3. Braylon Edwards
4. Chad Johnson
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Andre Johnson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Steve Smith
9. T.J. Whose yo momma
10. Torry Holt

On the bubble: Plaxico Burress, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans

QB's coming tomorrow... 12io4j2w90

Re: MY NFL WR POWER RANKINGS (Top 10)

Both Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald are better than Chad Johnson. Chad Johnson isn't even the best WR on his own team.

How these lists do not contain Hines Ward is a mystery to me. Jealous haters.

Not really. Hines Ward is a very good possession receiver in a run first offense. He's steady, but not spectacular nor is he the game breaker that this list contains.

Personally I like Ward and I wish the Cowboys had a receiver like him. I've never seen a player, much less a receiver, that enjoyed and relished blocking and hitting defenders like Ward does.

Not really. Hines Ward is a very good possession receiver in a run first offense. He's steady, but not spectacular nor is he the game breaker that this list contains.

Personally I like Ward and I wish the Cowboys had a receiver like him. I've never seen a player, much less a receiver, that enjoyed and relished blocking and hitting defenders like Ward does.
I'll take him, his attitude toward the game, his physicalness and his receiving skills over anyone on any team or any one on these lists. He's a playmaker in more ways than just one. Opening the C-gap for a runner is just as important as making a spectacular catch any day.

I'll take him, his attitude toward the game, his physicalness and his receiving skills over anyone on any team or any one on these lists. He's a playmaker in more ways than just one. Opening the C-gap for a runner is just as important as making a spectacular catch any day.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Hines Ward. I feel that it is spot on and Ward contributes to his team's success in a myriad of ways that the other WR's on the list do not.

Had Ward played in another system, say that of Indianapolis or St. Louis, he would EASILY make any one's top 10 list. Playing in Pittsburgh has hurt him.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Hines Ward. I feel that it is spot on and Ward contributes to his team's success in a myriad of ways that the other WR's on the list do not.

Had Ward played in another system, say that of Indianapolis or St. Louis, he would EASILY make any one's top 10 list. Playing in Pittsburgh has hurt him.
He's got a SB ring playing in Pittsburgh - that never hurts. ;)

Trent Dilfer has one as well... any chance he makes the top 10 QB's of all time?

Hell no. Trent Dilfer is the worst all-time QB to ever take the SB stage. What freaking joke - the D of Balt. gave him that ring on a silver platter.

Hell no. Trent Dilfer is the worst all-time QB to ever take the SB stage. What freaking joke - the D of Balt. gave him that ring on a silver platter.

I agree with you. So with that said, we can't promote Hines Ward based upon his team winning a Super Bowl.

I was being sarcastic. I do that sometimes :)

I understand. I also admire your passion for a very good player on your team. However, I think a little more objectivity on your part would bring you to the conclusion that Ward isn't a current top 10 receiver.

That's all very sweet, of course, But the important point is that I have to choose between keeping T.O. or Tom Brady on my EOG keeper-league fantasy football team. . . .:+clueless:+clueless:+clueless:mad:

I understand. I also admire your passion for a very good player on your team. However, I think a little more objectivity on your part would bring you to the conclusion that Ward isn't a current top 10 receiver.
As I said, it depends on how you feel a top-10 guy should play the position. Objectively, offered an WRs mentioned in this thread, I'd take Ward simply for his passion, no-quit attitude and willingness to give up his body for the game. You can't get better than that, IMO.

That's all very sweet, of course, But the important point is that I have to choose between keeping T.O. or Tom Brady on my EOG keeper-league fantasy football team. . . .:+clueless:+clueless:+clueless:mad:

I'd almost say to keep T.O., strangely. Brady just gave me the "I'm over it" impression during the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be the least surprised to see him have a less than stellar season.

As I said, it depends on how you feel a top-10 guy should play the position. Objectively, offered an WRs mentioned in this thread, I'd take Ward simply for his passion, no-quit attitude and willingness to give up his body for the game. You can't get better than that, IMO.

To a point I agree with you, however, if I'm making up an offense, I simply won't consider Hines Ward over any of the players mentioned by 5 Star.

Hines Ward lining up at Wide Receiver isn't going to strike fear into the safeties, allowing them to cheat up and play the run more.

To a point I agree with you, however, if I'm making up an offense, I simply won't consider Hines Ward over any of the players mentioned by 5 Star.

Hines Ward lining up at Wide Receiver isn't going to strike fear into the safeties, allowing them to cheat up and play the run more.

And if I'm making up an offense, he's one of the first guys I choose. Ward strikes fear in all defenses because of the type of player he is - well-respected for his myriad of skills. Oh, and he's caught a ball or two, also. ;)

It's not that I don't get your point - moss had 23 TDs last season and that isn't the type of player that Ward is; however, I'll take a Ward over a Moss as a team player any day. But, that's just me.

Journeyman

EOG Master

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Chad Johnson
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Andre Johnson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Steve Smith
9. T.J. Whose yo momma
10. Torry Holt

On the bubble: Plaxico Burress, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans

QB's coming tomorrow... 12io4j2w90

Did Marvin Harrison pass away, no mention at all? Steve Smith was arguably the best player in football not long ago. ...

Amazing how quickly things changed in this league.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Chad Johnson isn't even the best WR on his own team.

i know it's easy to hate the guy because of his antics, but this really isn't close to being true imo... tj nowhere near the deep threat johnson is

5 star bomb

EOG Master

steve smith is at least a top 5 wr...

yeah he can be maybe with a qb... i dont know though, the top 5 guys on my list can go up and get the ball out of the air. Something Steve Smith doesnt do. Steve is fast, strong, good routes, tough call

yeah he can be maybe with a qb... i dont know though, the top 5 guys on my list can go up and get the ball out of the air. Something Steve Smith doesnt do. Steve is fast, strong, good routes, tough call

ha ha ha you are joking me man...smith may be short but that boy goes up w/ the best of them...he has to have at least a 38-40" vert...just look at his calves...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

ha ha ha you are joking me man...smith may be short but that boy goes up w/ the best of them...he has to have at least a 38-40" vert...just look at his calves...

yeah hes strong as hell..... but still he cant go up and get it like fitz, moss, chad, braylon, etc..... he just doesnt have the height. He is a great wr though no doubt

Apple

Banned

Burress is at least top 7 WR IMO..

Smith is at least top 6

Replace Chad Johnson and Wayne with Burress and Smith and this is a solid list IMO..

but on a serious note i think marvin harrison and chad johson have the best field awareness around the lines...they drop their toes like crazy

Smith is at least top 6

Replace Chad Johnson and Wayne with Burress and Smith and this is a solid list IMO..

pushing johnson out of the top 5 is a stretch...burress to me just doesnt have that IT factor my top 5 have...

yeah...height is big in the redzone so i put that in to consideration w/ players like moss, TO, burress, fitz, edwards, williams, etc...but they are all still on the field outside of the redzone too...i dont want to define the best receivers to be the tallest ones though ya know?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Smith is at least top 6

Damn you dont think Chad is top 10? I could see the argument for Wayne, but damn Chad has to be in the top 10 at least imo. Dude gets it done every week and backs up all his talk.

Apple

Banned

Chad is top 10, no question about it.. Chad is top 6-7 at least..