gynecologist "Rate this movie" thread... today's movie is Rounders

cassiusclay

EOG Master
Re: gynecologist "Rate this movie" thread... today's movie is Rounders

great movie, the oreo cookie scene has been intertwined in my poker playing at least twice...

I give it a 9. One of my favorites. Lots of good lines throughout the whole movie, good directing, and good acting. Have to say it covers some of the more real things that happen when gambling - like losing it all to a bad beat, having to lay low grinding your way through jobs to get a bankroll again, having to borrow money, covering for friends when they borrow money, what happens when you get caught cheating, and lots more.

cassius- I liked it a lot. My favorite poker movie of all-time. TeddyKGB

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Loved this movie. Many great scenes and great actors in great roles. Not to mention that it is a gambling movie.

Two Great lines:

1. When Matt Damon in his role (Mike McDermott in the movie) was going back to play Teddy KBG in the rematch he walked in and said: "I feel like Buckner walking back into Shea"

2. When Damon went to see Kinish after gettting the crap kicked out of him Kinish said: "You look like Bobick after Norton got through with him".....how many people even here remember this fight? I did and it was a great line aimed at sports fanatics like us.

9.5 rating

rgorr

EOG Member

Big Hand for the Little Lady

royboy

EOG Dedicated

9 - norton and damon were great

munson15

I want winners...

Loved this movie. Many great scenes and great actors in great roles. Not to mention that it is a gambling movie.

Two Great lines:

1. When Matt Damon in his role (Mike McDermott in the movie) was going back to play Teddy KBG in the rematch he walked in and said: "I feel like Buckner walking back into Shea"

2. When Damon went to see Kinish after gettting the crap kicked out of him Kinish said: "You look like Bobick after Norton got through with him".....how many people even here remember this fight? I did and it was a great line aimed at sports fanatics like us.
Nice quotes. I give it a 10 for the realism as I truly enjoyed the story which any gambler could relate to.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

kgb...couldn't have been played by a better actor...

pvcpipe

EOG Master

begs for a sequel that has never been made.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

begs for a sequel that has never been made.

that's cause edward norton is to busy getting paid to be the "incredible hulk", bill baxter is rolling around in his grave......

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

that's cause edward norton is to busy getting paid to be the "incredible hulk", bill baxter is rolling around in his grave......

I think you were referring to Bill Bixby

I'll give it an 8.5 just for having Matt Damon in it. :devil:

Seriously, though, I thought it was a good movie.

High Limit Hold'Em at the Taj...Where the sand turns to gold...

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I think you were referring to Bill Bixby

you are correct reno paul, i hate to admit it but that show was good to watch in a era with very little special effects, that was very cool to watch...thx for the correction, he deserves the proper credit. what was the show's song.."people used to tell me about my best friend".....starred bill bixby......that question will show the age of some forum posters....

janus

EOG Dedicated

excellent movie... norton, damon, malkovich -- great cast.

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

High Limit Hold'Em at the Taj...Where the sand turns to gold...

That is a line from Bruce Springsteen's "Atlantic City", but it works well in this movie.

I only discovered this movie recently. My wife, who hates gambling and anything related to it, enjoys this movie with me. The characters make the movie, in my mind. My wife has a tendency to jokingly refer to me as "Mr. Son-of-a-Bitch" in her best Teddy KGB accent lately.

I rate the movie a 9 and I generally do not like/watch movies.

Apple

Banned

That is a line from Bruce Springsteen's "Atlantic City", but it works well in this movie.

I only discovered this movie recently. My wife, who hates gambling and anything related to it, enjoys this movie with me. The characters make the movie, in my mind. My wife has a tendency to jokingly refer to me as "Mr. Son-of-a-Bitch" in her best Teddy KGB accent lately.

I rate the movie a 9 and I generally do not like/watch movies.

you dont like movies?

The problem with most movies based around poker is that the final scene with the big showdown game nearly always ends in HUGE hands... 4 of a kind, straight flush, royal flush. When in reality, this almost never happens.