Attention: Billy Walters!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
For those that do not know, Billy Walters is one of the most successful gamblers of all time. He asked in a PM if I would mind posting for the board my questions. Thanks.

1. How would you compare the gambling market today vs 10/20 years ago? Can it still be beaten today? We know the lines are tighter and some guys say you can't win??

2. Why do you wait until game day to bet? Sometimes lines change and you might lose a better number?

3. Come Football season can you give the board an occasional game or two? COme on Billy, throw us a bone?! Smile.

4. Also Billy how many sources (cappers) do you utilize for getting your games?

Thank you in advance.

Billy Walters

EOG Member
Re: Attention: Billy Walters!

For those that do not know, Billy Walters is one of the most successful gamblers of all time. He asked in a PM if I would mind posting for the board my questions. Thanks.

1. How would you compare the gambling market today vs 10/20 years ago? Can it still be beaten today? We know the lines are tighter and some guys say you can't win??

2. Why do you wait until game day to bet? Sometimes lines change and you might lose a better number?

3. Come Football season can you give the board an occasional game or two? COme on Billy, throw us a bone?! Smile.

4. Also Billy how many sources (cappers) do you utilize for getting your games?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Tom,
Your PM only included the first two questions.
I will do my best to answer them for you.

10-20 years ago was much easier due to how Vegas set their lines. We developed a computer program that told us the probable outcome. Vegas set their lines based on the money.

Considering where <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Nevada</st1> </st1:state>is located, the money came from highly populated and specific geographical locations. Namely, <st1:city w:st="on">Los Angeles</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Diego</st1:city> and <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Dallas</st1:city></st1>. As these were the people that went to <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Nevada</st1> </st1:state>to place their bets.
<st1:state w:st="on"><st1>New York</st1> </st1:state>and other heavily populated areas were also taken into consideration due to syndicate play.

Considering that most people bet with their heart, bad lines were easy to find.

Today is much more difficult. The internet has created a global market and lines are much sharper as they are now based on the probable outcome.
But as soon as I say that, I recall the Lakers were -200 vs. the Celtics to win the NBA Championship Series. So it really comes down to the same thing.
Lines are moved by large geographical locations of people betting with their hearts. Take the Yankees every game and you will lose more than the vig.

My suggestion is you should go against the public. And for more reasons than what have been covered here. During basketball and football seasons we watch line movements from every book we can see and we watch them 24/7. Most of our plays are on the dogs late and favorites early so we watch the line moves to get the best entry point. Football is a good example. We already know what we want before the opening line is posted. So the key is to see the math and then execute at precisely the correct moment.

Do not be consumed with who will win. Focus on what will win.

Hello Tom,

10-20 years ago was much easier due to how Vegas set their lines. We developed a computer program that told us the probable outcome. Vegas set their lines based on the money.

Considering where <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Nevada</ST1> </st1:state>is located, the money came from highly populated and specific geographical locations. Namely, <st1:city w:st="on">Los Angeles</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Diego</st1:city> and <ST1><st1:city w:st="on">Dallas</st1:city></ST1>. As these were the people that went to <st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Nevada</ST1> </st1:state>to place their bets.
<st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>New York</ST1> </st1:state>and other heavily populated areas were also taken into consideration due to syndicate play.

Today is much more difficult. The internet has created a global market and lines are much sharper as they are now based on the probable outcome.
But as soon as I say that, I recall the Lakers were -200 vs. the Celtics to win the NBA Championship Series. So it really comes down to the same thing.
Lines are moved by large geographical locations of people betting with their hearts. Take the Yankees every game and you will lose more than the vig.

My suggestion is you should go against the public. And for more reasons than what have been covered here. During basketball and football seasons we watch line movements from every book we can see and we watch them 24/7. Most of our plays are on the dogs late and favorites early so we watch the line moves to get the best entry point. Football is a good example. We already know what we want before the opening line is posted. So the key is to see the math and then execute at precisely the correct moment.

BW? Really? :doh1

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks for the insights, BW. Would love to hear more whenever you can.:cheers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Hello Tom,

Considering where <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Nevada</ST1> </st1:state>is located, the money came from highly populated and specific geographical locations. Namely, <st1:city w:st="on">Los Angeles</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">San Diego</st1:city> and <ST1><st1:city w:st="on">Dallas</st1:city></ST1>. As these were the people that went to <st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Nevada</ST1> </st1:state>to place their bets.
<st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>New York</ST1> </st1:state>and other heavily populated areas were also taken into consideration due to syndicate play.

Thanks Billy. Some great points for sure. I am sure a few will take notice. Sorry for the extra questions as I am a avid/degenerate gambler that loves this stuff. Can I also ask roughly how many people you have help you watching all those lines and do the math? I have always wondered that. Thanks again!

Kenny please correct me if I am wrong. You are the only person that will convince me otherwise.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I only bet games i feel are rigged. KInda like tonights whole card in the MLB. :houra some guys call this betting against the public. Guys who can see things that others can't call it corruption at the highest of levels. Kinda like insider trading. If you do not have the ability to think some of these games are rigged you will never win in the long run. If you think that Donaghy was riding alone you should quit betting tonight. Forget about teams and players and handicap the linesmakers. Just my humble opinion.

Billy Walters

EOG Member

Thanks Billy. Some great points for sure. I am sure a few will take notice. Sorry for the extra questions as I am a avid/degenerate gambler that loves this stuff. Can I also ask roughly how many people you have help you watching all those lines and do the math? I have always wondered that. Thanks again!

First thing that comes to mind is avid/degenerate gambler.

If that is how you feel then I suggest you stop gambling.
No disrespect meant.

Can still remember when I was a degenerate. Some of the best days of my life.

What you may consider is that football is less than two months away. Basketball starts shortly thereafter.

Take some time off. Relax, get to know the family again.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

First thing that comes to mind is avid/degenerate gambler.

If that is how you feel then I suggest you stop gambling.
No disrespect meant.

Can still remember when I was a degenerate. Some of the best days of my life.

What you may consider is that football is less than two months away. Basketball starts shortly thereafter.

Take some time off. Relax, get to know the family again.

I meant that in jest. I am off now until football. I like to joke, Billy. I am pretty intense and it is a lot of work but I assure you that I win more than lose or I would not do this. I already have a couple of college games circled for the first week pending the lines. I will be spending a lot of time on the beach and with the familythis summer. I have plenty of reading material/information that I read whenever I can. It is great talking with you and thanks! Now answer my USC/MIch on PM? I hear you had a big play on USC. The world was on Mich? Great call if so.

mofome

Banned

Billy, i once bet the over and the under of the same game in a 2 teamer.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1279869 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 06-23-08, 11:46 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #13 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->mofome<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1279869", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1279869 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Attention: Billy Walters!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Billy, i once bet the over and the under of the same game in a 2 teamer.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Billy,

As you can see, some of us here could use your expertise.