EOG Master
Like the one I invented at X?

And this one will actually be monitored :pop:

Worth it or not? I think it is .

12io4j2w90

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Should EOG have a tracker forum ?

i have to say I hate that tracker forum at RX. I never look there except for G Money college hoops picks. It has no style too boring. put the picks in the sports forums and let it be.

Journeyman

EOG Master

'isolated incident'

Did I not also win 250+ units that summer and +130 AFTER the incident? Ummm yes.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

jman...dont love the idea.

maybe it will work here tho.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Therx tracker forum was a great idea with very poor execution.

It has almost no cred because the picks are not monitored.

I am so sick and tired of idiots telling me record is incorrect.
Its not like I can tell them to check the tracker room for proof because the picks are not monitored.

I will admit that the one thing that pisses me off more than anything is someone who says my record is not for real.

I have offered money to anyone who can prove that my record is not right but nobody seems to want to take me up.

They would just rather believe Henhouse.

If the tracker forum was really monitored like it should be I would not have this problem.

So to answer your question yes a tracker room would be great if it was done right. If its done the way therx is doing it, dont waste your time.

Journeyman

EOG Master

jman...dont love the idea.

maybe it will work here tho.

If I were running the show here (which I am obviously not) but if I was, the tracker forum WOULD be here....it helps with traffic big time.

And with a little effort, a real moderator keeping things on the up and up, it would be a huge asset.

12io4j2w90

J

joeybagadonuts

Like the one I invented at X?

And this one will actually be monitored :pop:

Worth it or not? I think it is .

12io4j2w90

Easily the best idea you have ever had. I would love to see a tracking forum where someone (with creditbility, meaning NOT you Journeystiff) tracks and audits all picks made and keeps a tally of each poster's record. It would really add some much needed accountability to this site.

Journeyman

EOG Master

nah not really the best idea I ever had...you don't know me, thankfully.

J

joeybagadonuts

yes, thankfully I dont know you, b/c i dont associate with STIFFs, nor shut-in muscle heads.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

J,

if we can find someone who is willing to take the job then we should have one. Its damn hard tho!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Seriously this is a huge asset....

We need a mod who is willing to put in the time, to make it air tight. (Blondie comes to mind) she is detail oriented.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Seriously this is a huge asset....

We need a mod who is willing to put in the time, to make it air tight. (Blondie comes to mind) she is detail oriented.

J-Man how much time did it take daily when you did it at the X.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I didn't actually monitor the tracker...Rob Funk did it...Glaken before him.

The problem has been that while everyone is suppose to stick to the strict guidelines laid out....if the monitor doesn't catch the culprits, it kinda ruins the theme behind the idea....to be honest with you, I never really cared about being tracked or tracking it...it wasn't my job to see over it..it was my original idea though.

I would say 30 minutes a day tops in the beginning, of course it depends on the amount of people participating too (which obviously grows over time) eventually it would take a good hour to monitor it right, if it had as many players as the X has.

There's a lot of good reasons behind having the tracker, for the site and for the players....some posters loved being tracked, others are looking for proven winners, or just good info.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Lets do it. The only thing I would suggest is that we get some kind of consensus lines. Baseball and hockey lines sometimes vary drastically from book to book. In order to keep things accurate maybe one book should be used. Could work as a sponsor deal I suppose.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Lets do it. The only thing I would suggest is that we get some kind of consensus lines. Baseball and hockey lines sometimes vary drastically from book to book. In order to keep things accurate maybe one book should be used. Could work as a sponsor deal I suppose.

Well in the original rules the rule was to post 'a widely available line' at the time of posting.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I didn't actually monitor the tracker...Rob Funk did it...Glaken before him.

The problem has been that while everyone is suppose to stick to the strict guidelines laid out....if the monitor doesn't catch the culprits, it kinda ruins the theme behind the idea....to be honest with you, I never really cared about being tracked or tracking it...it wasn't my job to see over it..it was my original idea though.

I would say 30 minutes a day tops in the beginning, of course it depends on the amount of people participating too (which obviously grows over time) eventually it would take a good hour to monitor it right, if it had as many players as the X has.

There's a lot of good reasons behind having the tracker, for the site and for the players....some posters loved being tracked, others are looking for proven winners, or just good info.

I would assume that the players names and numbers for the records could be laid out in some type of excel program to maintain the records correct?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ironically it was that very idea that got Glaken a mod job...that is where he started...he volunteered to track it.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Well in the original rules the rule was to post 'a widely available line' at the time of posting.

I like the idea of widely available lines. What I was thinking is that when you log into the tracker forum there would be a screen that listed all the current lines at say BetJam. You click on the picks you want and they are registered and you cant change them. When the lines at BetJam change the lines in the tracker forum change. You get BetJam to sponsor the tracker forum.

It might be a bit ambitious but I think it would work.

I'm all for it as long as I don't have to be the one who runs it :+textinb3

Actually, MADCAPPER or GYNO would be 2 good candidates to run it

Journeyman

EOG Master

I like the idea of widely available lines. What I was thinking is that when you log into the tracker forum there would be a screen that listed all the current lines at say BetJam. You click on the picks you want and they are registered and you cant change them. When the lines at BetJam change the lines in the tracker forum change. You get BetJam to sponsor the tracker forum.

It might be a bit ambitious but I think it would work.

How would we get BJ lines to change? How would that show up is what I'm asking?

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Yes a monitored tracker forum would be a great idea. It would expose the posers like MC, which is probably why he doesnt like the idea

Need to write a program for it. Other sites do it that way.

I agree. A program would do well. I used to post my plays at the X in the tracker forum but Rob Fuck would only update when he got sober.

I dont need a tracker if i don't give out any losers...12io4j2w90

This is true, however we've both admitted our faults and are powerless over posting losers. haha.

APPLE

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

How would we get BJ lines to change? How would that show up is what I'm asking?

The lines wouldnt change based on our bets. When the lines change at BetJam they would change in the tracker forum. I'm sure there is a way to capture the lines from BetJam and use them in the tracker forum. I'm not sure how and like i said it might be a little ambitious.