LeBron James and Dwyane Wade set to restore USA basketball pride

(AP) -- LeBron James and Dwyane Wade cruised city streets on bicycles Saturday for charity. Soon, the NBA superstars will be touring China for gold.

James and Wade have been selected to play on the U.S. Olympic basketball team, which will be formally introduced on Monday by coach Mike Krzyzewski and USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo. The 12-man squad, which will also include NBA MVP Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd and Carmelo Anthony, will try to win a gold medal that has eluded the Americans since 1996.

This will be the second Olympics for Cleveland's James and Miami's Wade, who were on the American team that finished a disappointing third and won a bronze medal at the Athens Games in 2004.

"It's easy to focus on USA Basketball right now," James said. "We have one goal, and that's to win a gold medal. We're very excited about it. We don't worry about the rest. We worry about getting in shape and getting ready to win a gold medal, that's our only concern."

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade set to restore USA basketball pride

Koby will be the best player on this team. He will be the leading scorer too. Take it to the bank. Lets hope he is the difference that has not been there the last 5 years in which the USA has failed. Also if there is one player on the other team team that needs special defensive attention it will also be Koby. It is about time he is here. Red, white and Blue!!!

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Still ticks me off that Amare Stoudemire wimped out........

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Still ticks me off that Amare Stoudemire wimped out........

He is not the only one. Kevin Garnett would be a nice addition. How about a 7 foot athletic forward/center, that is the NBA defensive player of the year and is a great shooter for a big man?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

He is not the only one. Kevin Garnett would be a nice addition. How about a 7 foot athletic forward/center, that is the NBA defensive player of the year and is a great shooter for a big man?

Very true Tom

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Lebron is so much better than Kobe. Singlehandedly he almost beat the celtics. Kobe, with a great supporting cast, got blown out. I suspect Kobe never wins a title without Shaq.

Shaq in his prime with Lebron would have won for 8-10 years.

Sean

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Lebron is so much better than Kobe. Singlehandedly he almost beat the celtics. Kobe, with a great supporting cast, got blown out. I suspect Kobe never wins a title without Shaq.

Shaq in his prime with Lebron would have won for 8-10 years.

Sean

How the fuk did Lebron almost beat the Celtics single-handedly when he stunk 5 of the games? How did Ray Allen play in that Cleveland series? So you think Joe JOhnson of the Atlanta Hawks almost single-handedly beat the Celtics? Do you post picks? I want to put you on my fade sheet.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

id like to see duncan on there

2pac

EOG Senior Member

There is no reason the USA shouldn't run away with this tournament and win every game by 20+

We have blacks. They don't.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

There is no reason the USA shouldn't run away with this tournament and win every game by 20+

We have blacks. They don't.

Have you watched all the USA losses as of late? I guess not. The international teams play as a TEAM. We don't. They also have tremendous shooters and we don't. Much more can be said but you get the point. Forget skin color.