Little school with the best chance to sneak into the BCS?

mofome

Banned
Seems like more and more non BCS conference schools are becoming competitive (boise/hawaii) who is the most likely to make a splash this year? I like BYUs offense and coaching staff, but that defense could be shaky to start the season.

Re: Little school with the best chance to sneak into the BCS?

I think they'll keep coming out of the west. The Fresno States and BYU's and Nevada's, have seen Boise and Hawaii do it.

Fresno will take any game, BYU has a history of good teams and Nevada is moving in the right direction.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I think they'll keep coming out of the west. The Fresno States and BYU's and Nevada's, have seen Boise and Hawaii do it.

Fresno will take any game, BYU has a history of good teams and Nevada is moving in the right direction.

and there in lies the problem with Fresno - their first 4 games are:

@ Rutgers
Wisky
@ Toledo
@ Cal

of these 4 if they win ONE they should be happy and because of this they have NO SHOT at a BCS spot unless they win all of these............IF they win all of these and then run the table they are a 100% DEAD MORTAL LOCK to play in a B(C)S game - probably the Fiesta Bowl where the stands would looks like a Hemophiliacs convention there would be so much RED in the stands

BYU on the other hand COULD go 12-0 and get a B(C)S spot with the sked they have - not too inconceivable. IF they beat UW it wouldn't be THAT big an upset and they will be favored over UCLA since the Bruins will suck this season. i could see them going 12-0 but with this sked making a B(C)S spot still might not happen

<TABLE class=wikitable style="FONT-SIZE: 95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>August 30*</TD><TD>4 pm</TD><TD>Northern Iowa</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards StadiumProvo, UT</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>September 6*</TD><TD>7 pm</TD><TD>Washington</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Husky StadiumSeattle, WA</TD><TD>FSN</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>September 13*</TD><TD>1:30 pm</TD><TD>UCLA</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT</TD><TD>Versus</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>September 20</TD><TD>1 pm</TD><TD>Wyoming</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>October 3*</TD><TD>TBD</TD><TD>Utah State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Romney StadiumLogan, UT</TD><TD>TBD</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>October 11†</TD><TD>4 pm</TD><TD>New Mexico</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>October 16</TD><TD>7 pm</TD><TD>TCU</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Amon G. Carter StadiumFort Worth, TX</TD><TD>Versus</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>October 25</TD><TD>12 pm</TD><TD>UNLV</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>November 1</TD><TD>4 pm</TD><TD>Colorado State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Hughes StadiumFort Collins, CO</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>November 8</TD><TD>12 pm</TD><TD>SDSU</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>LaVell Edwards Stadium • Provo, UT</TD><TD>The mtn.</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>November 15</TD><TD>1:30 pm</TD><TD>Air Force</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Falcon StadiumColorado Springs, CO</TD><TD>CBS CS</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>November 22</TD><TD>4 pm</TD><TD>Utah</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD>Rice-Eccles StadiumSalt Lake City, UT</TD><TD>The mtn</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and there in lies the problem with Fresno - their first 4 games are:

@ Rutgers
Wisky
@ Toledo
@ Cal
I know, I know...

BUT, you have to admire a school that plays a non-conference schedule like that. MAJOR teams play a cupcake schedule and then look for respect, what a joke! Fresno's willingness to take all comers should be the norm rather than the exception.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I know, I know...

BUT, you have to admire a school that plays a non-conference schedule like that. MAJOR teams play a cupcake schedule and then look for respect, what a joke! Fresno's willingness to take all comers should be the norm rather than the exception.

agree - sorta

they go a tad too much to an extreme. then again at least they aren't some schools in the SEC:

LSU: Applachian State (although as we saw last year.........), Troy and North Texass (Then again with LESS Miles as the Moron in change of the team they need CUPCAKE games to make up for his stupidity)

i think boise state can do it because they have a couple good LB's comming in off recruiting as well as having mostly a senior team. Ryan Clade is going to hurt no doubt (when does a 1st round OL not hurt) but they do have very capable guys to step in and handle to type of competition that they face. One advantage is having boise state's schedule as there toughest game is going against New mexico state in new mex st. This will be expecially tough because Chase Holbrook is going to be much better than last year, he'll be more in the form of the year before last.

The real wild card in this scenario is the redshirt freshman QB Kellen Moore. I think he can step in as he looked very good all spring and local media has him looking in the best shape of his life.