Separation of Church and State

Blondie

EOG Master
Do you think there should be a separation between church and state?

Why or why not?

Please list points as to your opinion on this and if possible provide references for your points.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated
Re: Separation of Church and State

I think that Pastors and Religious leaders should stay out of politics period.
That goes for both sides of the aisle. Phlager, Wright, Hagge, Parsley, etc. all they were was a distraction.

Jesse Ventura did mention that religious leaders should stay out of politics or lost thier tax-exempt status. I agree with Jesse.

Blondie

EOG Master

Do you think religion should stay out of the schools as well?

Should a child be punished for praying at school?

Should prayers be allowed at graduations, before competitions etc?

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Do you think religion should stay out of the schools as well?

Should a child be punished for praying at school?

Should prayers be allowed at graduations, before competitions etc?

You must be talking about public schools Blondie. With that said I think that there could be a compromise in which there could be separate groups in which they can worship, pray or simply get together, but not in the classroom or during school hours. That goes for all religions.

I don't think a child should be punished immediately but told where and when to pray. Unless they do a silent prayer that doesn't disrupt anything.

When it comes to graduations and competitions, I think praying should be left out. Too many beliefs involved and someone may be offended.

Public schools are supposed to be for learning. There's a time and place for everything.

Blondie

EOG Master

You must be talking about public schools Blondie. With that said I think that there could be a compromise in which there could be separate groups in which they can worship, pray or simply get together, but not in the classroom or during school hours. That goes for all religions.

I don't think a child should be punished immediately but told where and when to pray. Unless they do a silent prayer that doesn't disrupt anything.

When it comes to graduations and competitions, I think praying should be left out. Too many beliefs involved and someone may be offended.

Public schools are supposed to be for learning. There's a time and place for everything.

Yes, I was referring to public schools.

I have to disagree with you on some aspects of this. It has been a tradition at band competitions for over 30+ years that a prayer be said before performances.

To adapt and not offend, if someone wanted to step away from the group they were welcome to. As for graduations around here, there is still a prayer said, if the class graduating votes to have one.

If there are those that wish to participate all that is asked is that they remain quiet during the prayer out of respect to those that did want to participate.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Yes, I was referring to public schools.

I have to disagree with you on some aspects of this. It has been a tradition at band competitions for over 30+ years that a prayer be said before performances.

To adapt and not offend, if someone wanted to step away from the group they were welcome to. As for graduations around here, there is still a prayer said, if the class graduating votes to have one.

If there are those that wish to participate all that is asked is that they remain quiet during the prayer out of respect to those that did want to participate.

That what you said sounds fair

Blondie

EOG Master

So what do you think about Christmas or Easter parties in the classroom?

I will start off by saying that I do believe firmly in keeping
Church and State separate.
I can't stand the Church getting into the business of the State
and vice versa. I think prayer should be allowed in school but
not mandated.
I feel that every Church should account for every penny they spend
and if they are buying private jets, fancy cars and treating the preacher
like a rock star then they should lose that tax exempt status.
These preachers are basically skipping out on paying income taxes
with all these perks.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Blondie-Where is "HERE"?? If prayer is so important to someone-wake up 5 minutes early and pray at home with your family!! Jesus said for people to pray in their closets-quietly, without offending others! I'm All for prayer-at home,on the way to or from school-at a house of worship-or silently! Why impose YOUR prayers and your God on me or my kids??Herer's my "test" to see if a person wants prayer or Christian prayer in school: The Jewish prayer of Solidarity with God is called "the Shemah"-Can we start each school day with THAT prayer-or not???

Last edited:

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

So what do you think about Christmas or Easter parties in the classroom?

Strictly on a voluntary basis.......No one should be held hostage if they don't want to be there........But if I was a kid again, the cookies, cupcakes and punch would sound good.....:+textinb3

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

What do you think of a Chanukah party or Ramadan celebration in the classroom at school, Blondie???

I think there HAS TO BE a separation between the two!! And I also think that Karl Rove's election tactics the last 8 years have STOMPED all over that separation!! David Qou's book "Tempting Faith" is a tell-all account of how those guys used religion to hi-jack this country for their own power-plays on oil and they used our country as a vehicle to do this shit!! They should be punished to the FULLEST extent the Law will allow for the way they've twisted the fragile minds of the evangelical born-again's into thinking that they are playing for their side!!

When you have what amounts to a religious state, you end up fighting Holy Wars, and those are dangerous, as people stop trying to see the common good of the World's peoples and focus only on what THEY think!!

As far as prayer in schools goes, I think that's gotten ridiculous! Kids that don't want to participate should just have the decency to back away and not participate!!

I think there HAS TO BE a separation between the two!! And I also think that Karl Rove's election tactics the last 8 years have STOMPED all over that separation!! David Qou's book "Tempting Faith" is a tell-all account of how those guys used religion to hi-jack this country for their own power-plays on oil and they used our country as a vehicle to do this shit!! They should be punished to the FULLEST extent the Law will allow for the way they've twisted the fragile minds of the evangelical born-again's into thinking that they are playing for their side!!

When you have what amounts to a religious state, you end up fighting Holy Wars, and those are dangerous, as people stop trying to see the common good of the World's peoples and focus only on what THEY think!!

As far as prayer in schools goes, I think that's gotten ridiculous! Kids that don't want to participate should just have the decency to back away and not participate!!

Whats the difference in what Rove, Robertson and those others white
preachers do vs what the black preachers like Joesph Lowery and
others do when they get up and politic in the church and in the name
of God.
I find both sides to be sad and disgusting.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Blondie-do you not see the difference in these celebrations? Christmas and Easter celebrate the birth and death/resurrection of the Jewish rabbi who became the Messiah to millions of people-now called Christians. The other holidays do NOT celebrate ,basically, the cornerstone of their religions. This is a hugh difference in scope and meaning. There is no holiday celebrated in schools for the receiving of the TEN Commandments-or to honor the birth or death of Mohammad! Big difference!

Whats the difference in what Rove, Robertson and those others white
preachers do vs what the black preachers like Joesph Lowery and
others do when they get up and politic in the church and in the name
of God.
I find both sides to be sad and disgusting.

NO DIFFERENCE!! Only thing is that Rove manages to do it successfully on a Much Grader scale in order to do dangerous things with this country under the premise that they had a Divine Mandate!!

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie-do you not see the difference in these celebrations? Christmas and Easter celebrate the birth and death/resurrection of the Jewish rabbi who became the Messiah to millions of people-now called Christians. The other holidays do NOT celebrate ,basically, the cornerstone of their religions. This is a hugh difference in scope and meaning. There is no holiday celebrated in schools for the receiving of the TEN Commandments-or to honor the birth or death of Mohammad! Big difference!

I do see your point, but at the same time, children study about wars caused over religious beliefs in school, why not teach them about the different religions as well?

I am not saying force beliefs on a child, nor am I saying that there should be religion classes, but why not teach the children more about why there are differences among the religions, how wars start over the differences, and maybe get them thinking about how to prevent it from happening in the future.....

Many stereotypes come from a simple lack of knowledge.

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

The problem I have with this is that it isn't defined. It can be used to keep children from praying over their lunch in school or used to help arguments that taxes should be raised to fund social programs.

Blondie

EOG Master

Where do you think the line should be drawn then?

What should be allowed and what should not?

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Where do you think the line should be drawn then?

What should be allowed and what should not?
I would say the government can't make a rule promoting a religious practice or prohibiting one either. That's it.

sports08

EOG Member

LOL.

In the views of multi-culturalism, it's an imperative is it not that the church stays away from the state?

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man has remained silent on this subject long enough.

The Munchkin Man supports a Constitutional Amendment to establish English as the National language as the United States.

Similarly, the Munchkin Man supports a Constitutional Amendment to establish Christianity as the National religion of the United States.

On the other hand, the Munchkin Man supports the peaceful practice of worship from those of different faiths.

In other words, the Munchkin Man does not support the compulsory or mandatory adoption of Christianity as the faith of choice for any American.

The Munchkin Man believes in the freedom of religion.

The Munchkin Man believes in the right of any American to choose the religious faith of his or choice and to practice it accordingly and peacefully.

If a person wants to worship Santa Claus as their personal Supreme Being, that person should have the right to do so.

That's what a lot of Democrats do anyway.

The Munchkin Man supports the reinstatement of the Lord's Prayer in America's public schools.

The Munchkin Man supports the right to expression of Christian prayer at any time and at any place, either public or private.

The right to express Christian prayer and worship shall not be subject to government infringement.

The right to display Christian symbols shall not be subject to government infringement.

Anybody who is of different faith, or who feels offended, is free to remain silent or leave the site where the Christian prayer or display is taking place.

If they don't like it, they can tolerate it.

If they can't tolerate it, they can leave the country.

In order to ensure that those of different religious faiths are treated fairly and equally, the Munchkin Man would like to propose the adoption of the following new Cabinet position.

The Department of Religion.

The Munchkin Man herewith nominates the good Reverend Pat Robertson as Secretary.

God Bless America!

AMEN!

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

There is no holiday celebrated in schools for the receiving of the TEN Commandments-or to honor the birth or death of Mohammad! Big difference!

The Munchkin Man opposes any holiday celebration in any public school for the worship of Mohammad.

History has shown that he was a pedophile.

Munchkin Man

Good luck with all that "Constitutional Amendment" fantasy talk. There's a reason that Constitutional Amendments are so difficult. Also, thankfully, the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution aren't subject to majority votes. Thus, one cannot use the machinery of the government to impose anyone's version of religion on others--which included schools. This fact being true, it doesn't matter what the majority of the school administrators, parents or students want to worship. They are free to worship any way they want to before, during and after school or school-related events, but CANNOT use the governmental apparatus to give the official imprimatur of a preferred religion.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

I guess no Christian priests have proven to be pedophiles-in courts of law???? LMAO, MUNCHY-a BAD subject to bring up for your side!! How many millions have been paid to victims of these predatory "fine Christian gentlemen" that could have gone to help their parish members??? We KNOW these facts to be true,MUNCHY-what is your proof Mohammad was a pedophile??? He may have been-but what is your PROOF???(THIS OUGHT TO BE GOOD-ANOTHER CHRISTIAN FAIRY TALE ON ITS WAY??) LMAO!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

MUNCHY-how many Democrats you know-if you even know any-worship Santa Claus?? Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how so many people believe a Jewish rabbi-Jesus of Nazareth-became the Messiah to so many people-and why they are not Jewish-since Jesus preched the Old Testament-the New Testament was NOT written until 80-120 years AFTER the Romans crucified him! He also preached the Ten Commandments! As you attend Sunday School AND Church-perhaps ypu might ask your priest these questions-before making a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have here today!! Isn't it true, Munchy, that Christianity is really "Judaism Lite"-with some extra fairy tales thrown in for good measure to control people-and nothing more???Aren't ALL religions geared that way??? I didn't want you to think I'm Anti-Christian-instead, I'm more agnostic the more I inform myself about life! Everyone surely can believe what they prefer-but belief and facts-scientific facts-are separate things!!! Most people NEED to believe in something-anything-to get by in life-that's fine! I find these "religious stories" yes -even the Jewish ones-generally as Grimm Brother's fairy tales-entertaining-and something to think about from time to time! Have a Blessed Day!!

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

I guess no Christian priests have proven to be pedophiles-in courts of law???? LMAO, MUNCHY-a BAD subject to bring up for your side!! How many millions have been paid to victims of these predatory "fine Christian gentlemen" that could have gone to help their parish members???

The Munchkin Man condemns and denounces anybody of any religious faith who has taken indecent liberties of a child.

To the Munchkin Man's knowledge, none of these priests have ever had a school holiday celebration in their honor in the United States.

The Munchkin Man hopes and prays it stays that way.

MUNCHY-what is your proof Mohammad was a pedophile??? He may have been-but what is your PROOF???(THIS OUGHT TO BE GOOD-ANOTHER CHRISTIAN FAIRY TALE ON ITS WAY??) LMAO!!!

Do your own historical research and find out for yourself.

The Munchkin Man wil help get you started:

Muhammed - The Pedophile

The Munchkin Man started to cut and paste a few excerpts until the Munchkin Man began to feel nauseated.

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

MUNCHY-how many Democrats you know-if you even know any-worship Santa Claus??

The Munchkin Man was using Santa Claus as a metaphor to represent the Big Government they worship, in hopes that it will solve all of their problems and absolve them of the task of taking personal responsibility for their own lives, as well as give them all the handouts their lazy butts and bleeding hearts desire.

Munchkin Man

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

BUT, MUNCHY....didn't your Messiah,the Jewish rabbi, Jesus, teach tolerance, care for the elderly and sick and poor,etc....or is THAT the part of Christianity you conveniently leave out of your closed-minded life??? Are you a "cafeteria Christian" ...choosing only the parts that suit your intolerant self??? And...did you ask your priest why you're not Jewish-since Jesus taught ONLY from the Old Testament,accepted the 10 Commandments, and belived in the Jewish God???(NEW TESTAMENT written 80-120 years AFTER the Romans Crucified Jesus)-more wives' tales!!!?????

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

BUT, MUNCHY....didn't your Messiah,the Jewish rabbi, Jesus, teach tolerance, care for the elderly and sick and poor,etc....or is THAT the part of Christianity you conveniently leave out of your closed-minded life??? Are you a "cafeteria Christian" ...choosing only the parts that suit your intolerant self???

Greetings HotShotHarvey:

Ah!

But the Munchkin Man DOES care for elderly and the sick and the poor.

The Munchkin Man specializes in the care and treatment of one very particular and insidious disease.

The disease of liberalism.

Liberalism is a sickness.

It is a disorder.

It is a mental disorder.

Check out the following:

Top shrink concludes liberals clinically nuts

And this:

Amazon.com: Liberalism is a Mental Disorder: Savage Solutions: Michael Savage: Books

The Munchkin Man seeks to treat those who are afflicted with the disease of liberalism by preaching the gospel of George W. Bush.

This takes great compassion and patience on the Munchkin Man's part.

The Munchkin Man gives an elderly blind woman who is on welfare a ride to her doctor every week. The Munchkin Man also gives her a ride home.

In addition to her blindness and various other disorders, she too suffers from the disease of liberalism.

The Munchkin Man witnesses to her during every single ride.

The Munchkin Man also makes her listen to Rush Limbaugh on the ride home.

At first, she used to complain.

Lately, she has stopped complaining and is listening more.

The Munchkin Man has planted a seed, and the seed is beginning to grow.

The Munchkin Man is going to keep nourishing that seed to a full state of fruition and healing.

For the healing of a liberal is a beautiful event to behold.

With Blessings,

Munchkin Man

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Thanks for scrubbing the hard questions for MUNCHY! That Fascist, Hoffa , must be at the controls filtering out the tough questions-huh Hoffa??? What a joke! LMAO at EOG!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Nice work Jimmy-you must think this is Cuba!! You stink like bad feta cheese!! LMAO-at you!! Shrink should stop overpaying you the $4.50/hour-and clean EOG up by getting rid of you!! A real freedom-loving right-wing fascist!! Nice Jimmy!!! Shame on you!!!