Most overrated MLB team in history is.....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Most overrated MLB team in history is.....

The 1991-2005

Atlanta Braves

With the teams and pitching staffs they had to ONLY win ONE WS after winning its division 14 years in a row (although w/o the Strike in 1994 they would not have this streak - the Expos were the best team in the NL and along with The Evil Empire - the 2 best teams in MLB) is a farce - it also shows who Bobby COCKS is one of the worst and most overrated managers EVER. the ONLY WS he won was when he was matched up against a BIGGER DUNDERHEAD than him - Mike Hargrove

Deuce

EOG Addicted

Watch the Tigers. They are hot. If they keep the pace I wouldn't count them out of the playoffs.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The 1991-2005

Atlanta Braves

With the teams and pitching staffs they had to ONLY win ONE WS after winning its division 14 years in a row (although w/o the Strike in 1994 they would not have this streak - the Expos were the best team in the NL and along with The Evil Empire - the 2 best teams in MLB) is a farce - it also shows who Bobby COCKS is one of the worst and most overrated managers EVER. the ONLY WS he won was when he was matched up against a BIGGER DUNDERHEAD than him - Mike Hargrove

Is there anyway i can convince you that the Boston area sports teams are the evil empire (with the celtics and their store bought title) and not the Yankees? Cmon, let me try and convince you!:pop:

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

In what the Munchkin Man now concedes is a biased opinion, the most overrated team in major league baseball history was the Baltimore Orioles of the 1960s and the 1970s.

The Munchkin Man grew up in an area that worshipped the New York Yankees and hated the Baltimore Orioles with a holy passion.

This had a profound influence upon the Munchkin Man.

In order to remain in good standing with the Munchkin Man's peers, the Munchkin Man had to uphold the following beliefs:

***Every time Brooks Robinson fielded a ground ball in the infield and threw the runner out, it was "luck."

***Every home run ever hit by Boog Powell and Frank Robinson was "luck."

***Every game Jim Palmer as pitcher won was "luck."

***Every game the Baltimore Orioles won was "luck."

***Not one single Baltimore Oriole ever deserved to be on the American League All Star Team.

***Andy Etchebarren, as a catcher for the Baltimore Orioles, was too ugly to be allowed to play in televised games in front of little children.

***Chuck Thompson was the worst announcer in major league baseball history.

***And many others.

The Munchkin Man was in a state of nirvana when the New York Mets upset the Baltimore Orioles in the 1969 World Series.

To the Munchkin Man, this was living proof that the New York Mets had finally exposed the Baltimore Orioles as the no talent bums they truly were.

Once again, the Munchkin Man now concedes these views were biased and heavily influenced by his peers.

Nevertheless, it still gives the Munchkin Man great joy in his heart whenever he finds out the Baltimore Orioles lost their last game.

Let the Munchkin Man go check and see how the Orioles did last night.

YES!!!

The Orioles lost 3 to 2.

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

Detroit fans are not loyal like who?

How many of us suckers pack Ford Field (and Silverdome prior) to watch the Lions each weekend? Each year it is harder and harder to write the check, but still go.

In regards to the Tigers, they had to SUCK for close to 20 years before everyone stopped caring. I had season tickets thru the worst record ever.

munson15

I want winners...

Greetings:

In what the Munchkin Man now concedes is a biased opinion, the most overrated team in major league baseball history was the Baltimore Orioles of the 1960s and the 1970s.

The Munchkin Man grew up in an area that worshipped the New York Yankees and hated the Baltimore Orioles with a holy passion.

This had a profound influence upon the Munchkin Man.

In order to remain in good standing with the Munchkin Man's peers, the Munchkin Man had to uphold the following beliefs:

***Every time Brooks Robinson fielded a ground ball in the infield and threw the runner out, it was "luck."

***Every home run ever hit by Boog Powell and Frank Robinson was "luck."

***Every game Jim Palmer as pitcher won was "luck."

***Every game the Baltimore Orioles won was "luck."

***Not one single Baltimore Oriole ever deserved to be on the American League All Star Team.

***Andy Etchebarren, as a catcher for the Baltimore Orioles, was too ugly to be allowed to play in televised games in front of little children.

***Chuck Thompson was the worst announcer in major league baseball history.

***And many others.

The Munchkin Man was in a state of nirvana when the New York Mets upset the Baltimore Orioles in the 1969 World Series.

To the Munchkin Man, this was living proof that the New York Mets had finally exposed the Baltimore Orioles as the no talent bums they truly were.

Once again, the Munchkin Man now concedes these views were biased and heavily influenced by his peers.

Nevertheless, it still gives the Munchkin Man great joy in his heart whenever he finds out the Baltimore Orioles lost their last game.

Let the Munchkin Man go check and see how the Orioles did last night.

YES!!!

The Orioles lost 3 to 2.

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man
I'm a Yankee fan, and I suffered through the years you described, but I always loved Chuck Thompson as an announcer.:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Is there anyway i can convince you that the Boston area sports teams are the evil empire (with the celtics and their store bought title) and not the Yankees? Cmon, let me try and convince you!:pop:

NO - Larry Lucchino KNEW what he was talking about. Yankees and Knicks have beaten the Dodgers and Lakers in the Finals and only the Celtics did it to the Lakers so I hate NYC more. Besides - NYC believe the whole worled revolves around IT and not the other way around. NYC is one big overflowed TOILET. Notice how more people say they are FROM NYC than say they live there - for a reason. I call Detroit "Hell" and wish the State of Illinois would be NUKED off the map (If Al Qaeda could make that State disappear I'd be their biggest financial supporter) but I HATE NYC the most

Billy Walters

EOG Member

Are we talking History or current year?

History goes to the Yankees.

Most dependable fade since Casey Stengal was the Manager.

Heim

EOG Master

'69 Mets

Seaver and Koosman and a bunch of one year wonders.

Most overrated team in history...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

NO - Larry Lucchino KNEW what he was talking about. Yankees and Knicks have beaten the Dodgers and Lakers in the Finals and only the Celtics did it to the Lakers so I hate NYC more. Besides - NYC believe the whole worled revolves around IT and not the other way around. NYC is one big overflowed TOILET. Notice how more people say they are FROM NYC than say they live there - for a reason. I call Detroit "Hell" and wish the State of Illinois would be NUKED off the map (If Al Qaeda could make that State disappear I'd be their biggest financial supporter) but I HATE NYC the most

he might have known what he was talking about at the time, but when he coined that phrase, he coined it because the Yanks got Contreras and the Sox did not (even though they made a huge attempt TO get him). Then, the go out and get Dice K 'in evil empire fashion' also. Why would you think that NYC believes the whole world revolves around it? I'm sure New Yorkers would think the whole world revolves around LA if you asked them.

The term 'evil empire' was coined because one person felt that one team and one team only was spending money like drunken sailors and now that man's team is doing the same exact thing.

Him calling the Yanks the Evil Empire is like Paris Hilton calling Jessica Simpson a dumb blonde.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

No, we're talking about one team for one year.

OK - this change everything then if we are talking ONE YEAR ONLY

As a Dodgers's fan it kills me to say this - it is a TIE between 2 teams

1988 Dodgers and 2006 St Louis Cardinals

not sure which team was worse but BOTH teams will easily go down as 2 of the all-time worst ever WS Champs - although as Cubs' fans can tell you - it is much better to be the worst-ever Champs than the best NON-Champs. lean to the Cards but not by much and if you take away Orel Hershiser it would be the Dodgers

Lean to the Cards because since the 2004 WS the NL has won ONLY 4 games - the 4 the Cards won - having been swept in 2004, 2005 and 2007

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Him calling the Yanks the Evil Empire is like Paris Hilton calling Jessica Simpson a dumb blonde.

I don't believe Jessica is anywhere near as dumb as she seems to be - not by a longshot. Paris is STUPID - but Jessica is "dumb" as in "dumb like a fox! I don't think she will ever be a Rocket Scientist but I also have a really good feeling she is A LOT smarter than she acts knows her "stupid act" sells and makes her A LOT of money - as she laughs all the way to the bank!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I don't believe Jessica is anywhere near as dumb as she seems to be - not by a longshot. Paris is STUPID - but Jessica is "dumb" as in "dumb like a fox! I don't think she will ever be a Rocket Scientist but I also have a really good feeling she is A LOT smarter than she acts knows her "stupid act" sells and makes her A LOT of money - as she laughs all the way to the bank!

If she's really smart and just ACTING dumb, she's an all time great actress!