OK FESS UP: HAVE YOU EVER TIPPED YOUR BOOKIE AFTER WINNING?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: OK FESS UP: HAVE YOU EVER TIPPED YOUR BOOKIE AFTER WINNING?

If I win an uneven amount, like 247, I let him keep 7.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Never a bookie but I use to give a 10 to the ticket writers every now and then before going to mostly internet gaming.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

not the bookie, but i have at the race track, if i am betting at the same window, and hit a nice one....

cassiusclay

EOG Master

fuck no....i have been honest with figures that are in his favor, not sure i ever got it in return....

I have a few times. It seemed like it was appreciated. Don't go too overboard though - keep in mind they don't tip you if you lose.

Not the question but my local use to give me a free play on the Army/Navy game every year for the amount of my average bet.

Not really. I have done the same as madcapper and let him keep the odd ammount.

He hasn't ever tipped me when I have lost, but I collect money from some of the mutual friends we have and he will knock 50 off my tab, or credit me 50 towards my winnings, depending on if I am up or down.

Funny though, if I am ever up alot and collect for him he doesnt give me the 50 then.lol

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

never tipped a bookie, but bought him a drink or two when i was collecting at a bar.

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

No way. He's rich and I'm a 20 year old college student. If I'm up 290, he will round it to 3 bills. I always give him exact.

WYM

EOG Dedicated

never the bookie but yes in vegas

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">you guys have to be shitting me, tip a bookie? :LMAO
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

RPM

EOG Veteran

ummm, not no, but FUCK NO. :smokesmal

The Devil

EOG Master

A FEW OVER THE YEARS HAD TRIED TO TIP ME WHEN THEY WON.....BUT I WOULD NEVER ACCEPT A TIP..........

Junior

EOG Veteran

Did better than tip him, back in 1983 I bet the Giants vs Dallas OVER 37 for 4 dimes and called him to bet the 4pm games and he said I was a lucky mother cause he gave me the wrong line it was 42. The game went over by halftime and I told him to squash the 4 dime bet. I already beat him for 15 thousand that week plus I was working in his restaurant at that time where 5 godfathers owned it but one was in prison so I was betting with the 4 of them,lol. Was making a killing back then. Till today I still throw it in his face that I gave him a 4 dime tip back then. Since then I bought him a NEW Caddy each year,lol. If you know what I mean.

If I win an uneven amount, like 247, I let him keep 7.

If my amount was 247 it's understood that we round up or down (245 or 250) depending on the numbers that's the only way a bookie would get any sort of tip from me.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Bite your tongue, sir.
I may have sent over a tin of baked ziti or something for the holidays, tho............and then again, maybe I didn't.

I think I have a long time ago. Would NEVER do it again. I do overpay players all the time though. Round up to an even $10 amount.