Baron Davis to the Clippers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Baron Davis to the Clippers

Always liked baron davis. He was very exciting in GS. Wish him well.

Clippers will still blow.

Monte will be huge.

Not if Brand stays.

And it's Monta. And he's already huge. Well, to anyone who actually watches basketball regularly. The fact that the average fan probably doesn't know him is irrelevant.

Apple

Banned

Not if Brand stays.

And it's Monta. And he's already huge. Well, to anyone who actually watches basketball regularly. The fact that the average fan probably doesn't know him is irrelevant.

Dude averaged over 20 points a game too

royboy

EOG Dedicated

a lot of talent on that team if they keep brand... playoff team if they stay healthy

Apple

Banned

Al Thornton was a great pick up last season.. Wouldn't be surprised if he avg'd close to 20 points a game this season.

This is rare....

He played in all 82 games, averaging 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 2.3 steals.

This move also enables the Clips to bring Shaun Livingston along slowly in his attempt to return after that horrific knee injury. One of the best young PGs in the game before he went down, no question he was a special player. Everyone should be rooting for this guy.

They'll be in the thick of the playoff race out West if they retain Brand. If not, Baron Davis plays 40 games next season before mailing it in.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

they will be lucky to make playoffs. this move doesnt help them much at all. The West is too deep. Clippers should have spent it on a younger cat instead of Baron Davis who is a OLD 29

Apple

Banned

This move also enables the Clips to bring Shaun Livingston along slowly in his attempt to return after that horrific knee injury. One of the best young PGs in the game before he went down, no question he was a special player. Everyone should be rooting for this guy.

They'll be in the thick of the playoff race out West if they retain Brand. If not, Baron Davis plays 40 games next season before mailing it in.

Watching the video of that gave me chills dude.. His knee moved to the side:smokesmal

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Gyno, is Baron Davis the best player the Clippers have ever had? I dont' know Clipper history all that well, but i can't imagine there have been too many players BETTER than BD in team history.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

they will be lucky to make playoffs. this move doesnt help them much at all. The West is too deep. Clippers should have spent it on a younger cat instead of Baron Davis who is a OLD 29

This move legitimizes the Clippers a bit. Great players were reluctant to go to this team.....this is a good start. Baron would be a great 'recruiter' as there's a good chance that now he can get another very good to great player to also come on board. You have to start somewhere, this is a splash for the Clippers.

Apple

Banned

Gyno, is Baron Davis the best player the Clippers have ever had? I dont' know Clipper history all that well, but i can't imagine there have been too many players BETTER than BD in team history.

As far as I can remember Elton Brand is the best player the team has had up to this point..

Back in the day it was Danny Manning and Ron Harper.. At one period Loy Vaught was our best player :hung

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Can't blame a guy in moving for 65 mil. The dude should be set for life.

Big loss for Golden State.

gary grant was the best clippers player until brand came along.

this is a huge acquisition for LA. baron davis is a top 10 player in the league. it's like adding paul pierce to your team. and for cheap too.

I still don't think the Clippers are a contender.....

BARON IS A PLUS....BUT DIDN'T ELTON AND CORY OPT FOR FREE AGENCY?

If they sign back great, but if not Baron just jumped from one suck ass team to another! IMO.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I still don't think the Clippers are a contender.....

BARON IS A PLUS....BUT DIDN'T ELTON AND CORY OPT FOR FREE AGENCY?

If they sign back great, but if not Baron just jumped from one suck ass team to another! IMO.

Too bad the Clips don't have an ex-star player who's the GM of another team who might want to let them store purchase a superstar for a ham sandwich and a 6 pack of corona. That way, they wouldn't be a suck ass team, now would they? :pop:

Does it really EVER matter who plays for the Golden State Warriors or the Los Angeles Clippers?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Does it really EVER matter who plays for the Golden State Warriors or the Los Angeles Clippers?

You could have said the same thing about the baseball team formerly known as the Devil rays.

Sports is different these days. Teams can be laughing stock one year and champions the next. Think of the Celtics. Outhouse to Penthouse. there are plenty of teams who get good 'overnight'.

Also, what's 'in' these days is teams who have never been good, all of a sudden getting good....seemingly overnight.

Not saying Davis makes them a threat to win it all, but you gotta start somewhere.

Too bad the Clips don't have an ex-star player who's the GM of another team who might want to let them store purchase a superstar for a ham sandwich and a 6 pack of corona. That way, they wouldn't be a suck ass team, now would they? :pop:

but they have no hall of famers running other teams....jealousy is an ugly thing...:+textinb3

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Not thinking this is the best aquisition for the Clips. Baron is getting long in tooth and might have seen better days already. In fact, all I see is downside, like his career is almost up. Worse yet, the Clips are possibly losing the best player they have ever had in Elton. Without him they were lotto. And what type of offense do they run? Halfcourt? Dunleavy can't coach for shit. Baron excelled in run and gun, Nellie's uptempo. That ain't happening with the Clippers roster. At this juncture in his career he might be top 5 pg, in the Western Conference, if he can stay healthy, a huge if with him. I like the Clips better as a defensive half court team. They can't build around Baron because his time is almost up and they would have to overhaul entire roster. One of the safest bets ever in the NBA is that the Clips will be bad, and won't go anywhere. I'd bet that is the case, again. I like Blazers much better.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

mofome

Banned

LAC gets better, but Portland will be the class of the West soon enough.

Not thinking this is the best aquisition for the Clips. Baron is getting long in tooth and might have seen better days already. In fact, all I see is downside, like his career is almost up. Worse yet, the Clips are possibly losing the best player they have ever had in Elton. Without him they were lotto. And what type of offense do they run? Halfcourt? Dunleavy can't coach for shit. Baron excelled in run and gun, Nellie's uptempo. That ain't happening with the Clippers roster. At this juncture in his career he might be top 5 pg, in the Western Conference, if he can stay healthy, a huge if with him. I like the Clips better as a defensive half court team. They can't build around Baron because his time is almost up and they would have to overhaul entire roster. One of the safest bets ever in the NBA is that the Clips will be bad, and won't go anywhere. I'd bet that is the case, again. I like Blazers much better.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

This team also took Eric Gordon 7th overall...........

Another year watching the playoffs. Surprise, surprise.