How does Gilbert get 2 max offers?

Seymour

EOG Dedicated
Re: How does Gilbert get 2 max offers?

How did Marbury? How did Martin? - deals like these just kill any shot at a future

mofome

Banned

How did Marbury? How did Martin? - deals like these just kill any shot at a future

I agree. as a wizards fan, i really didnt want us to blow our load on Jamison and Gilbert. They're good players, but something just isnt working here. Neither plays any D, they are both injured often, and neither has gotten us anywhere in the post season. which of those things is likely to change and why?

:rolleyes:

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

I agree. as a wizards fan, i really didnt want us to blow our load on Jamison and Gilbert. They're good players, but something just isnt working here. Neither plays any D, they are both injured often, and neither has gotten us anywhere in the post season. which of those things is likely to change and why?

:rolleyes:

Agree it's to much for either player but I feel like the Wizards wanted to keep this team together and see what they could do in the next few years.

Last time everyone was healthy they were in first in the East at the all star break.

If you miss on a max deal with a player you usually screwed for many many years... I guess we will see...

I wish they did a sign and trade and picked up someone who can play the post...

Wizards are only allowed X amount of smart, logical transactions per decade. It's a rule all the D.C. sports franchises have been following for a long time.

Wes Unseld just touched himself.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I don't think Arenas is really injury prone....he was very quickly becoming one of the best in the game before the first injury....too many teams with money to burn.

mofome

Banned

Agree it's to much for either player but I feel like the Wizards wanted to keep this team together and see what they could do in the next few years.

Last time everyone was healthy they were in first in the East at the all star break.

If you miss on a max deal with a player you usually screwed for many many years... I guess we will see...

I wish they did a sign and trade and picked up someone who can play the post...

Butler, Jamison, and Gilbert have all proven to be prone to injury. Then look at the fact that the teams that win, are the teams that play defense, and these two players play zero defense. jamison is one of the softest defenders in the league. Would Gordon and Brand be much worse than Gilbert and Jamison? Will they be as expensive?

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

Butler, Jamison, and Gilbert have all proven to be prone to injury. Then look at the fact that the teams that win, are the teams that play defense, and these two players play zero defense. jamison is one of the softest defenders in the league. Would Gordon and Brand be much worse than Gilbert and Jamison? Will they be as expensive?

AJ is a role model and locker room leader... Had to sign him.

I rather them sign both then lose either of them to FA without getting anything in return.

I prefer a sign and trade for Gilbert.

He needs the money to fund his online poker accounts. Seriously though he isn't really a PG and got torched way too often. But lets face it this guy is what sells tickets in the NBA. If he gets into a duel and puts up 40 while his counterpart puts up 42, Sportscenter will still show Gilbert launching up impossible shots that go in and his opponents layups and easy 8 footers won't make for good video.

rjt721

EOG Master

I don't know, but something's wrong when Gil's getting more than 2X what Caron Butler earns.