Do you still buy/read the newspaper?

Apple

Banned
Just curious to know if anyone here still reads the actual newspaper anymore. Or has the newspaper become obsolete?

:pop:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Do you still buy/read the newspaper?

Sometimes i'll pick up the wall st journal and go get a coffee and watch the pretty girls walk by while sitting on the patio at starbucks or wherever.

most times i save the money and just find news online.

I'll pick up the Sunday paper every once in a while for the ads if me and the wife plan on doing any major shopping that week

Journeyman

EOG Master

no

I remember the first time I read the sports page online and was stunned the news from today was posted!

Apple

Banned

I'll pick up the Sunday paper every once in a while for the ads if me and the wife plan on doing any major shopping that week

Pretty good coupons in the Sunday Paper.. :cheers

The only one I read regularly is the TBT (Tampa Bay Times) because it's free and has everything I want to read.

Google News is the best thing on the net, IMHO.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

good point, that is the only time i would get the paper also

12io4j2w90

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

Wow. I am surprised that I am in the minority. I religiously read the paper every morning--sometimes I am standing in the driveway waiting for the guy to toss it. I jump online right after that, but I still can't imagine life without a physical newspaper.

I live in the Tampa area and I usually pick up the TBT when I get coffee and flip through it on my desk during the day. It's like an outline of a regular paper.

Blondie

EOG Master

Yes we actually have two papers. The local one that is twice a week and a neighboring town's that is daily.

WVU

EOG Master

Broward Sun Sentinel. I read it every day. Sometimes I read a couple of them in one day if I missed a day.

I do if one happens to be laying around but I never seen to bother buying them anymore. Maybe during football, I'll at least buy Friday's USA Today or something, but that's about it.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

I'd be pretty lost without them. I get 2 delivered per day and catch a couple of other rags once per week and I also get a bunch of my old hometown papers sometimes. And a Wall Street Journal every oce in awhile. Throw ina couple of trade newspapers a week, too. I usually have at least one read before I leave thew house in the morning. I've read at least two papers per day
I love the portability, to the can, with me to lunch, at the park , waiting in a take out line in my car, or just having a lazy late Sunday morning in bed or just to read wherever & whenever I choose. It's alot easier to save something from the actual paper than it is to download & print it, too.
My wife loves the coupons, they almost pay for the paper in themselves, she says.