What was the best DRAFT DAY trade ever?

Re: What was the best DRAFT DAY trade ever?

How about Mike Ditka trading all the New Orleans Saints draft picks for a whole draft to get Ricky Williams?

:LMAO

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

how about the two that kevin mchale did, roy for foye and allen for marbury,
i see he just traded mayo for love, looks like he's going 0-3. mchale has to be the biggest moron in the nba.

seattle slew

EOG Senior Member

Not on draft day, but the Celtics traded the No. 1 pick in 1980 to Golden State for the No. 3 pick and Robert Parish. Golden State drafted Jo Barry Carroll No. 1 and the Celtics drafted Kevin McHale.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

On June 16, 1986, Katz made two of the most controversial and highly criticized personnel moves in franchise history, trading Moses Malone to Washington and the first overall pick in the 1986 NBA Draft (which had been obtained from the San Diego Clippers in a 1979 trade for Joe Bryant) to the Cleveland Cavaliers. In return, the Sixers received Roy Hinson, Jeff Ruland, and Cliff Robinson, none of whom played more than three seasons with the team. Cleveland, meanwhile, turned their acquired pick into future All-Star Brad Daugherty.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Kobe wasn't really traded....i think he specified he wanted to play for the Lakers.....so, its not like the team who traded him had a choice.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Kobe wasn't really traded....i think he specified he wanted to play for the Lakers.....so, its not like the team who traded him had a choice.

They didnt HAVE to trade for Vlade.

They didnt HAVE to draft Kobe.

Kobe went 13th, Peja 14, Nash 15, J Oneal 17.

They could have settled for Nash :)