How long does it take t train Arabs to be soldiers??

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran
:+clueless As one who served 6 years in the Army Reserves-and was trained to be a medic-my question is: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TEACH/TRAIN AN IRAQI ARAB TO BE A COMPETENT SOLDIER?? I was trained in basic training for 8 weeks-and medic's training took 10 weeks-total time....UNDER 5 MONTHS!!!! THIS WAS ALSO UNDER WARTIME!! We'RE GOING ON 6 years in IRAQ,bro'!!! ANYONE GOT AN IDEA??? A HUNDRED YEARS????2938u4ji23 :finger004 2348ji23e

Re: How long does it take t train Arabs to be soldiers??

5 minutes -- Here is the training course.

• Strap dynamite onto chest.
  • Get close to any Christian, Jew, American or British
  • State out loud -- "ALL Praise Be To allah"
  • Push button to blow self up and kill all around you.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Thanks for your insight!!! A big help!! You racist scumbag!!!

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

As Long as it takes to get those oil leases signed.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

How long did YOU serve in the armed forces,Munchy?? Or did you have a polynidal cyst, like David Limbaugh???

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Hoffa-another big night on the town,tonight??? What a social butterfly!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Munchy and Tar....got an answer to the question,or just trading moronic comments with one another???

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

That's what I thought!!!Hoffa..how's the solataire coming along??? Got to go....on the way to South Beach!! Oh PLEASE...no post review!!! Laughable!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">allow me to intervene
i believe harvey meant why have we not trained them well yet in our techniques and how to be soldiers and protect their country...not be radical muslims blowing people up nic..

my response.....
I don't know how long it should take....I think their is a tremendous amount of difference in how they are trained and how you were trained harvey.
it is two totally different things and different states of mind.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

KTB-happy father's day......If there is a different state of mind when it comes to defending one's country from enemy take-over....then these Iraqis will NEVER be trained!!! I was trained like any army draftee-the winning and defense of America was tantamount to the training.....if the Iraqis are there for the payday, and that's it....we are ALL screwed-no matter how long we stay there!!!

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

KTB-happy father's day......If there is a different state of mind when it comes to defending one's country from enemy take-over....then these Iraqis will NEVER be trained!!! I was trained like any army draftee-the winning and defense of America was tantamount to the training.....if the Iraqis are there for the payday, and that's it....we are ALL screwed-no matter how long we stay there!!!

You can take a horse to the trough, but you can't make him drink.

Thanks for your insight!!! A big help!! You racist scumbag!!!

And you thought I was joking .... good news about the muslims though is they don't discriminate based on sex if you want to serve for the cause. Liberals should be proud of that fact alone.

Female bomber kills 16 near government complex

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!--endclickprintinclude--><!--startclickprintinclude-->
  • <LI class=cnnHiliteHeader _extended="true">Story Highlights<!-- google_ad_section_start --> <LI _extended="true">Attack took place on a street authorities had sealed off last week
    <LI _extended="true">Police officers, women, children among casualties, officials say
    <LI _extended="true">Authorities say women are increasingly offering themselves up for suicide missions
    <LI _extended="true">Officials: Al Qaeda preys on women who are illiterate, religious, in financial straits
    <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!--startclickprintexclude-->
  • Next Article in World ?
<!--endclickprintinclude-->

<!-- google_ad_section_start --><!-- CONTENT --><!-- REAP --><!-- PURGE --><!-- KEEP --><!--startclickprintinclude--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript _extended="true">var clickExpire = "-1";</SCRIPT><!--startclickprintexclude--><!--endclickprintexclude--><!--startclickprintexclude-->

<!--endclickprintexclude--><!--startclickprintexclude--><!--endclickprintexclude-->BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A female suicide bomber killed 16 people and wounded 40 Sunday when she detonated her explosives in a crowded area of central Baquba, police there said.
<!--startclickprintexclude--><!-- PURGE: /2008/WORLD/meast/06/22/iraq.main/art.female.bmb.ap.jpg --><!-- KEEP --><!----><!--===========IMAGE============--> <!--===========/IMAGE===========--> <!--===========CAPTION==========-->A woman reacts as she views the scene of a Sunday suicide bombing in Baquba.<!--===========/CAPTION=========-->

<!-- /PURGE: /2008/WORLD/meast/06/22/iraq.main/art.female.bmb.ap.jpg --><!--endclickprintexclude-->Police, women and children were among the casualties, according to the Diyala Military Operations command.
The attack happened near the main government complex in Baquba on a street that security officials had sealed off last week. Only official vehicles were being allowed in the area; civilian vehicles without special clearance were prohibited.
More than 20 female suicide bombers have carried out attacks in Iraq this year, a number much higher than in previous years. According to the U.S. military, women carried out eight bombings in 2007.
Authorities said that al Qaeda in Iraq is recruiting women and that increasing numbers of women are volunteering for missions.
The women are desperate and hopeless, officials said, and most have pre-existing ties to the insurgency. Their primary motive is revenge for a male family member killed by U.S. or Iraqi forces, the officials said.
"We do see certain members of cells attempting to persuade women -- specifically, in many cases, wives of those who have been killed as terrorists -- to conduct suicide operations," U.S. Maj. Gen. Mark Hertling said recently. His area of operations includes the volatile Diyala province.
<!--startclickprintexclude-->Don't Miss

<!--endclickprintexclude-->Hertling's troops in Diyala have launched operations targeting relatives of suspected female bombers, as they attempt to break up the rings that are recruiting the women and girls.
Intelligence gathered from detainees indicates that al Qaeda in Iraq is looking for women with three main characteristics: those who are illiterate, are deeply religious or who have financial struggles.
Women in the last category often have money problems because they've lost the male head of the household, officials said.
Females always have played a role in the insurgency in Iraq, helping feed militants, hiding them in their homes and helping sneak weapons around the country.
They have proved to be effective in their operations because women are not to be searched by men for cultural and religious reasons.

The U.S. military has created a program called the Daughters of Iraq, similar to the U.S.-backed Sons of Iraq, across the Sunni regions of the country. The Daughters of Iraq are being trained to conduct searches of women. <!--startclickprintexclude-->E-mail to a friend

Share this on:

Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon Myspace

<!-- /cnnShareThisContent -->
<!-- /cnnShareContent -->
<!-- /cnnShareBoxContent -->

| Mixx it | Share

<!--endclickprintexclude-->

mr merlin

EOG Master

Obviously it takes much longer to train arab soldiers since they have proven historically to be such miserable fighters! I assume your trying to say that after 5 years the Iraqis should be able to defend themselves? Well, it appears they are finally making some strides in that direction, I would expect that in the next year or so they will grow even more capable and we will start drawing down significant troops.

lol

Saddam should have been left in place there and these bombings would have NEVER happened

The results of the US led invasion and 5 year occupation have caused more Iraqi casualties than Saddam ever commited in Iraq.

The results of the US led invasion and 5 year occupation have caused more Iraqi casualties than Saddam ever commited in Iraq.

But, BR, the Iraqi's should be thanking us, kissing our feet, for giving them the gift of "democracy".

But, BR, the Iraqi's should be thanking us, kissing our feet, for giving them the gift of "democracy".

ya, they're blowing those feet up....hope you don't have to go back there and they bring the rest of your boys and fellow soldiers back

ya, they're blowing those feet up....hope you don't have to go back there and they bring the rest of your boys and fellow soldiers back

I've got at least 3 years left. I'm sure I'll have to make at least 2 more return trips. Thanks for the sentiments, though, BR. I appreciate it.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The results of the US led invasion and 5 year occupation have caused more Iraqi casualties than Saddam ever commited in Iraq.

THE ABSOLUTE MOST UNTRUE SENTENCE EVER TYPED ON EOG.

HAVE YOU NO BRAIN...

DID YOU EVEN SEE THE EVIL THAT THE MAN DID OR ARE YOU JUST HOPING SOME LEFTY BLOG IS TELLING YOU CORRECTLY.

HE KILLED AND DESTROYED MORE LIVES THERE THAN WE COULD IN A 100 YEAR WAR..

WHETHER YOU THINK THE WAR GOOD OR BAD AT THIS POINT....ONLY A FOOL WOULD THINK IT BETTER WITH SADDAM IN POWER:+clueless <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">The results of the US led invasion and 5 year occupation have caused more Iraqi casualties than Saddam ever commited in Iraq.

THE ABSOLUTE MOST UNTRUE SENTENCE EVER TYPED ON EOG.

HAVE YOU NO BRAIN...

DID YOU EVEN SEE THE EVIL THAT THE MAN DID OR ARE YOU JUST HOPING SOME LEFTY BLOG IS TELLING YOU CORRECTLY.

HE KILLED AND DESTROYED MORE LIVES THERE THAN WE COULD IN A 100 YEAR WAR..

WHETHER YOU THINK THE WAR GOOD OR BAD AT THIS POINT....ONLY A FOOL WOULD THINK IT BETTER WITH SADDAM IN POWER:+clueless <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Then how come the US helped put Saddam in power, KT?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">now dawg
you and I both know the answer to that question so why do you ask..
i am not doing the homework for the zillions on here that have no idea.

<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">now dawg
you and I both know the answer to that question so why do you ask..
i am not doing the homework for the zillions on here that have no idea.
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

My point is this... He wasn't such a warm and fuzzy guy, back then. How did he go from US "ally" to one of the most "evil" men on earth? Also, when did the US get in the business of removing "evil men"? And I don't care how "bad" Saddam Hussein was, his removal was not worth the life of one single US service member. Saddam was no threat to the sovereignty of the US.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Ktb-with all due respect-if we went after every evil leader like Saddam,we'd be fighting in about 50 countries now.....it would have made sense to go after one who could have caused us harm...like Iran or Saudia Arabia!! When are we going into the Dafar region of Sudan-where many more people have been slaughtered in a much shorter time than what happened in Iraq in the past 25 years???