BetFred Dispute with player

A punter is claiming that he has been robbed by British online gambling firm, BetFred.com
Punter Kim Gulliver expected ?100 after getting odds on a football team to be promoted. But Betfred said their cashier should not have accepted the bet.
And the gaffe turned Kim from a winner into a loser, reported the Sunday Sun.

The paper reports that Kim, of Barnard Castle, County Durham, put ?10 on Exeter to be promoted from the Blue Square Conference League.

The odds were 9-1 and the slip was written out by a cashier.

Exeter were promoted . . . but there was a hitch. Kim said: ?I went to collect my winnings and the manager said an error had been made on their part.

?It seems, if an employee of Betfred makes a mistake, it is the customer who has to pay.

?The woman who wrote out the slip accepted the bet. I am really miffed about this because I followed the team all season and was chuffed to bits when it came up.?

BetFred spokesperson, Dave Metcalf, said the odds were supposed to be on Exeter winning their league outright, not vice versa.

He said: ?At the time we did not offer odds on Exeter to be promoted. The bet has been taken in error. In normal situations when human error is concerned, the bet is void and the customer gets their money back.

?In this case, we have offered a quarter of the winnings Mrs Gulliver would have received if the bet was valid.?

Kim was not impressed, however.
BetFred is named after its characterful Northern England frontman and co-founder Fred Done. It was first established as a single shop in Ordsall, Salford, in 1967. Its turnover is over ?1.5 billion, a nearly threefold rise since 2003's ?550 million. The company has more than 700 UK betting shops It claims to be both the world's biggest privately owned betting company, and the UK's biggest privately owned retail outlets.
G911

Hal01

EOG Veteran
Re: BetFred stiffs player

Stiffed a punter for 10 quid, at a shop that 99% of EOG posters can't play? Solid info right there.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

What's also funny is the title of this thread "BetFred stiffs player" when in all reality the article reads the guy is claiming he got stiffed and the company claims a different story. So my question is why is the title "BetFred Stiffs player" when it may or may not even be true?

In all reality and of course I'm being dramatic here but if people read this and BetFred could prove they lost business over this a lawsuit for slander could be brought forth. Very hard to prove in court but some courts would hear the case.

What's also funny is the title of this thread "BetFred stiffs player" when in all reality the article reads the guy is claiming he got stiffed and the company claims a different story. So my question is why is the title "BetFred Stiffs player" when it may or may not even be true?

In all reality and of course I'm being dramatic here but if people read this and BetFred could prove they lost business over this a lawsuit for slander could be brought forth. Very hard to prove in court but some courts would hear the case.
good point. Grabbed it from another site with that title. I should have changed it here.