Phones use in a spa...

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted
I have had it happen to me 2 times..

Once in a sauna, a fat lady sat there on her phone for about 20 minutes talking about work.

Yesterday, a very loud lady was on her phone while we where getting pedicures. She talked for about 30 min, and then spent about 10 min returning missed calls.

How do they not know that other people do not want to listen to thier crap?

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Phones use in a spa...

Michele, just say get the fuck off the phone, I don't want to hear about your life..........

5 star bomb

EOG Master

geez isnt that a time to relax? I would be pissed if I was you. They shouldnt even be allowed to use their phones there at all

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Everyone does it, all the time, everywhere.

Another annoying thing is having to listen to other people's kids in places like bookstores......i know its not a library, but there's an unwritten rule that Borders or BN is a place that we really don't want to hear whiny kids...especially after 9pm.

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

geez isnt that a time to relax? I would be pissed if I was you. They shouldnt even be allowed to use their phones there at all
In the sauna there was, you don't want to listen to them talk, but there are also cameras on phones so it is an invasion of privacy as well.

In the nice places we go you are not allowed to use your phone in the spa area( they still do sometimes) but we had my 5 year old niece with us so we went somewhere that the pedicures for all three of us would not cost an arm and a leg! We still had to take her for ice cream and shopping!!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I think it makes people feel important/like they have friends. I was at a pro baseball game this week and the guy right next to me was on the phone the entire time talking loud. He couldn't have watched much of this game. I mean why even be there? It was pretty amazing because it was all game long. he must be REAL important. It was very distracting and annoying.

The Devil

EOG Master

I ALWAYS TURN OFF MY PHONE ON THE GOLF COURSE...NOTHING WORSE THEN A PHONE RINGING IN YOUR BACKSWING................

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

It is true every where we go those Damn phones go too WHY CANN'T SOMEONE JUST SHUT THEM OFF!!! At the Theater there is always someone with their dog gone phone ringing. I'm like you i hate it, and always turn mine off...:cheers

Maybe it is a Band out of Venice Beach, California, thyat play alternative folk rock of some kind.. Maybe...

ha ha ha...funny random story but that band contacted my bro off of myspace asking about "quebb"...i guess the band came up w/ the name through a batch of baby ducks they knew or something...their music is awful IMO by the way...

my last name is quebbeman though

WVU

EOG Master

The only phones that should be in a spa are the ones taking pictures. Same goes for hottubs. Oh and no wrinkly pruned old women either. Mrs OSU, show us what you got.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

MRSOSU - okay, you can't drop a hint about 'girls last night' thinking that way too, and not telling a little bit more.

As an aside, but something I think that you would be interested in. Here in Germany, they have spas and mineral baths where people go to soak and relax. Water of varying temperatures and soothing bubbles. Now they also at the mineralbath I went to Saturday have a sauna and steam room area. It is completely for both sexes, AND both sexes are naked. They sit on towels but otherwise are naked. There was also a nude pool area outside to sun bathe and enjoy the same mineral water outside. The restriction is 18 years and up. I can imagine MRSOSU that you would enjoy such a place (well and those around you would enjoy that you enjoy it). Anyway, I had thought that this would not fly in North America (Canada and the US) as we are too up tight. But the Germans are not fazed by this at all. Thoughts? I have little doubt that you would enjoy and thrive in such a place.

Cost was 7.80 Euro for 3.5 hours (about $11) and an extra 3.50 Euro for going into the nude area.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I don't understand why someone would use/bring their phone into the Sauna when they could drop it into the water or the steam will cause water damage

BEST way to handle someone talking on the phone near you:

Get a few feet away from them and just STARE at them. their response will usually be something like: "Excuse me I'm trying to have a private conversations" to which you reply "Well you're not - I can hear every word said and I want to take part in it, too"

USUALLY the person talking will get VERY upset and usually tell the person on the phone they have to quickly hang up because someone is being a jerk (that someone is YOU - and in reality they are being the jerk but they don't see it that way). IF they continue to talk continue getting in "their space" and staring at them and making them feel as uncomfy as possible and even tell the person wht to say to their friend and stuff like that and trust me they will hang up rather soon and get mad at you for being so rude and inpolite (when we know the opposite is true) and leave

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I don't understand why someone would use/bring their phone into the Sauna when they could drop it into the water or the steam will cause water damage

Get a few feet away from them and just STARE at them. their response will usually be something like: "Excuse me I'm trying to have a private conversations" to which you reply "Well you're not - I can hear every word said and I want to take part in it, too"

USUALLY the person talking will get VERY upset and usually tell the person on the phone they have to quickly hang up because someone is being a jerk (that someone is YOU - and in reality they are being the jerk but they don't see it that way). IF they continue to talk continue getting in "their space" and staring at them and making them feel as uncomfy as possible and even tell the person wht to say to their friend and stuff like that and trust me they will hang up rather soon and get mad at you for being so rude and inpolite (when we know the opposite is true) and leave

Just say to the person, "excuse me, do you mind"

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

I hate phones in general and I can count the minutes on one hand that I have used a cell phone in the last month. What pisses me off is at work when at a meeting with a person at their desk and the phone goes off, they answer and start talking like the phone call is more important than my visit. These are people that are under my management. I think technology has the answer for me though. I heard about a device that will jam a cell phone on the news about two months ago. Does anyone else know of this device and where can I get one? I don't care if they are illegal.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

The gym I go to does not allow cell phones, the only signs in the gym and they are all over the place.:+excited-

I can't stand it when people talk on their cell phones in public. By that I'm talking about places like waiting rooms, restaurants, etc.

If you need to take a call, fine. GO OUTSIDE! Or answer the phone and speak quietly and let them know you'll call them back.

It's always some gossiping fat lady or some wanna be big time business man and they have to talk at ten times the normal fucking call volume so everyone in the place can hear their fucking business.

The "go to hell" look sometimes works, but sometimes they aren't paying attention. If that doesn't work, I will resort to calling someone and talking REALLY REALLY LOUD and looking at the person on the phone. If that doesn't work I'll end my phone conversation by saying something like "I know I'm talking really loud but I just wanted to make sure PEOPLE AROUND ME COULD HEAR!" That usually does the trick.

Why the hell do people not consider that there are other people around them that don't want to hear their conversations?

If I was a woman at a spa, that would REALLY piss me off, especially in a damn sauna. I'd be like, "look lady, I came here to RELAX, not listen to you talk on the damn telephone. Take that shit somewhere else." It might be rude, but it is certainly not as rude as talking on the damn phone in a freaking sauna.

I would have also told the spa operator that you won't return if they're going to allow cell phone usage.

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

MRSOSU - okay, you can't drop a hint about 'girls last night' thinking that way too, and not telling a little bit more.

As an aside, but something I think that you would be interested in. Here in Germany, they have spas and mineral baths where people go to soak and relax. Water of varying temperatures and soothing bubbles. Now they also at the mineralbath I went to Saturday have a sauna and steam room area. It is completely for both sexes, AND both sexes are naked. They sit on towels but otherwise are naked. There was also a nude pool area outside to sun bathe and enjoy the same mineral water outside. The restriction is 18 years and up. I can imagine MRSOSU that you would enjoy such a place (well and those around you would enjoy that you enjoy it). Anyway, I had thought that this would not fly in North America (Canada and the US) as we are too up tight. But the Germans are not fazed by this at all. Thoughts? I have little doubt that you would enjoy and thrive in such a place.

Cost was 7.80 Euro for 3.5 hours (about $11) and an extra 3.50 Euro for going into the nude area.

And you are right, I would love a place like this. It would be very natural for me. Maybe one day we can make it out there!!

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

I love this idea!! I will try it next time. Thanks Winky!!!

Ok so what is the difference between someone talking on a cell phone and 2 people having a conversation in the same place?

I understand everyone's point about cell phones being annoying, they get to me as well. I do feel that people should follow a certain etiquette when conversing on their cell phone. For example, go outside, go into another room, etc. Personally, I never take my phone into the gym or I place it on vibrate when I am in a restaurant or in some sort of meeting.

However, is it too much to ask for you to just ignore the person on the phone and is there a difference between a person on the phone and 2 people having a conversation?

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

Ok so what is the difference between someone talking on a cell phone and 2 people having a conversation in the same place?

I understand everyone's point about cell phones being annoying, they get to me as well. I do feel that people should follow a certain etiquette when conversing on their cell phone. For example, go outside, go into another room, etc. Personally, I never take my phone into the gym or I place it on vibrate when I am in a restaurant or in some sort of meeting.

However, is it too much to ask for you to just ignore the person on the phone and is there a difference between a person on the phone and 2 people having a conversation?

Yes there is a difference. Usually people talking face to face aren't yelling.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

ha ha ha...funny random story but that band contacted my bro off of myspace asking about "quebb"...i guess the band came up w/ the name through a batch of baby ducks they knew or something...their music is awful IMO by the way...

my last name is quebbeman though
WOw what a small world.. I agree they're not that good..91023i2ndw;l

HUGE DIFFERENCE IMO...

When you have a conversation with someone present, it's not as if you have a choice to tell them to leave...

But when I am on my cell phone, it's a whole lot easier to tell the person on receiving end that I am busy and cannot talk right now without hurting their feelings...

It's also like ending an IM/PM conversation online compared to one in real life as well...

The former is much easier to do...

THE SHRINK

Because nobody wants to have to listen to a person essentially talking to himself as if he is encapsulated in some private, personal bubble oblivious to his surroundings.

Who wants to sit next to a person with Tourette's Syndrome?

Because nobody wants to have to listen to a person essentially talking to himself as if he is encapsulated in some private, personal bubble oblivious to his surroundings.

So why should the person with Tourette's be the one to have to leave or relocate? Does this person have fewer or less rights than the person that doesn't have Tourette's?

Another JJ classic. 12io4j2w90

(I have tears rolling down my face)

HUGE DIFFERENCE IMO...

When you have a conversation with someone present, it's not as if you have a choice to tell them to leave...

But when I am on my cell phone, it's a whole lot easier to tell the person on receiving end that I am busy and cannot talk right now without hurting their feelings...

It's also like ending an IM/PM conversation online compared to one in real life as well...

The former is much easier to do...

THE SHRINK

I can certainly see that I am in the minority on this question.

My point is this... if you have the ability to ignore 2 people having a conversation, why is it more difficult to ignore someone talking on a cell phone? Is it because the person talking on the cell phone is somehow "newer" and more noticeable than 2 or more people having a conversation.

Just using the locker room example; It's been my experience that men's locker rooms are quite loud. Guys jawing to each other, laughing, telling jokes. I've found that if I can ignore that, I can ignore just about anything.

As I said earlier, I dislike talking on my phone in certain situations and do my absolute best to not annoy others with my phone. However, there are going to be times when the phone can't be ignored and another location simply can't be found.