How many professional sports gamblers are there here?

Since there are many here who aren't in the business and who don't really know anybody here, there is probably much curiosity regarding this topic. . . .:cocktail:cocktail:pop:

SSLP

EOG Senior Member
Re: How many professional sports gamblers are there here?

I dunno but that term many years ago , meant someone who did not work other than gamble .

Still does in a way but to me now it has evolved guys with days jobs but with a double life and love for a bankroll who study and revise before making bet and have a constant record.

I would like to think I fall into that category , but I have had my peaks and valleys so who knows..??

There really isnt a book on it or rules other than you just call yourself a pro gambler watch sports alot LOL

Th

Good answer. I sorta suspect that there are not many guys who's only livelihood is sports wagering; and I'm not talking about booking--I can tell from the postings here that EOG has many of that type of successful "gamblers."

panther

EOG Dedicated

many years I did not work much at all 6 months durning football

i tried it as my sole income once while living in las vegas , had to get a job in the end

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

Myself. Retired, nice pension, nice bankroll set aside for gambling. Spend a lot of time handicapping and record keeping, and am very happy doing so.

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Difficult to say because those who are best at this craft -- don't talk much about how successful they are. They stay under the radar.

"Professional Gambler" is a term that anyone can claim. There is no curriculum, no degree, no certification.

Say you are a "professional gambler," and voila, you be a professional gambler. It's kinda like "Day Trader."

I know guys in town who started with nada, and are now huge. The ones who don't make it, you never meet.

I know guys who brought a huge bankroll to town, and are now huger.

Lots of guys come to town with a big bankroll (401K, inheritance, trust fund, whatever) and churn themselves for years calling themselves a "professional gambler." With no other job, they make bets all day, so they figure they must be "professional gamblers."

Some guys get into successful non-wagering, ancillary gambling businesses and call themselves "professional gamblers."

Who even knows what the term "professional gambler" means?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

"Professional Gambler" is a term that anyone can claim. There is no curriculum, no degree, no certification.

Say you are a "professional gambler," and voila, you be a professional gambler. It's kinda like "Day Trader."

I know guys in town who started with nada, and are now huge. The ones who don't make it, you never meet.

I know guys who brought a huge bankroll to town, and are now huger.

Lots of guys come to town with a big bankroll (401K, inheritance, trust fund, whatever) and churn themselves for years calling themselves a "professional gambler." With no other job, they make bets all day, so they figure they must be "professional gamblers."

Some guys get into successful non-wagering, ancillary gambling businesses and call themselves "professional gamblers."

Who even knows what the term "professional gambler" means?

It could mean you sit on a sportsgambling website all day and make fun of all gamblers and ESPECIALLY professional gamblers all day every day, Jeff.

[/u][/b]

It could mean you sit on a sportsgambling website all day and make fun of all gamblers and ESPECIALLY professional gamblers all day every day, Jeff.

What "professional gamblers," whatever that means, am I making fun of here?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

What "professional gamblers," whatever that means, am I making fun of here?

I say you are in a close call. But no biggie. Your reputation precedes you. It is like a dead stinkin alcoholic who is stumbling but SWEARS he is sober.

[/b]

I say you are in a close call. But no biggie. Your reputation precedes you. It is like a dead stinkin alcoholic who is stumbling but SWEARS he is sober.

In other words, you couldn't answer the question.

Apple

Banned

Difficult to say because those who are best at this craft -- don't talk much about how successful they are. They stay under the radar.

Case closed, this Wise Guy is one sharp cat.. When he posts I read it

I said you were making fun of professional gamblers. Your humor Jeff shows no prejudice.

You said I was making fun of professional gamblers. I asked who. You came on and started insulting me because you had no other response.

I didn't start insulting you. You might as well be the meter reader to me.

So if I have insulted some "professional gambler" you know, let me know who it is.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

You said I was making fun of professional gamblers. I asked who. You came on and started insulting me because you had no other response.

I didn't start insulting you. You might as well be the meter reader to me.

So if I have insulted some "professional gambler," you know, let me know who it is.

You did even worse. You insulted ALL PROFESSIONAL GAMBLERS in a big way. There is a proper definition Jeff. You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you make those comparisons about us. Instead of naming a few, you insulted an entire nation. I/We expect an apology.

Apple

Banned

Tom Brady and Jeff..

Be nice to each other guys, you too have so much in common.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

It's just too stupid to continue.

OK, fair enough. I did not come back to insult you because I like you...so all I asked is for some clarification and an apology. Lets just end this. Consider it forgotten.

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Tom Brady and Jeff Jones: You guys are a hoot. I always enjoy reading your posts.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I would qualify. Only thing I have done the last 8 years.