Royal how much do you invest in the high stakes fantasy football leagues?

Re: Royal how much do you invest in the high stakes fantasy football leagues?

Oh christ.......

You'll need a pair of these to continue reading this thread:

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Oh christ.......

Why do you say that? You think I lie about stuff or something? If so, you are plain and simply wrong.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

On avg how much are you putting up in these 30 leagues you speak of?

I am getting ready to figure out how much to invest this year. I will be searching around tomorrow to try and finalize it. Basically looking to get in every 500-5000 league I can find trustworthy. There is one in Vegas that I am considering which is 25 grand. No way I play it without selling some shares though as it would grossly disbalance my portfolio.

Last year was the first time I did a bunch. I was in 17 of them ranging from 250 on two of them to 5 grand on two of them. Was in for 24500 including travel expenses of which I sold 40 percent to investors. Got back about 39 grand. Looking to invest about 30 grand this year at the minimum. Would like to play about 60 grand worth and have 35 or 40 of my own proportionate stake if I can find backers. The more leagues, the less luck comes into play.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

I would like to play in one of your leagues for about a grand. Let me know if you have any openings.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Interesting....

Are you 100% certain you will profit?

Are any of the leagues with the same people every year?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Interesting....

Are you 100% certain you will profit?

Are any of the leagues with the same people every year?

No, not 100 percent sure I will profit. I cannot afford to whiff and not have a guy like Moss go off and not have him on any teams again. Still have to have some luck in closing out the leagues. The key is to get as many as you can to the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may. If there were no playoffs in any leagues, and just total points for the season, yes I would then be 100 percent sure. Thus the more teams I play, the more the luck will balance out in the various playoffs. Last year the luck worked out okay, some teams that had Brady on them dominated all year only to have him get shut down in that poor weather game against the Jets and then got dusted. However, I won a 5k league as the 5th seed out of 6 playoff teams which more than made up for it. I basically use several sets of projections averaged together, using some more heavily weighted than others, and then program the scoring system for the particular league in to crank out rankings for each draft. So long as the projections are somewhat accurate, I know how to manage a draft perfectly using the data, now that I found the one flaw in my drafts. One good thing, is that one of my small investors loves this shit, and is reliable to help manage the free agent stuff for my smaller teams, although I usually do it myself to make sure it gets done properly. Also is good at getting lineups set if I am out of town at deadline, so as to get gametimers in and out of lineups.

Definately makes a guys head spin at the bar the first few weeks, until you start to get a feel for which teams are more important which weeks, etc.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Some of the smaller sites, will be likely to have many of the same people in the leagues year to year. I really don't care who is in or out though. I certainly will never dodge a league.

Journeyman

EOG Master

How much time do you put into getting ready projecting?

I believe every word of this...it makes too much sense...I never got into the fantasy league stuff because I was betting much more than any leagues I ever heard of...

Anyway, sounds interesting, I can see someone like yourself with the perfect formula for fantsy league success. Keep us posted.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Oh christ.......

Yes, Travis-san, the shit is getting deep visual reference. Very good my son. You have had quite the day, a poster contradicting himself and a shit is getting deep photo. Your flaming has improved greatly Travis-san...

Now you are walking the walk, not on rice paper, but the walk must come first Travishopper.

OF...:cheers

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Fantasy Football continues to grow in popularity & more & more sportsbettors are beginning to realize that it is a form of gambling........

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

How much time do you put into getting ready projecting?

I believe every word of this...it makes too much sense...I never got into the fantasy league stuff because I was betting much more than any leagues I ever heard of...

Anyway, sounds interesting, I can see someone like yourself with the perfect formula for fantsy league success. Keep us posted.

I don't spend much time projecting myself. I use four or five subscription sites for that. That is what they do for a living, so my job is to use their knowledge perfectly. If they combine to be accurate on projections, then I will have as good a team or better than everyone in every league. How far off they end up being as a group on the projections, determines how dominant my draft is. Obviously, I mentally make note of guys I like to perform a little better or worse than the average projections, but I find that using that data to put players into tiers of equality by position is all I need to do. My strength is managing a draft.

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

Oh christ.......

Forget that, you need Noah to bulid you a boat that is able to move through an ocean of shit.:+textinb3

WVU

EOG Master

I don't spend much time projecting myself. I use four or five subscription sites for that. That is what they do for a living, so my job is to use their knowledge perfectly. If they combine to be accurate on projections, then I will have as good a team or better than everyone in every league. How far off they end up being as a group on the projections, determines how dominant my draft is. Obviously, I mentally make note of guys I like to perform a little better or worse than the average projections, but I find that using that data to put players into tiers of equality by position is all I need to do. My strength is managing a draft.

Wow you really have a leg up on everyone else don't you?
:rolleyes:

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Wow you really have a leg up on everyone else don't you?
:rolleyes:

Yep, I feel I sure do, honestly and without having to resort to shottaking.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Forget that, you need Noah to bulid you a boat that is able to move through an ocean of shit.:+textinb3

Then you would be wrong as well, as most are here. I don't lie.

WVU

EOG Master

Yep, I feel I sure do, honestly and without having to resort to shottaking.

yes, such a novel idea of buying subscription services and using their information to compile the best team possible. You must be one hell of a whiz kid. I am sure no one else that plays your fantasy games are bright enough to do the same.

What a tool. :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

royal is the best at everything, except having anyone at the forums believe him. If you do not believe he is the best, just ask him. In fact, you don't have to ask, he has posted for months he is the best at everything, without being asked. Snap On, Craftsman, Royalfan, which one of these tools can't you trust in?

OF...:+clueless

WVU

EOG Master

I remember him posting somewhere that he is most likely the best fantasy player on the planet.

haha

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

yes, such a novel idea of buying subscription services and using their information to compile the best team possible. You must be one hell of a whiz kid. I am sure no one else that plays your fantasy games are bright enough to do the same.

What a tool. :rolleyes:

Sure, there are some that do similar things, and some are probably a little better than me even as they are more able to form their own accurate projections than I am. Doesn't mean it isn't a huge overlay, as given an accurate data set, I can run a draft almost flawlessly.

And you calling me a tool, just really doesn't even call for a response, it is so ironic.

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

The only thing on the planet that thinks that this jerk-off loser is a legend at, is his own mind.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

royal is the best at everything, except having anyone at the forums believe him. If you do not believe he is the best, just ask him. In fact, you don't have to ask, he has posted for months he is the best at everything, without being asked. Snap On, Craftsman, Royalfan, which one of these tools can't you trust in?

OF...:+clueless

The part that bothers you so bad is that you do believe me. And that hurts the most. Not that you would admit it though, as you have to keep up the toughguy personna, even though that went out the window when you cried to general, and then better yet called out Spread and then proceeded to just got your head kicked, tilting to the brink of retirement. Fucking classic.

:cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

The only thing on the planet that thinks that this jerk-off loser is a legend at, is his own mind.

Are you still upset at the little ATS database project of blind dart throws? Fuck even Frog will agree with me there with an open mind.

WVU

EOG Master

royalfan did you go to college? If so what degrees do you hold?

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

Not upset in the least, because I'm still drawing a check from that action. Let you in on a little secret, my little scum-bag friend; his system had only one losing day last week.

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

He has three, a BS, a MS, and a pHD.

BS-Bull Shit

MS-More Shit

pHD-Piled Higher & Deeper.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Not upset in the least, because I'm still drawing a check from that action. Let you in on a little secret, my little scum-bag friend; his system had only one losing day last week.

Good for you!! I mean that seriously as over a super long term it won't continue. No merit behind the plays. If you would quit trying to take it personally and understand I was trying to help, you might be able to get over the stalking. If you keep playing them, I hope you keep winning, but my opinion is that they are lose the juice plays over time.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, got an accounting degree. I am about 3/4 done with my masters but quit on it for some reason a couple years back when I decided I wouldn't be working again.

Yes, Travis-san, the shit is getting deep visual reference. Very good my son. You have had quite the day, a poster contradicting himself and a shit is getting deep photo. Your flaming has improved greatly Travis-san...

Now you are walking the walk, not on rice paper, but the walk must come first Travishopper.

OF...:cheers

I am a student of the best. Would you expect any less from your star pupil?

More to come as Royalego helps keep EOG the busiest and best gambling portal on the net.

For my buddy Royalego for crossing the road and helping EOG stay on top:

5 star bomb

EOG Master

yeah, ever won big money playing fantasy?

i usually get in 3 leagues. I have won at least 1 league the past 3 years. I only play with friends though. It is good competition though bc everyone that plays knows what their doing and having been playing for years now... It is a lot of fun you should get in a league Jman

Then you would be wrong as well, as most are here. I don't lie.

While you believe every word you say it is obvious most people here at EOG feel like you have a different problem.