Typical politician crap from obama on SS

While talking about raising taxes today......

Obama said his plan "allows us to extend the life of Social Security" without raising the retirement age or cutting benefits. He said McCain "a few years ago" stated that he might consider a higher cap on incomes subject to the tax, "but today he's attacking me for holding the very same position."

Way to go obama, lets don't try to fix SS, lets just raise taxes to
extend it. In a few years we will come back and raise taxes again.
:doh1

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
Re: Typical politician crap from obama on SS

Obama said his plan "allows us to extend the life of Social Security" without raising the retirement age or cutting benefits. He said McCain "a few years ago" stated that he might consider a higher cap on incomes subject to the tax, "but today he's attacking me for holding the very same position."

all he wants to do is raise the ceiling to keep ss solvent. i'd prefer that than to let the "kenny lay's" of the world get their greedy little hands on it.

all he wants to do is raise the ceiling to keep ss solvent. i'd prefer that than to let the "kenny lay's" of the world get their greedy little hands on it.
I know what he wants as thats what I stated, IT IS A TEMPORARY FIX,
A BAND AID, A MEASURE TILL THE TAXES ARE RAISED AGAIN!

I would rather invest mine in Exxon than SS.
Rate of return is the key, NOT GOVERNMENT RATE OF WASTE!

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I know what he wants as thats what I stated, IT IS A TEMPORARY FIX,
A BAND AID, A MEASURE TILL THE TAXES ARE RAISED AGAIN!

I would rather invest mine in Exxon than SS.
Rate of return is the key, NOT GOVERNMENT RATE OF WASTE!

if you thought the enron scandle was big, imagine if they let wall street anywhere near our ss. and raising the ss ceiling is not a temp. fix, its practicle. why are so many republican opposed to tax increases ? i've always been raised to be responsible and pay my own way. this war is on credit, the bill will come due one day. the bush administration runs our economy like a drunken college student with a new credit card.

Real Deal:

then do it babe!!

I am invested in Exxon but I still have to pay SS taxes for the
government to waste. I'd rather have the choice of my own
private investments.
I would like to have a more comfortable life than the SS cry babies
who always bytch because they aren't getting rich from SS.
Hell they all on average get out more than they put in.
They should be happy with that!

if you thought the enron scandle was big, imagine if they let wall street anywhere near our ss. and raising the ss ceiling is not a temp. fix, its practicle. why are so many republican opposed to tax increases ? i've always been raised to be responsible and pay my own way. this war is on credit, the bill will come due one day. the bush administration runs our economy like a drunken college student with a new credit card.

Do you have any idea how much you pay in taxes?
Add it all up....Federal, state, and local.
I'm sure you are happy with it but not those who
don't like being robbed.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Do you have any idea how much you pay in taxes?
Add it all up....Federal, state, and local.
I'm sure you are happy with it but not those who
don't like being robbed.

i realize what i pay and what i get back. education, roads, transportation, police protection, courts, fire protection as well as the military. these are some of the things that i'm willing to pay for and i feel everyone should be proud to pay their own way. are you comfortable with the way the iraqi war is being financed ? spend now let our kids and grandkids foot the bill.
i do become irate when i see companies that set up off shore offices to avoid taxes, waste, companies like haliburton that are just out to steal from us.
like i said, if i use it, i pay for it, that should be the american way.

i realize what i pay and what i get back. education, roads, transportation, police protection, courts, fire protection as well as the military. these are some of the things that i'm willing to pay for and i feel everyone should be proud to pay their own way. are you comfortable with the way the iraqi war is being financed ? spend now let our kids and grandkids foot the bill.
i do become irate when i see companies that set up off shore offices to avoid taxes, waste, companies like haliburton that are just out to steal from us.
like i said, if i use it, i pay for it, that should be the american way.
EDUCATION? HELL MAN THE SCORES GET LOWER EVERY YEAR
TRANSPORTATION? LIKE THAT BRIDGE IN MINNESOTA?
POLICE PROTECTION? ETC ON AND ON...........
DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE GETTING YOUR MONEYS WORTH?
If so I wanna start selling you Gas. I'm sure you would think
$25 a gallon is a bargin.
:+textinb3

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Maybe this wouldn't need help if you shit bag greed thinkers didn't run us into 9 trillion dollars worth of debt. 1/3 of our taxes goes right to this massive debt you assholes created. somebody has to pay for it. System payed for itself until you pricks ran so much debt that they had to tap into it.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

EDUCATION? HELL MAN THE SCORES GET LOWER EVERY YEAR
TRANSPORTATION? LIKE THAT BRIDGE IN MINNESOTA?
POLICE PROTECTION? ETC ON AND ON...........
DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE GETTING YOUR MONEYS WORTH?
If so I wanna start selling you Gas. I'm sure you would think
$25 a gallon is a bargin.
:+textinb3
my kid's grades and test scores get better every year, so i'm getting my moneys worth there. the falling bridge in minnesota was due to underfunding, not over funding. like i said, i consider myself a responsible person that pays his own way, it's ok if you find that funny.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

when 10 million idiots lose all their SS money in the stock market, turn 65, and are broke- what do you want to do with them- put them in debtors prisons. I have 25 people who work for me and only a handful have any appreciable knowledge about issues of money. If they miss a paycheck, they are in trouble. Living paycheck to paycheck in your 40s is a bad omen for retirement. i know far too many of them.

when 10 million idiots lose all their SS money in the stock market, turn 65, and are broke- what do you want to do with them- put them in debtors prisons. I have 25 people who work for me and only a handful have any appreciable knowledge about issues of money. If they miss a paycheck, they are in trouble. Living paycheck to paycheck in your 40s is a bad omen for retirement. i know far too many of them.

Then they shouldn't have wasted the TRILLIONS we have spent on
educating them. If they would get their mind off of dancing with the
stars and american idol and go read a book, THEN they might get an
idea on how to invest.
In the meantime they can just buy savings bonds and any simpleton
can do that and still do better than SS.

GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN

my kid's grades and test scores get better every year, so i'm getting my moneys worth there. the falling bridge in minnesota was due to underfunding, not over funding. like i said, i consider myself a responsible person that pays his own way, it's ok if you find that funny.

Thus I congratulate you on being a responsible man, so you too should
be smart enough to see that you would be MORE RESPONSIBLE with
YOUR money that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!