Notre Dame , NBC agree to 5-year deal through 2015

Re: Notre Dame , NBC agree to 5-year deal through 2015

I don't know. They only sell out every road game, and are the only team who can get a national gig on tv.

Hogan - no one cares about the SEC in the midwest and the Big 10 area. TV numbers prove that out.
Oh--OK...Well, nobody in the South watches Big Ten Football...3 yards and a cloud of dust. Let us play Ohio State in the National Championship every year and just hand the SEC the Trophy...Big Ten :finger004

NBC--bad deal, that's all you can say. SEC will outdraw ND any day any time. ND has been team and has been coach. :hangt

NBC--bad deal, that's all you can say. SEC will outdraw ND any day any time. ND has been team and has been coach. :hangt

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I don't get the fascination with ND, and why NBC wants to tie themselves to this school while ABC goes to the best games around the nation. ABC beats them hands down. I only watch NBC to see ND get another ass-kicking....that's fun! But to watch quality College Ball, it's not in ND. You'd think Ohio State, Miami, Michigan, USC would garner more interest from NBC.

Oh--OK...Well, nobody in the South watches Big Ten Football...3 yards and a cloud of dust. Let us play Ohio State in the National Championship every year and just hand the SEC the Trophy...Big Ten :finger004

And since there are more tv's in the midwest, well, you know the answer.

NoNewbieca, NBC thanks you for watching. Even the blowouts count in the ratings. Want to know why NBC doesn't get another team? They are all in conferences. What school is going to turn down an invitation to South Bend and get on National TV? Very few.

I'm fairly certain NBC has a better idea of how many viewers it will draw than you do. Sorry. : (

Apple

Banned

<TABLE class=stattable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 6, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>San Diego St. (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>3:30 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 13, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Michigan (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>3:30 pm ET LOSS

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 20, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Michigan State</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>TBA LOSS

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 27, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Purdue (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>3:30 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 4, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Stanford (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>2:30 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 11, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at North Carolina</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>TBA WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 25, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Washington (ABC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>8:00 pm ET LOSS

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 1, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Pittsburgh (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>2:30 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 8, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Boston College</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>TBA LOSS

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 15, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Navy (CBS)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>12:00 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 22, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Syracuse (NBC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>2:30 pm ET WIN

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 29, 2008</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at USC (ABC)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=2>8:00 pm ET LOSS

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7-5

Gyno - Why do you think Michigan will win in South Bend?

Actually I may go to the USC game. Weather better be warm.

Apple

Banned

I know ND will want some revenge from last season but I think Michigan will eek out a win in that one.. It's a coin flip game that will probably go down to the wire.

I know ND will want some revenge from last season but I think Michigan will eek out a win in that one.. It's a coin flip game that will probably go down to the wire.

Their offense is in the same boat as ND's was last year. Probably starting a walk-on at qb.