Got to admire who the Buckeyes are willing to play OOC

mofome

Banned
From 2005 to 2019 they have have signed on Texas, Texas, Washington, So. Cal, So. Cal, Miami, Miami, Cal, Cal, VT, VT, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Tennessee

They play the best of the best. I don't like the big ten, but not many teams will add these kinds of games to their schedule.

Re: Got to admire who the Buckeyes are willing to play OOC

washington, cal, and miami wouldnt be my best of the best teams...but taking texas and usc these past few years is very impressive given their team expectations those years...they split against texas but i think usc will be too much for them...who knows how good vt will be good in a couple years, when do they play them? and OU and tenn always have solid programs year in and year out...too bad they cant win a big game when it counts though!

mofome

Banned

washington, cal, and miami wouldnt be my best of the best teams...but taking texas and usc these past few years is very impressive given their team expectations those years...they split against texas but i think usc will be too much for them...who knows how good vt will be good in a couple years, when do they play them? and OU and tenn always have solid programs year in and year out...too bad they cant win a big game when it counts though!

Cal has been one of the best 2 teams in the pac-10 for a couple years, not as if they scheduled the bears just last week. Tennessee, OU, USC, Miami, and Texas all recruit as well as anyone in the Nation. VT is considered as tough a place to play as any. There is no one whos OOC schedule can compete with this.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

terrelle pryor... enough said

Illini are quickly on the rise with Zooks recruits

wiscy is good pretty much every year

Mich is always good

Cant stop the Big Ten baby 12io4j2w90

Cal has been one of the best 2 teams in the pac-10 for a couple years, not as if they scheduled the bears just last week. Tennessee, OU, USC, Miami, and Texas all recruit as well as anyone in the Nation. VT is considered as tough a place to play as any. There is no one whos OOC schedule can compete with this.

i guess that just emphasizes on how overrated i think the pac 10 is outside of usc...and the past few years miami and vt have been declining...i 100% give them credit for picking up texas, usc, ou, and tenn...they are all regulars in the top 10 polls

def agree that its an insane tough OOC schedule...havent looked into the schedule of other teams though...

mofome

Banned

Mich is always good

enough said? lol one recruit is enough said? LSU is bringing in a Kid next year that can do everything that Pryor can, its just not as big a deal in the SEC. Sure, he was a nice recruit, but its laughable to suggest that he can turn around a conference.

12io4j2w90

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

From 1980 on Miami is the best program - look at results or turn the TV on any given Sunday - these schedules aren't made when the season starts

mofome

Banned

i guess that just emphasizes on how overrated i think the pac 10 is outside of usc...and the past few years miami and vt have been declining...i 100% give them credit for picking up texas, usc, ou, and tenn...they are all regulars in the top 10 polls

def agree that its an insane tough OOC schedule...havent looked into the schedule of other teams though...

Im not sure what you mean, but Miami is recruiting at an elite level right now and VT is a favorite to win the ACC just about every year.

Mich is always good

they are too top heavy...the IU's, northwesterns, and minnesotas cant really compete against other conferences IMO...i think any team in the SEC would win 9 out of 10 times playing against these bottom feeders of the big 10...

osu is always overrated when they compete w/ the faster more athletic teams

illi will be solid this year w/ a nice young team

wisconsin always dominates the bottom teams but cant win the big games

mich is always a decent team but who knows how they will do w/ the new coach running a completely diff offense

you shouldve had psu on the list too though!

you have to say the best conference in the next 2-4 years will be either the SEC or the big 12...i feel like from top to bottom they would come out on top against the big 10

From 1980 on Miami is the best program - look at results or turn the TV on any given Sunday - these schedules aren't made when the season starts

well from 1980 to 2003 i would give it to you but its about to be the 2008 season w/ completely different players, coaches, recruiters etc...to me they are notre dame'ish these past few years pulling amazing recruiting classes but it not showing on the field...is coach shannon the answer? after their bcs championship run theyve went 11-2, 9-3, 9-3, 7-6, and 5-7 respectively...

Im not sure what you mean, but Miami is recruiting at an elite level right now and VT is a favorite to win the ACC just about every year.

okay okay ill give you vtech now that i look more into it...

ha ha i saw that just a min ago too...im saying they have the same regular season record...how many points do you get for pushes?!?!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

my good friend Mo....i tried in vain to debate this very point about OSU's scheduling last fall. you told me to go pound sand.

:LMAO

2pac

EOG Senior Member

Mofo - At least give it out both ways.

OSU has been playing a joke of a schedule for the past 15 years.

They played 2 piss poor MAC teams and usually a C-USA team, + a I-AA opponent.

The only team that consistently schedules the best of the best is ND.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

my good friend Mo....i tried in vain to debate this very point about OSU's scheduling last fall. you told me to go pound sand.

Thats because along with USC they play Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy. Incredibly tough out of conference scheduling.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

wrong wrong wrong....:finger004 other than sec versus sec no big time programs looking for games like these. And OSU is catching shit for not playing three of them in a year? Look at every big time team and show me one with no OC cupcakes.

Haters :mad:

warning to mofome and others...

If you start one more thread about the Buckeyes, I will spam this forum with ODU info, starting with season tickets... :bank:

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

wrong wrong wrong....:finger004 other than sec versus sec no big time programs looking for games like these. And OSU is catching shit for not playing three of them in a year? Look at every big time team and show me one with no OC cupcakes.

Haters :mad:

Go check USC's out of conference schedule year in and year out, the only cupcake is Notre Dame and as bad as they are they can beat Ohio and Youngstown St and play Troy tough.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

one good team non conf a year is fine but that is nothing great. OS played Texas a few years ago and that was it. Not bad mouthing it but not going overboard on it either.

mofome

Banned

Objectivity played little role in many of my arguments. hell, i argued against plenty of things i agreed with. It was a matter of how bored i was and who was online.

oij213490

mofome

Banned

And, now as 2pac and Nick have stated, OSU plays some jokes OOC. I don't recall our specific debates, but I know we've had a few decent ones. Wrigley has been in there as well.

:pop:

mofome

Banned

one good team non conf a year is fine but that is nothing great. OS played Texas a few years ago and that was it. Not bad mouthing it but not going overboard on it either.

I respect it more for what it offers than fans than anything else. OSU vs USC? OSU vs OU? I cant wait to watch these games.

:houra

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

i agree and it is no different than any other big time team. I will eat facts all day long such as 0-9 versus the SEC, but singling out OSU on scheduling is wrong.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Objectivity played little role in many of my arguments. hell, i argued against plenty of things i agreed with. It was a matter of how bored i was and who was online.

oij213490

all good. you should know I need no explanation.:cheers