Greatest, most epic sports call in history.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Which call gives you goosebumps?

Ok, so they all do.

Add to this list if i've forgotten anything worthy of top 10 status.

1) Al Michaels. "Do you believe in Miracles......YES"

2) Johnny Most "Havlicek stole the ball....."

3) Joe Starkey, "FIELD?AND THE BEARS!! THE BEARS HAVE WON! The Bears have won! Oh, my God!"

4) Russ HodgesThere's a long drive... it's gonna be, I believe...THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, "

5) Jack Buck, " then you would run for Gibson and have Sax batting. But, we have a big 3-2 pitch coming here from Eckersley. Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw!

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: Greatest, most epic sports call in history.

For Canadians, it would be the Foster Hewitt call from the September 1972 Canada-Russia series...."Henderson swipes and misses....puck in front...Henderson SCORES for Canada!"

The Devil

EOG Master

RUSS HODGES CALL HAS TO BE THE MOST HEARD AND PLAYED CALL EVER.........

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">#4 immediately came to mind for me. I forgot about the miracle on ice....
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Honarable Mention:

"Down goes Frazier"
"Down goes Frazier"
"Down goes Frazier"

(Howard Cosell during the first Forman/Frazier fight in the early 70's)

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Haray Carey liquored up trying to pronounce ANY Cuban ballplayers name

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

'He did it! He did it! Flutie did it!'

That was the Dan "The Duke" Davis's radio call of the Hail Mary play and it is in my top 5. Joe Starkey is a close second for the pure emotion of call of the Cal/Stanford play.

Somebody once gave me a book that had a CD with a lot of these great plays. Classic stuff, though I think it had the Musberger call of the Flutie pass instead of Davis's.

My favorite moment was not the "Do you believe in miracles?" line, but the actual call of Eruzione's goal. To me, that was the first time that the impossible seemed possible.

'He did it! He did it! Flutie did it!'

'Player A is looking to do something from behind 3...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' - any close game Gus Johnson has ever done in college basketball

Bill Rafferty: "THE DAGGER!!!

:dancefool

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

1) Al Michaels. "Do you believe in Miracles......YES"
this was big, because we Americans weren't expected to be able to compete with the other powerhouse countries.

4) Russ HodgesThere's a long drive... it's gonna be, I believe...THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, "
this one is played in clips all the time.
5) Jack Buck, " then you would run for Gibson and have Sax batting. But, we have a big 3-2 pitch coming here from Eckersley. Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw!
this one came to mind when i read the topic in the thread, i loved watching that game.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Back....to the track....to the wall....we are TIED!

1. Al Michaels "Do you believe in miracles".
2. Jack Buck, but for a different one. Game 6 WS Twins/Braves
Kirby swings "see you tomorrow night"
3. Tin Cup movie "that's a twelve, that's a twelve"

Speaking of Harry Carey

It was pronouncing Joaqin Andujar "walkin an do jar"
Then there was Hernandez spelled backwards zahdujtchckgrsflbha
Sammy Sosa was Sandy Sossia many days

I only wish he was alive to work with Fukudome!

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

All the above, and:
"Now there's a Steal By Bird! Underneath to DJ he lays it in!"
"Magic down the middle, just what I thought a hook shot at 12 gooooooooood!"
"Leinart...gonna to try & sneak it ahead" "He got in!" "TOUCHDOWN SC!"
"It is caught by Dyson. Can he get in? No, he cannot! Mike Jones made the tackle... and the Rams have won the Super Bowl!"