Best Video Game Ever

d ray

EOG Dedicated
Re: Best Video Game Ever

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=553 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=style5 vAlign=top align=middle width=277> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

i really like the hockey game from Intellivision in the mid 80's...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It has not been invented yet. I migrated from pinball and air hockey to pong, breakout, and tennis. Next, some say the original, Space Invaders. Now with a million choices, everyone plays something different. But back in the day, Space Invaders is all anybody played. Soon you got off of monochrome, and got amazing color, well, better than monochrome. You waitied in line or put your quarter up to play those, because the 20 other old style machines were now obsolete. There was no live playing, because there was no internet. There were no gamer consoles, no pc's, no nuthin.

I owned this game, never missed the saucer. Best Video game ever.

OF...:cheers

JT McGEE

EOG Addicted

River Raid for the Atari

Close second is RBI Baseball for Original Nintendo and then The first Mortal Kombat

phoich4

EOG Addicted

Zelda 2 - The Adventures of Link

Honorable Mentions: RBI Baseball, Mega Man 2, Super Mario World, Tetris, Mrs. Pacman(w/ speed chip)

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

sports:
Baseball Stars or SUPER TECMO BOWL
role playing:
Legend of Zelda
computer:
Starcraft or Fall Out
arcade:
ms pac mac or galaga
shooter:
cod 4

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

2 games that come to mind that i spent a ton of time on trying to beat are, the original Metroid for NES, and the original Resident Evil for PS1.

phoich4

EOG Addicted

Mike Tyson's Punch Out, how could I have forgotten that? Solid game, however I could never beat Tyson.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="553"><tbody><tr><td class="style5" align="center" valign="top" width="277"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Some told me there was a version on the GameCube system.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I THINK you may be joking Compaq, but not sure, lol.........:+clueless

It was HORRIBLE :doh1

Still remember trying to get to the ship when it was ready to pick you up. It was about the same size as E.T. himself........

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

VIEW IGN GAME PAGE

Estimated budget: over $50m (inflation-adjusted)
No list of video game flops would be complete without the game that's widely credited with causing the great videogame crash of 1983. Atari paid somewhere around $25 million for the movie license, then had their programmers hammer out a game in a mere five weeks. The video games industry celebrated its release by disappearing into a recession that took years to cure, and Atari was broken up and sold just a year later. E.T. is still remembered as the worst game ever made. Still, if that hasn't put you off (perhaps you are a masochist or otherwise insane) head for the desert and start digging: untold millions of unsold E.T. cartridges were dumped in an Alamogordo, New Mexico landfill where they remain to this day. Best place for 'em.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Old school bitches. Galaga or Tempest

Is Galaga the one where you could get capture, then have your next fighter rescue you and fight as a double gunner (until one gets killed)?

Tempest. Was this the one where objects came down a lane and you 'zap' them?

It has not been invented yet. I migrated from pinball and air hockey to pong, breakout, and tennis. Next, some say the original, Space Invaders. Now with a million choices, everyone plays something different. But back in the day, Space Invaders is all anybody played. Soon you got off of monochrome, and got amazing color, well, better than monochrome. You waitied in line or put your quarter up to play those, because the 20 other old style machines were now obsolete. There was no live playing, because there was no internet. There were no gamer consoles, no pc's, no nuthin.

I owned this game, never missed the saucer. Best Video game ever.

OF...:cheers

This is one that I will be buying for the game room when things are ready.

You mentioned pinball (along with others), do you recall "The Royal Flush" or "The Black Knight"? Have found these at estate sales and have them in storage currently. Air-hockey and Foos-ball tables are with the pinball toys.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

legend of zelda ,back in 1988 it took me six months to beat this game and once i had a whole bunch of stuff saved on there and my sister accidentally erased it and cried because she was scared i would hurt her for messing my game up,lol.mom told me that years later.

ms. pac man is another favorite.

i love all the stuff like zelda,castlevania,metroid,etc. off the first nintendo.

i have a question,after giving up video games back in 1990 i'm thinking of getting a nintendo DS handheld.i hear it has a lot of the older games and was wondering if anyone here has any nintendo DS feedback

janus

EOG Dedicated

of the old school stuff, donkey kong & defender were great. we used to go down to the supermarket & pick up bottles out of the returnable bottle bin to get change to play the games, then dumpster dive to have foodfights in the parking lot. high class, gents.

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

the legend of zelda on gamecube was same as NES version. you can also DL it for the WII. also can play it on gameboy and DS.

on DS, it aint bad. graphics are not next-gen, but some of the games are good. im on old school video game fan, so i love any of the classic stuff.

my old man brought over a garbage bag with all my old intellivision stuff. everything from b-17 bomber to lock and chase.

The Devil

EOG Master

the new ones out today are awesome.............

but about 20 years ago there was a little guy runnning back and forth with a basket catching bombs...........I sometimes played it for hours......