Another strip golf course bites the dust.

kyhawk

EOG Addicted
I used to play at the Trop, Dunes. They are long gone and now the Wynn home of the old Desert Inn to be gone soon. From Las Vegas advisor.
I just recently heard that Steve Wynn's golf course is slated to be removed. What is going to be built on the site? A:

The old Desert Inn golf course, which currently occupies scores of acres behind the Wynn and the upcoming Encore, will be torn down to make way for an as-yet-unnamed two-hotel-and-convention-center complex. If completed as announced, the hotels would contain a total of 5,200 rooms and the convention center would be 1.8 million square feet. A water attraction similar to the one at Bellagio is planned for the property, as is an underground tram that would connect guests to the Las Vegas Convention Center across Paradise Road at the back of the golf course.
(On a side note, Wynn?s new convention center would compete with and complement the Las Vegas Convention Center and the Sands Expo. This cluster of convention centers would all be within a mile of one another and boast a combined total of more than five million square feet, big enough to handle the world?s largest conventions. As usual, Steve Wynn?s vision encompasses the Big Picture of Las Vegas?s future.)
This new project won?t be completed until 2011 at the earliest; plans, including the name, budget, and details, are expected to be submitted to county officials by the end of this year

kyhawk

EOG Addicted
Re: Another strip golf course bites the dust.

I forgot...I did play once at the DI. Getting old.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

I used to play at the Trop, Dunes. They are long gone and now the Wynn home of the old Desert Inn to be gone soon. From Las Vegas advisor.
I just recently heard that Steve Wynn's golf course is slated to be removed. What is going to be built on the site? A:

Gee, i have a tee time on 6/29 at the Wynn course. do you know when they are going to shut it down?

Where are people in the Las Vegas Valley ever going to find a place to play golf?

cassiusclay

EOG Master

rio secco, i left over 30 balls on that course, beautiful scenery, i think this course is a must play...

Rxx

EOG Veteran

Cassius- my favorite in LV is Paiute. I've played Secco as well and had a great time. lost a few as well.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Cassius- my favorite in LV is Paiute. I've played Secco as well and had a great time. lost a few as well.

next time i play out there i am gonna pay a little more attention to the weather, the day we played at secco was a scorcher. i will check out paiute next time i make it out there.

kyhawk

EOG Addicted

Best time of year to play is summer. Discount rates. It helped to live there so you are used to it. I used to tee of at noon all the time. Lots of water.

Gee, i have a tee time on 6/29 at the Wynn course. do you know when they are going to shut it down?

At least a year from now. They are going to build the other stuff around it and keep the course open as long as possible. Then Steve Wynn will buy out another course somewhere out in the valley.

Funny how people really thought he would keep that course up forever. Land has to be worth somewhere between $15-25 million an acre. How could anyone justify keeping it a golf course?