Rethinking The Daily EOG Contests

EOG, and especially Mofome, is doing a great job generating poster interest and participation on the site with these contests. Grading all you guys (and gals) picks everyday is a beating. But he's up to it.

I know it's just for fun, and I'm all in favor of promoting that.

But 8-team parlays to win $100? Is that worth the trouble of posting or even bother grading?

To win $100 on an 8-team parlay with each leg at -110, do you know what you have to bet?

Fifty-seven cents.

Keep the contests. Keep the $100 prize. But make the chance of someone's winning at least worth the work of posting and grading.

mofome

Banned
Re: Rethinking The Daily EOG Contests

if there is only a w/l record, grading takes just a few seconds. some of the other contests take a bit more time. im sure there are plenty of good ideas out there, but im not sure how much money we have to give in addition to what is already in the works. I know we have 1K in the summer tourney, $300 in the NCAAF contest, $50 in survivor, $50 in the head to head, we have an NBA draft contest, an NFL contest coming up, and hopefully the NFL KOH. Its nice if the contests are hard to win, fairly simple, fairly interesting, and not too hard to grade. Need more ideas.

:cheers

Mofome,

Nobody is asking for more money. $100 is fine. Winning is more fun than money. We like playing.

Just adjust the bets to allow for a reasonable chance of winning.

Otherwise, you are just going to be grading lottery tickets every day..

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Jeff Jones just likes to

<TABLE class=imagetable width=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mofome

Banned

Mofome,

Nobody is asking for more money. $100 is fine. Winning is more fun than money. We like playing.

Just adjust the bets to allow for a reasonable chance of winning.

Otherwise, you are just going to be grading lottery tickets every day..

Well the 100$ contests are my money and im probably in the bottom 2% here in terms of excess finances. I'm like to give people the chance to win, but I can't have people winning daily. It would be nice if we could set something up with a book or if i can talk with Ken about some more funding options.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

IMO it is a lot of fun.. Thanks Mo :cheers Jeff is right you're doing a great job.

mofome

Banned

I didn't realize it's your money.

Keep plugging.

12io4j2w90

Ken is posting up the money for the big ones, the survivor, 100$ contest, and head to head thing are my money. im lucky to be able to make some money because of the site, so giving some back is pretty fun to me, but i cant do it as often as i would like. i already pay 1800/month for two places that i dont even live in (long story) so im rarely in a position to truly give a lot away. However, there is absolutely nothing in the world that is better than giving and seeing people enjoy themselves. More ideas for more contests is something im always welcome to. I just want to get to football season.

You're paying for three living places?

No man does that until after the third wife.

mofome

Banned

You're paying for three living places?

No man does that until after the third wife.

Na. Had to break a lease in texas to move home to help with the fam. have to give my parents money so they can keep their retirement home because they cant get it rented. i live with mom and dad as a 28 year old heterosexual male. makes the social life difficult, but its well worth it when you are able to help out the family.

12io4j2w90

12io4j2w90

Ken is posting up the money for the big ones, the survivor, 100$ contest, and head to head thing are my money. im lucky to be able to make some money because of the site, so giving some back is pretty fun to me, but i cant do it as often as i would like. i already pay 1800/month for two places that i dont even live in (long story) so im rarely in a position to truly give a lot away. However, there is absolutely nothing in the world that is better than giving and seeing people enjoy themselves. More ideas for more contests is something im always welcome to. I just want to get to football season.

Mofome,

If iI win any of your contests, put the money toward another contest.

But if I win one of those Weitzner guy's contests, I want it sent overnight in small bills.

waltercarling3

EOG Enthusiast

i live with mommy and daddy too moefome but i am not as old as you i am 25. but we seem a lot alike and maybe we can shoot shit and talk sports. do you like star trek and disco too. that would be neato. although i am afraid to meet other people. i am agoraphobic and get panic attacks.