Ex-wrestler Luger struggles with paralysis

Lex Luger, a former pro wrestler known as "The Total Package," is now fighting to regain use of his limbs after a spinal injury. The injury -- from 30 years of football and wrestling -- struck him on a cross-country flight last fall and left him a quadriplegic.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Ex-wrestler Luger struggles with paralysis

wow, i hadnt even heard about that......one of my old time favs...

Yeah, he's in bad shape now. He use to be one of the biggest in the business but has crashed pretty hard now.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Wow, last I saw Luger was in bad enough shape financially and living with a minister...talk about spiralling! Hard to believe how far most big tiem wrestlers fall, if they live long enough.

I know a lot of fans didn't particularly care for Luger and his arrogant nature, but can't deny that he made an impact on the world of pro wrestling and was the first of the real "muscle-bound" guys we see today

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTLiQtVOGp8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTLiQtVOGp8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Devil

EOG Master

wow, i hadnt even heard about that......one of my old time favs...

FIRST I HEARD OF IT ALSO........NOT ONE OF MY FAVORITE WRESTLERS, BUT DON'T LIKE TO SEE THAT HAPPEN TO ANYONE.............

Wow, last I saw Luger was in bad enough shape financially and living with a minister...talk about spiralling! Hard to believe how far most big tiem wrestlers fall, if they live long enough.

Yeah, Jman. He found God to start giving him strength instead of drugs and started living with the minister. But things just get worse for this guy.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

It's funny to see a post at the RX only to see it here posted after the fact. It happens vice versa as well.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I still remember the incident when Lex Luger called 911 when Miss Elizabeth OD'd on drugs and died. Luger and Liz were living together at the time.

He has taken a turn for the worse. Pretty sad.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Nice to see a class act like Vince McMahan is taking care of the people that made him millions

I still remember the incident when Lex Luger called 911 when Miss Elizabeth OD'd on drugs and died. Luger and Liz were living together at the time.

He has taken a turn for the worse. Pretty sad.

That was a bad situation, Reno. And it does just keep getting worse for him.

Nice to see a class act like Vince McMahan is taking care of the people that made him millions

Actually McMahon HAS helped out quite a few guys who have been down on their luck over the years, it just doesn't get talked about much because of all the other BS he has involved himself in