OSU vs Mich -- Auburn vs Bama -- or OU vs TX

Re: OSU vs Mich -- Auburn vs Bama -- or OU vs TX

ESPN page 2 did a bracket on these and Mich-OSU beat Navy -Army in the final.
:cheers
ESPN.com - Page2 - Sworn enemies: Vote for best rivalry
The winner? Ohio State vs. Michigan -- playing their 100th game this year -- beat out Army vs. Navy as the best rivalry. Click on each matchup to see the results of the voting and read some of the great stories from each rivalry.

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#666666 colSpan=4>BRACKETMANIA! COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S BEST RIVALRY</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>First round</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Quarterfinals</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Semifinals</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Championship</TD></TR>
<TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(1) Ohio State/Michigan</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(16) Colorado/Nebraska</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(1) Ohio State/Michigan</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(8) USC/UCLA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=4><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(1) Ohio State/Michigan</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(5) Texas/Oklahoma</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>
<TD rowSpan=4><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(1) Michigan/Ohio State</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>

</TR>
<TR><TD width=120><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(8) USC/UCLA</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(9) Grambling/Southern</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR><TD width=120><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(4) Cal/Stanford</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(13) Ole Miss/Mississippi St.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(13) Ole Miss/Mississippi St.</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(5) Texas/Oklahoma</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(5) Oklahoma/Texas</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(12) Pittsburgh/West Virginia</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>

</TBODY></TABLE><!-- END BRACKET -->

<!-- BEGIN BRACKET --><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#666666 colSpan=4>BRACKETMANIA! COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S BEST RIVALRY</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>First round</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Quarterfinals</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Semifinals</TD><TD align=middle width=120 bgColor=#666666>Championship</TD></TR>
<TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(3) Army/Navy</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(14) Amherst/Williams</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(3) Army/Navy</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(11) Miami/Florida State</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=4><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(3) Army/Navy</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(2) Auburn/Alabama</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>
<TD rowSpan=4><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(3) Army/Navy</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>

</TR>
<TR><TD width=120><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(6) Harvard/Yale</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(11) Miami/Florida State</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR><TD width=120><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(7) Florida/Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(10) Clemson/South Carolina</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD rowSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(7) Florida/Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(2) Auburn/Alabama</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(2) Auburn/Alabama</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>(15) Washington/Washington St.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>

</TBODY></TABLE><!-- END BRACKET -->

mofome

Banned

army/navy is the best for purposes of tradition, but thats not the best football.

Wrigs, how many times did you vote?

:+whipping

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Best NCAAF rivalry of the 3?

Aub - bama for my money.

not even close homie - u nailed it; the big10 guys keep getting their ass kicked by the SEC, and still don't get it

The Iron Bowl, HANDS DOWN... Unless you have lived in the state, you simply don't understand what happens. We jaw at each other ALL YEAR LONG, right up until kick-off. During the game the entire state stops. If it is a "mixed marriage" (one Bama fan, and one Aub) they may not speak to each other all day long. Nothing compares to this game.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

The Iron Bowl, HANDS DOWN... Unless you have lived in the state, you simply don't understand what happens. We jaw at each other ALL YEAR LONG, right up until kick-off. During the game the entire state stops. If it is a "mixed marriage" (one Bama fan, and one Aub) they may not speak to each other all day long. Nothing compares to this game.

:cheers

If you have never been to the Red River Rivalry then you couldnt be a biased voter. I dont see how it could get much bigger.

mofome

Banned

aub/bama running away with it. well, from what i can see.

:pop:

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I have been to the Iron Bowl, I have been to tOSU at night, but not against Michigan. Most people I would think would say the tOSU v. Mich, but the thing that has TX/OU the top for me is the setting, the state fair, equal distance between schools, stadium split 50/50. It is unbelievable, just wish UT would start winning more of them lately.

I have been to the Iron Bowl, I have been to tOSU at night, but not against Michigan. Most people I would think would say the tOSU v. Mich, but the thing that has TX/OU the top for me is the setting, the state fair, equal distance between schools, stadium split 50/50. It is unbelievable, just wish UT would start winning more of them lately.

ill second that one...have to love the midfield split of burnt orange and crimson!

Apple

Banned

OU/TX

Only saying this cause I personally know fans from both regions and they fucking hate each other..

Apple

Banned

Even my mom (who was born in TX) talks shit about OK..

royboy

EOG Dedicated

OU/TX

Only saying this cause I personally know fans from both regions and they fucking hate each other..

this is true, fuck the shorthorns... plan on making my 5th trip down for this years game, the atmosphere friday night then saturday at the game is unreal... red river rivalry ftw

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Going to be my 14th straight, and I love it. And Royboy, I will be looking for you, hahah.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Going to be my 14th straight, and I love it. And Royboy, I will be looking for you, hahah.

:cheers i'll be the big drunk guy yelling texas sucks friday night on the west end in dallas... that should narrow it down for ya 12io4j2w90

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

i'll be the big drunk guy yelling texas sucks friday night on the west end in dallas... that should narrow it down for ya

Awesome, there is a reason I never go to the west end on Friday, because of you, you were the one causing all of the trouble. Where do you park your RV, I mean home?

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I love it Roy, now we may actually have to meet there, and have a drink, just for fun.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

I love it Roy, now we may actually have to meet there, and have a drink, just for fun.

sounds good, pm me when it rolls around in early oct and we'll see if we can set something up... hope both teams are undefeated, nothing better when both come into the game in the top 10.

Deuce

EOG Addicted

not even close homie - u nailed it; the big10 guys keep getting their ass kicked by the SEC, and still don't get it

Right right, Tebow held up so well last year against Michigan, that woahful team that lost to D1-AA school. Sheesh.

Not even close here...

Mich/OSU

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Aub/Bama - couples stay married because they don't want to run the risk of losing their precious game tix to their spouse in the settlement

But having said that one of the meanest, nastiest and most bitter rivalries doesn't get as much publicity as the rest but among T10 nasty rivalries it does rank up there

The Civil War: Oregon and Oregon State

the game frequently is for a bowl game for the winner and no bowl game for the loser - or at least used to be. the weather is usually somewhat nasty as well and the hatred between the 2 schools is unmatched by many others. because of where the schools are located it doesn't get as much media attention but it is every bit the rivalry as Michigan/F(b)uckeyes is

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

The civil war is a great game, I went a couple of years ago, it is awesome. I don't think that it touches the others, but I do agree, it is up there, amazing atmosphere.

Has to be the Iron Bowl. The series got so bad the schools stopped playing each other and it required passing an act of Congress (ok...the state legislature) to make them resume. The hostory of the rivalry is taught to the young. Little Bama kids get mad if you look at them and say "Punt, Bama, Punt" even though that game took place in the 70s.

mofome

Banned

Has to be the Iron Bowl. The series got so bad the schools stopped playing each other and it required passing an act of Congress (ok...the state legislature) to make them resume. The hostory of the rivalry is taught to the young. Little Bama kids get mad if you look at them and say "Punt, Bama, Punt" even though that game took place in the 70s.

What would make it a better rivalry is a Bama victory or 2.

:pop:

sounds good, pm me when it rolls around in early oct and we'll see if we can set something up... hope both teams are undefeated, nothing better when both come into the game in the top 10.

Let me know, haven't missed the game since 99.

In my opinion, back a few years it was
OU vs Nebraska as a bigger rivalry game than TX
The SEC is so strong many of the games are becoming huge rivalries like TN/FL

But regardless of what happens Michigan/OSU is always crazy. It ranks as #1 for a reason.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Da Man, I hear you, in the 90's, Texas and OU sucked, but that was a rare time for both schools. And now they are both back, and going after it. I love it. If you want a ticket, let me know, and you will see Mich/tOSU is not all that, only for the fact of of the neutral stadium.

Deuce

EOG Addicted

Da Man, I hear you, in the 90's, Texas and OU sucked, but that was a rare time for both schools. And now they are both back, and going after it. I love it. If you want a ticket, let me know, and you will see Mich/tOSU is not all that, only for the fact of of the neutral stadium.

::LMAO::

Are you serious? Sport, have you ever been to either stadium and witnessed the mayhem? It's unreal.