How is the Bush economy working??

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Source: Crain's New York Business

Several large airlines will likely be forced into bankruptcy by the end of the year, according to a study released Thursday.

If oil prices continue to hover at around $130 a barrel, all the major airlines will be in default on various debt covenants within the next eight months, according the report by the Business Travel Coalition and industry consultant Airline Forecasts.

The report looked at debt obligations and revenue trends for all 170 carriers operating in the United States.

?The elephant in the room is that these carriers are going to be at risk of bankruptcy by the fourth quarter of this year or the first quarter of next year,? said Kevin Mitchell, chairman of the Business Travel Coalition, a trade group for corporate travel planners.

Read more: http://www.crainsnewyork.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=...

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated
Re: How is the Bush economy working??

the main problem is the ceo's will all take multi-million dollar bonuses right before the bankruptsy hits, then stick us with the bill.

the main problem is the ceo's will all take multi-million dollar bonuses right before the bankruptsy hits, then stick us with the bill.

now thats something we can agree on. I don't know why
more stockholders don't call for a performance based pay
system.
I know I voted against every board member of WAMU and a
few other stocks I have. And if I had enough stock in WAMU
I would be like Carl Icahn

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Yeah

232 Dems
201 Nazis

Obama will have complete control come Jan 20th unless Bush does
call off the National Election as certain signs indidcate that is in
his gameplan

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

now thats something we can agree on. I don't know why
more stockholders don't call for a performance based pay
system.
I know I voted against every board member of WAMU and a
few other stocks I have. And if I had enough stock in WAMU
I would be like Carl Icahn

we probably agree on just as many things that we disagree on. a good rule of thumb, we disagree 1/3 of the time, we agree 1/3 of the time, and 1/3 of the issues we just don't care. it's fun to debate the daily issues, and if we can keep it civil, we all might learn something.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

as well as every democrat in congress
:party

i kind of think of myself as a "progressive libertarian", but that doesn't mean i'm a full fledged democrat. i think pelosi and reid are just as bad as bush and cheney and don't get me started on the clintons and ted kennedy.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

Yeah

232 Dems
201 Nazis

Obama will have complete control come Jan 20th unless Bush does
call off the National Election as certain signs indidcate that is in
his gameplan

i don't see him calling off any election. he and his cohorts have taken everything they can steal and then some, there's no point in calling off any election as there's nothing left to take.