What was the one most useless

Re: What was the one most useless

I don't think I ever had a "uesless" subject in either high school or college. I've found some sort of use for all of them.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Phys Ed. Hands down.

for you maybe.... since your in good shape and all that. However.... in todays world with the large amount of Obesity in kids and its increasing year and year P.E. just might be the most important class out there. It is truly sad seeing some of these overweight kids today. I just heard on the radio the other day that for the first year in many many years the average age life expectancy went down instead of up. Obesity is overtaking the U.S. at an alarming rate and I believe is now the #1 cause of death. If its not #1 its #2

5 star bomb

EOG Master

For me personally High School Math was the most useless subject. I dont need to know Geometry or Alg 2 or any of that shit. It is pointless

Blondie

EOG Master

Can't really say I had any useless classes, I had some that were EXTREMELY easy to the point of being boring, but they were still useful...

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

For me personally High School Math was the most useless subject. I dont need to know Geometry or Alg 2 or any of that shit. It is pointless

I don't know how you could rate math as useless but whatever you like. For me the most useless class was greek mythology, a required course for me in the 10th grade.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I don't know how you could rate math as useless but whatever you like. For me the most useless class was greek mythology, a required course for me in the 10th grade.

3 x Z x T = ___________ I will NEVER need that shit in my everyday life..... fucking useless

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Drama for the fine arts requirement in HS. Although it has come in handy around here, lately.

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

3 x Z x T = ___________ I will NEVER need that shit in my everyday life..... fucking useless

So when at the grocery store with a $20 bill in your pocket and you need 3 frozen pizzas at $6.50 a piece with a sales tax of 5% will have no effect on you until you get to the register.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

The "Philosophy of the light bulb" was the most useless college course I was in by far. 2nd was "Sociology of Sport" but this was because of the professor and not the content, I believe.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

So when at the grocery store with a $20 bill in your pocket and you need 3 frozen pizzas at $6.50 a piece with a sales tax of 5% will have no effect on you until you get to the register.

I said HIGH SCHOOL MATH... Like Geometry,
Trig, Calculus.... etc

I know simple math like you suggested is important in everyday life but even that is easy as hell and is more common sense than anything.

for you maybe.... since your in good shape and all that. However.... in todays world with the large amount of Obesity in kids and its increasing year and year P.E. just might be the most important class out there. It is truly sad seeing some of these overweight kids today. I just heard on the radio the other day that for the first year in many many years the average age life expectancy went down instead of up. Obesity is overtaking the U.S. at an alarming rate and I believe is now the #1 cause of death. If its not #1 its #2

Very true, 5 Star. I was speaking for myself specifically. I just didn't understand why, when I played a varsity sport each season, I had to participate. I learned nothing in that class. However, I have found in my current job that I should have paid more attention in Algebra. So, to each his/her own. I completely agree with you on the obesity problem though. Sadly, that has to start at home. Phys Ed teachers can't do it alone. Playing softball (and by playing, I mean standing up once or twice to swing at the ball and maybe running to one base if you're luck) for a half hour a day will not get a kid in shape if he goes home to his X-Box and twinkies.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

What difference does it make for 5Star???? He ain't paying anyways, you know this.

JK 5star, I could not resist this morning.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Very true, 5 Star. I was speaking for myself specifically. I just didn't understand why, when I played a varsity sport each season, I had to participate. I learned nothing in that class. However, I have found in my current job that I should have paid more attention in Algebra. So, to each his/her own. I completely agree with you on the obesity problem though. Sadly, that has to start at home. Phys Ed teachers can't do it alone. Playing softball (and by playing, I mean standing up once or twice to swing at the ball and maybe running to one base if you're luck) for a half hour a day will not get a kid in shape if he goes home to his X-Box and twinkies.

Yea in my school if you played varsity sports they let you skip gym and take an extra study hall instead... but i liked gym so i always went anyway instead of taking an extra study hall....

:cheers

Yea in my school if you played varsity sports they let you skip gym and take an extra study hall instead... but i liked gym so i always went anyway instead of taking an extra study hall....

:cheers

See, that's exactly what I was looking for. I never got good grades in Phys Ed. My teachers said I didn't try. Damn straight I didn't. I had a three hour gymnastics practice after school, I need all my energy!

Plus, we were required to change completely. This caused a big problem when my tank top had a built in bra and I forgot to bring in a sports bra. Nothing like having to run laps in the gym with no bra to make a girl feel uncomfortable!

resort management and this poly sci course i took in college...those courses were 100% useless and just filled in credits