENTSIDE" type="hidden"><input name="encrypted_key" value="bH+Sffxn21xfYTYxtJP9ZA" type="hidden">E-MAIL </form> <!-- #emailThis --><!-- .email -->
  • Print<!-- .print -->
  • Single-Page
  • Save
<!-- .toolsList --><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">writePost();</script><script badgetype="text" src="http://d.yimg.com/ds/badge.js">new_york_times:http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05E4D71530F930A15755C0A9679C8B63&sec=&spon=</script><!-- ADX= Frame4A -->
<!-- #adxToolSponsor -->
<!-- .toolsContainer -->
<!-- .articleTools -->
<!-- .toolsRight -->By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE
Published: June 23, 2001

House votes this week against oil drilling off the coast of Florida and in areas designated as national monuments seemed to be a clear sign of a new assertiveness among Republicans to stand up for the environment.

Representative Peter Hoekstra, a conservative Republican from Michigan, said he voted against drilling off Florida because he was worried about possible drilling for oil in the Great Lakes, and he wanted to support his colleagues from Florida in case he needed their votes to defeat drilling in Lake Michigan.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

If drilling in ANWAR is so important?

Why didn't republicans do something about it and add more refineries during the SIX years they held the house, senate and white house??? Maybe they shouldn't have been wasting the peoples time working on important issues like flag burning and gay marriage???

Optimistic estimates of ANWR coastal plain oil are that it could supply 5% of our needs for about 10-12 years, and that's using fairly rose tinted glasses and thin evidence to provide a forecast.

its funny that the Republicans had 6 years of TOTAL control of both houses and the Presidency ... FIRST time since EISEHOWER!!!!

They touted: less government, less taxes, less foriegn intervention, greater governement competance and elimination of the deficit (as Clinton had already started for them!)

INSTEAD everything they did was just the OPPOSITE!!!

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Why didn't republicans do something about it and add more refineries during the SIX years they held the house, senate and white house??? Maybe they shouldn't have been wasting the peoples time working on important issues like flag burning and gay marriage???

Optimistic estimates of ANWR coastal plain oil are that it could supply 5% of our needs for about 10-12 years, and that's using fairly rose tinted glasses and thin evidence to provide a forecast.

its funny that the Republicans had 6 years of TOTAL control of both houses and the Presidency ... FIRST time since EISEHOWER!!!!

They touted: less government, less taxes, less foriegn intervention, greater governement competance and elimination of the deficit (as Clinton had already started for them!)

Anti if they did that then they wouldn't be able to use these issues over and over again and fool the easily con and naive like Munkinfraud and the rest of these clowns.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

No shit ....

They use the same flappin lines over and over:

"They hate our freedoms ,,,"

"We are fightin them over there ..."

*"Liberals want America to lose this war ..."

* "Prove it ...." (In honor of Roscoe)

* "If the Dems had only allowed us to drill in ANWAR .."

* "There has not been an attack since 2001 ..."

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">GOOD JOB OF CHANGING SUBJECT
I SAID CLINTON VETOED...WHICH HE DID.

I SAID REPUBLICANS AND DEMOS WERE TO BLAME FOR NO DRILLING IN GULF.

CAN YOU READ THE WHOLE THING I WROTE OR JUST WHAT FITS YOUR FKING AGENDA JACKOFF

We have been screwed by all resent Presidents and their failed energy policies. Throw Congress in there too---we are screwed by the people who are suppose to be looking out for our best interest. 2348ji23e

Thank you All--Now we are F#&ked :hung

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">for the first time i agree with doc moron

Hogan was right.

he stayed on point of the thread which doc has never done.91023i2ndw;l

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

John Kerry said he would filibuster it.

Apple

Banned

Honestly I might not vote. I don't like either Obama or McCain, but I would vote for Ron Paul if he would run as an I.

100% agree with you.. I'm not into Obama nor McCain, absolutely the worst candidates I've ever witnessed. Wish Ron Paul was liked more by the mainstream media. Is Paul running as an I for sure?

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

100% agree with you.. I'm not into Obama nor McCain, absolutely the worst candidates I've ever witnessed. Wish Ron Paul was liked more by the mainstream media. Is Paul running as an I for sure?
Sadly, I don't think he will be. He could have been the savior of America.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Its simple ....

McCain GUARANTEES nuclear war ..... if you can live with that vote for this
guy as he at times makes Bush look mentally sane

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

How come he didn't catch on man? He had the money, a lot more than McCain in fact..
He was for pulling out of Iraq right away, and wasn't allowed to speak much in the debates. He didn't do that bad though, I think he came in 4th place out of 11.

Apple

Banned

He was for pulling out of Iraq right away, and wasn't allowed to speak much in the debates. He didn't do that bad though, I think he came in 4th place out of 11.

He didn't do bad at all but should of done a lot better IMO. He was forgotten about rather quickly. Maybe next election????

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Paul was dead from day one as the Right controlled media in this
country didnt like his message

I was hoping he would get the nomination so Hannity would do this
country a favor and commit suicide

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Paul was dead from day one as the Right controlled media in this
country didnt like his message

I was hoping he would get the nomination so Hannity would do this
country a favor and commit suicide
I sure wish he would run for president as an indy though. I think he could school both Obama and McCain in the debates.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Him and Ventura as a ticket ...

Now that would make for good entertainment !!

Apple

Banned

I sure wish he would run for president as an indy though. I think he could school both Obama and McCain in the debates.

no question about it.. Especially with Obama who won't have his cue cards handy when Ron Paul goes after him.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The good ol USA reminds me of Rome in many ways during its final
days ....

The fuckin Marines are training in Indianapolis this week on Martial
Law exercises?

Fuckin Bush is gonna take this country down completely before his
ass books to Paraguay

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

He had his run last year when they broke ground on fund raising over
the Net ....

The Bilderbergers want Hilliary so dont bet against someone taking a
shot at Obama ... remember ... Hilliary is still kicking

The MSM has been boxed into a corner with having to show some
"loving" to McNuclearLaunch so expect at any time either Robertson
or Dobson - or both - to give McBushClone their "blessings"

If ya aint nervous ... ya should be as the fires are burning on all
fronts right now

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Paul was a no go from the start ...

C'mon ... the guy has been married to the same woman for 50 yrs .... Mr Paul... get with the program and sleep with a cousin like Giulani or dump a wife with cancer for a younger woman like Gingrich or be part of the DC Madam's regular clients like Scarface Cheney (My god .... imagine ANY HUMAN BEING
fucking "Dick" Cheney?)

Apple

Banned

Paul was a no go from the start ...

C'mon ... the guy has been married to the same woman for 50 yrs .... Mr Paul... get with the program and sleep with a cousin like Giulani or dump a wife with cancer for a younger woman like Gingrich or be part of the DC Madam's regular clients like Scarface Cheney (My god .... imagine ANY HUMAN BEING
fucking "Dick" Cheney?)

:puking: