What could you shoot at Torrey Pines?

Using USGA rules. I dont think there is a poster here at EOG that could break 80.

I, for one, would be happy with anything under 120. :LMAO

cassiusclay

EOG Master
Re: What could you shoot at Torrey Pines?

depends on the course and how many times you play it....i shot a 90 2 weeks ago but on a real course would have shot a 115.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I shot 75 there from the tips, by the rules, but not in US Open conditions, which I figure you meant. Doubt I could break 90 in these conditions, probably shoot around 100, maybe.

I shot 75 there from the tips, by the rules, but not in US Open conditions, which I figure you meant. Doubt I could break 90 in these conditions, probably shoot around 100, maybe.

75 is STRONG. 12io4j2w90

I know here at Southern Hills (Tulsa) that when they prep the course for the PGA you can add 15-20 strokes. PGA conditions are RIDICULOUS.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i had a moment the last time i played. try not to do to much. distance off the drive is crucial but not game changing. relax my swing, try and hit the fairways....i was surprised at the results. i used 2 get 2 twisted up when i was playing, just relax and the game was so much more fun.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

playing off the fairways off your drive is new 2 me, what a difference.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Speaking of which, don't forget tomorrow at 2PM EDT, on NBC right before the US Open coverage, is the Tony Romo, Justin Timberlake, Matt Lauer, and amateur John Atkinson foursome playing the US Open set-up Torrey Pines course.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Speaking of which, don't forget tomorrow at 2PM EDT, on NBC right before the US Open coverage, is the Tony Romo, Justin Timberlake, Matt Lauer, and amateur John Atkinson foursome playing the US Open set-up Torrey Pines course.

we are not done discussing this big brown race...i have some issues with the stud fee contract being signed before the race!

The Devil

EOG Master

at 7600 yds with that rough.........maybe 140 without any x's............and I am being kind to myself.........somewhere I would have to take at least a 15 on a hole..............probably 160 is more realistic..........

cassiusclay

EOG Master

at 7600 yds with that rough.........maybe 140 without any x's............and I am being kind to myself.........somewhere I would have to take at least a 15 on a hole..............probably 160 is more realistic..........

you, my ggod man, are a real golfer and i respect you for what you just posted. there are no mulligans on the pga tour and no "winter rules"....

BRUTAL HONESTY.

From which tees young lady?
Ladies :(
I'm not very strong off the tee, but I don't lose a lot of balls either. ;) I've got a pretty decent short game, though. My dad's a scratch golfer and taught me to play when we lived in Florida.

JaBrady

EOG Addicted

I'd give myself a 25% chance at 80. Probably would end up at about 85 though. Had a chance to play the Memorial the week after the touranment and shot 79.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

OSU, I have played Southern Hills, brutal golf course, and this was in regular conditions. The way they set it up for the US Open has to make it so much harder, maybe even more then 15 shots.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

5-under Par

When I got to 66 I'd skip the last 12 holes and be happy with my score of 5-under Par 66

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Assuming there are no water crossings over 100 yards, I would score better with a putter and pitching wedge.

You'd be surprised how many of you 100+ golfers would score better playing courses with just a putter.

Sean

The Devil

EOG Master

Assuming there are no water crossings over 100 yards, I would score better with a putter and pitching wedge.

You'd be surprised how many of you 100+ golfers would score better playing courses with just a putter.

Sean

SEAN, HALF THOSE HOLES YOU NEED TO GO 200 YARDS BEFORE YOU REACH A FAIRWAY................

shooterman

EOG Veteran

Good day 120, bad day 160 and probably would not finish. Quit golfing years ago even though I enjoyed it sometimes. Way too frustrating and chewed up all my time.

OSU, I have played Southern Hills, brutal golf course, and this was in regular conditions. The way they set it up for the US Open has to make it so much harder, maybe even more then 15 shots.

My associate is a member. He is a 6 handicap. He played it the day they shut it down for "prep" (2 weeks before the event). He shot 87. That was TWO full weeks before the Tour showed up.

I cant imagine anyone shooting par on that course after they let it grow out.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I would shoot around 180 under these conditions. That rough is so deep in spots I might never get it out. Athletic guy by nature, but just ruined my golf swing over the years. Frustrating.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I can hit my putter about 180 with some roll.

Beats 450 with a driver when 300 is straight and 150 is to the right

I usually shoot around mid 90's on my home course which is about a little over 6000 yards. I figure each hole would be an extre 100 yards which would equate to half a stroke per hole and because the degree of difficulty is much higher add another stroke per hole.

Based on this simple formula that would make it around mid 120's.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I usually shoot around mid 90's on my home course which is about a little over 6000 yards. I figure each hole would be an extre 100 yards which would equate to half a stroke per hole and because the degree of difficulty is much higher add another stroke per hole.

Based on this simple formula that would make it around mid 120's.

another honest golfer, props to you dude.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Romo shot 84 in that special on NBC tomorrow that was played a week
ago on Torrey

84 and the dude finished 38th in the Southern Amateur this year and
shot 69 one of his rounds and finished one stroke ahead of Marucci
who lost to Woods in the Finals of the US Amateur I believe in 95
out in Rhode Island

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Better question is what would folks NET SCORE be from the tips under
these conditions ....

No way anyone on this board would break Par