Who laid the wood and took Pac-Man last night?

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Re: Who laid the wood and took Pac-Man last night?

Not I sir. Pac Man looked like Mayweather last night. By far his best performance as a pro.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

me but only 200. odds just priced me out of it. Watching Soto at 10 to 1 get disqualified makes me a tad careful about high lines in boxing. It wasn't as much as Pacman looking good as Diaz just sucks.

me but only 200. odds just priced me out of it. Watching Soto at 10 to 1 get disqualified makes me a tad careful about high lines in boxing. It wasn't as much as Pacman looking good as Diaz just sucks.
Horrible disqualification.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Who you think he fights next? Marquez, move up again to fight Hatton?
Both would be great, but I'm leaning towards Hatton. Hatton would be the bigger money fight and I don't know if Marquez wants to fuck with the Pac Man he watched last night.

Both would be great, but I'm leaning towards Hatton. Hatton would be the bigger money fight and I don't know if Marquez wants to fuck with the Pac Man he watched last night.
If the refs let Hatton fight it could be interesting. The way Pac-Man fought last night the only chance is to get inside.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Pac Man has already won his 4th different title as he moves up in weight maturing. He barely weighed a 100 when he started fighting. Normally boxers lose speed when gaining weight, that and/or punching power. I've followed his career very close, and he is the biggest draw and best boxer pound for pound there is out there now. Very little clinching in his fights, he just brawls. But last night was a clinic against an overmatched foe. He has beaten all of the best quality Mexican fighters there are. No one does that. What's scary is he is developing from a brawler to a boxer/brawler by working with super stud trainer Roach. He dominated every round. You know any fight he is in could be fight of the year. I seriously doubt Hatton's people want anything to do with Pac Man. Especially after this. He looked scary good.

Starting to see best pound for pound there is...

OF...:cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Way, way back very raw Manny fought this veteran brawler. Melvin Magramo. It was out in the provinces, a sweltering sweat box of a venue in Cebu. It was like a steam room. He was poorly trained and had zero defense, just a lot of courage and some skill. I cannot find any video of the fight if any exists, but to me it was almost a turning point, as many thought this was a major hurdle for the 19 year old. Had he lost this fight and been ko'd I doubt he would be where he is today.

A copy of article for that fight, not me.

It was September 13, 1997 when Manny Pacquiao made his first and only appearance in the historic Cebu Coliseum. He was one of the main draws in the now defunct weekly television boxing series ?Blow by Blow?. He was also fresh from winning the OPBF flyweight title with a fifth round one punch knockout victory over Thailand?s Chokchai Chochvivat.

Pacquiao then had yet to turn 19 years old and had a record of 20W-1L with 13 KO?s and was facing veteran Melvin Magramo, then 23-12-2 with 13 KO?s, in a ten round non-title bout. Being a die-hard boxing fan, I had to drag my father to watch this exciting young fighter with me.

The Cebu Coliseum was oven hot as usual. It was not a sell out crowd but there was excitement in the air. Cebuano fans were raring to see a brawl and they indeed got one.

Both fighters traded bombs at the onset. But Magramo used his experience and was able to absorb and soak in Pacquiao?s vaunted left. Magramo managed to crowd and hold Pacquiao and managed to dish back some of his own.

The decibel level inside the coliseum was like that of a jet-engine as the crowd screamed and cheered every blow that landed from both protagonists. Both fighters were groggy at the midway point and Pacquiao would often go the opposing corner in between rounds apparently in a daze. This elicited a collective roar from the crowd.

I remember leaping from my upper box seat enthralled by the action. Pacquiao at this point in time was very crude and threw punches from an off balanced position. He also had walked straight in and defense was just an afterthought. He certainly absorbed more than he should have during this fight.

His hand was raised in victory in the end. It was a hard earned ten round decision. There were those who doubted whether he really deserved that win. It was a very action-packed, bell-to-bell brawl. And the fans got their money?s worth which was really a preview of things to come.

I do remember what I said to my father after the fight, ?I don?t think Pacquiao will go far. He has no defense. I don?t know if he can go on fighting like this. He will burn himself out. I don?t think he will be a world champ.?

Fifteen months later Pacquiao won his first world title via a come from behind eighth round knockout victory over Thailand?s Chatchai Sasakul. The rest as they say is history.

I will always look back at that day and say that I am so glad that I was so wrong.

He had been fighting bum of the week for some time. This was his first real test. Luckily he passed it.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

I'd like to see him fight Juan Marquez,Joan Guzman,Edwin Valero,Nate Campbell or someone like that. Hatton is to damn big for Pacquiao.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I'd like to see him fight Juan Marquez,Joan Guzman,Edwin Valero,Nate Campbell or someone like that. Hatton is to damn big for Pacquiao.

And a borefest at that. Who the heck wants to see someone holding Pacman all night long like Hatton would? Plus Pac keeps climbing in weight it will eventually catch up sooner or later.