Todd Jones

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member
Re: Todd Jones

He blows the save and he is a total loser. Detroit comes back in the ninth and wins the game and Jones is still considered the failure.

Well, guess what? Welcome to major league baseball. Shit happens. How many more games has Jones come into with more than one base runner aboard and no outs and only leading by one run, only to save the Damn game. That's right, you DON'T have enough fingers and toes to count on to tally up that sum. The only problem is, is that you didn't have any cheese riding on ANY of those outcomes, because if you did, you would have been on top of Mt. St. Helens shouting what a great relief pitcher he was.

JH85

EOG Addicted

He blows the save and he is a total loser. Detroit comes back in the ninth and wins the game and Jones is still considered the failure.

Well, guess what? Welcome to major league baseball. Shit happens. How many more games has Jones come into with more than one base runner aboard and no outs and only leading by one run, only to save the Damn game. That's right, you DON'T have enough fingers and toes to count on to tally up that sum. The only problem is, is that you didn't have any cheese riding on ANY of those outcomes, because if you did, you would have been on top of Mt. St. Helens shouting what a great relief pitcher he was.

Been on quite a few blown saves over the years by Jones. I guess you have never wanted to vent after a loss?

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

How many times have you been on Jones' side when he saved your bet? I guess none seeing how I haven't seen a post out of you thanking him for a win. Nevertheless, let him lose one and the roaches start crawling out of every crack and crease to be found.

For the record, I was on Detroit today, as well as yesterday and the day before that. And to that I say; thank you Mr. Jones.

JH85

EOG Addicted

How many times have you been on Jones' side when he saved your bet? I guess none seeing how I haven't seen a post out of you thanking him for a win. Nevertheless, let him lose one and the roaches start crawling out of every crack and crease to be found.

For the record, I was on Detroit today, as well as yesterday and the day before that. And to that I say; thank you Mr. Jones.

You are right. Every time I place a bet I will sign on in here after to thank the closing pitcher for doing his job. Wait, don't want to forget the relief pitchers, oh and the starters. I couldn't leave out the hitters either and of course the managers......