cast from the naut? which side of
the pic is brighter? remember, there
was no artifical light on any of
the "trips." :)

DimeDR

Banned
Re: "To the moon, Alice! Really."

Did Man Really go to the Moon?

Have you ever seen a rocket take off, land vertically and then take off again?

It was attempted once. In 1996 the Delta rocket DC-X toppled over on landing and exploded. NASA is still trying to find a team of engineers that can get a rocket to land vertically. Strange really, they managed to do this on the Moon twenty-seven years earlier.

If a rocket did manage to land and take off vertically, it would have blown huge amounts of dust and debris in all directions. However, when the Apollo 11 landed, Neil Armstrong famously left his footprint in undisturbed dust.

Do you still think the Americans went to the Moon? Take a close look at these photos.

The 'sunlight' in this photograph is clearly coming from the right and flaring into the lens. How come there are shadows on the roof of the exit and why is Buzz Aldrin so well lit?

The 'sunlight' here is coming from low down on the right. What's lighting Buzz Aldrin's back-pack? He should be in shadow, like the ground. On TV he bounced down the ladder with both feet together.

Very odd this one... The shadows are going in different directions. Sunlight generates parallel shadows. If you draw a line through each of the shadows and find the position where they meet, this will give you the position of the light source. Could this be a studio light about 30 feet away? The reflected light in the helmet is not that of the Sun, nor is it the surface of the Moon. The Sun would generate a very small point of light in the helmet.
Note the Lunar Module on the left. Can you see any disturbed dust around it? There should be a large 'star burst' pattern or even a crater generated by the blast of the rocket engine.

Why is the horizon darker than the foreground? Sunlight doesn't generate hot spots, but studio lights do.
The rock in the background (top left) appears to be lit from the side. If the light is coming from behind, the rock should have more shadow area on it.
NASA claim that the camera used on the Moon was designed to be used at waist height. If this photograph was taken at waist height, the horizon would have been lower down. The horizon in this photograph is at eye level, therefore the camera must have been at eye level.

No sign of any blast damage on the surface of the Moon. If we assume that the mass of the module is in the region of 5,000kg, a force of over 10,000 newtons would be required to slow the module and act against the Moon's gravity. This amount of force would not leave the surface undisturbed.
On Earth, we have not been able to land a rocket vertically. The rocket has a tendency to slide horizonally. If the rocket is even a few degrees off horizonal or the surface is uneven, the force of the engine will cause the rocket to tip over as it nears the surface. Try it yourself with a water rocket... Its easy to make the rocket take off, but try landing it.
Whilst the physics is slightly different in a vacuum, the force of the engine would have been reflected by the surface as the module landed, this would have made the landing very complicated. The British Hawker Harrier fighter jet can achieve vertical landings, but it requires four jet outputs for stability.
How come every lunar blast-off was perfect? How many engineers did they have up there?

The dust being thrown up by the Apollo 16 Lunar Rover is forming clouds. Dust clouds can only form in an atmosphere. In a vacuum, the dust should be thrown back in a arc. If this much dust was moved by the wheels of vehicle, how come the blast of a rocket appears to have moved no dust at all.
Kodak say that normal Ektachrome slide film was used. What happens to slide film if you try to use it below minus 20 degrees Celsius? It shatters! Radiation and UV doesn't do it a lot of good either!

Transparency film has to be exposed very accurately, an error of one stop will produce an unusable photograph. The cameras that were taken to the Moon had no light meters or automatic exposure system. NASA provided the astonauts with an 'exposure guide'. How could they know what the exposure should be when nobody had ever been there before?

DimeDR

Banned

note in the pic below how deep the legs of the LM dug in ... and note the footprints, from what ive learned only moisture would maintain these prints viable.

DimeDR

Banned
heres LM 14, what a piece of machinery! a true marvel.

heres LM 14, what a piece of machinery! a true marvel.

DimeDR

Banned
heck, nasa, no need to apologize for apollo 17! they just keep getting better

heck, nasa, no need to apologize for apollo 17! they just keep getting better

5/15/2007 article. :LMAO

Apollo 17's lunar module Challenger

Awkward and angular looking, Apollo 17's lunar module
Challenger was designed for flight in the vacuum of space.

DimeDR

Banned
spotlight for neil, apollo 11

spotlight for neil, apollo 11

hmmm, is it just me but how does the light seem to CENTER
so well everytime. i wish i could get it to obey when needed
on sunny days.

DimeDR

Banned

ok guys, if you are with me thus far, id like to see some film, pics etc ... of the LM making its lunar rendezvous, attaching to one another, then watching these LMs dropoff ... i mean, is that asking too much ... didnt they get neil armstrong stepping onto the moon, didnt they take film on the way too and fro the moon .. why wouldnt the capsule of the LM have film running for this momumental occurence in at least one of these trips made by 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, or 17???? please help me, im looking for something better than these films i found. these are all very short :)

god only knows what this is
YouTube - Apollo 17 Lunar Orbit rendezvous

couldnt even fake it in a simulation
YouTube - LEM approaching the CSM for lunar rendezvous (simulation)

see, proof there were working cams here
YouTube - Apollo 12 LEM

here we go fellas, some progress
YouTube - Moon Landing Hoax- Apollo 12 LM Ascent-

one of my faves, 16 taking off from moon
YouTube - Apollo 16 lunar liftoff

17 liftoffs, with some nice zooming back of cam (who was doing this?)
YouTube - Apollo17 Last men on the moon; Lunar Lift Off Dec. 14, 1972

classic wires flash and puppeteer (falls 20 secs in)
YouTube - Apollo 16 video

still doubt the marionettes? (naut curses at 28 secs)
YouTube - Apollo 16 John Young curses on the moon

DimeDR

Banned

NASA 'Loses' Phony Moon Landing Tape
by RICHARD MACEY
The heart-stopping moments when Neil Armstrong took his first tentative steps onto another world are defining images of the 20th century: grainy, fuzzy, unforgettable.

But just 37 years after Apollo 11, it is feared the magnetic tapes that recorded the first moon walk - beamed to the world via three tracking stations, including Parkes's famous "Dish" - have gone missing at NASA's Goddard Space Centre in Maryland.

A desperate search has begun amid concerns the tapes will disintegrate to dust before they can be found.

It is not widely known that the Apollo 11 television broadcast from the moon was a high-quality transmission, far sharper than the blurry version relayed instantly to the world on that July day in 1969.

Among those battling to unscramble the mystery is John Sarkissian, a CSIRO scientist stationed at Parkes for a decade. "We are working on the assumption they still exist," Mr Sarkissian told the Herald.

"Your guess is a good as mine as to where they are.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I hate to break your bubble, but the russians have been landing on land, with retrorockets, for decades. What a knob?

skoda

EOG Senior Member

Pope Joan?

For 1,200 years her existence has been denied. She is the legend that will not die--the woman who disguised herself as a man and sat for two years on the papal throne

Pope Joan?

For 1,200 years her existence has been denied. She is the legend that will not die--the woman who disguised herself as a man and sat for two years on the papal throne

Is there a reason why you are posting this so often? I'm not sure how it relates to politics either.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I guess with the election over, the kooks really come out of hiding! I'm not sure whats sadder, dimes fixation on the moon landings of 40 years ago or road dawg putting up a dozen threads a day that get ignored?

skoda

EOG Senior Member

I try to post things that are agreeable to all. I'm sorry if you wasted your time :smokesmal

Fictionman

EOG Addicted

I guess with the election over, the kooks really come out of hiding! I'm not sure whats sadder, dimes fixation on the moon landings of 40 years ago or road dawg putting up a dozen threads a day that get ignored?

seems road dawg went from bashing McCain before the election to bashing Obama after the election.

maybe Dime can find out if Christopher Columbus discovered America or tell us it was somebody else.

skoda

EOG Senior Member

makes things easier if you quote who you are talking to.

I'm sorry..... I think out loud sometimes. Pope Joan could've been on the boat with Columbus... :doh1

Put your money on Dallas tonight!

At least some of what Road Dawg posts can be insightful. DimeDR's posts are disorganized, repetitive, and useless in my opinion.

Fictionman

EOG Addicted

I'm sorry..... I think out loud sometimes. Pope Joan could've been on the boat with Columbus... :doh1

Put your money on Dallas tonight!

wise man say people that think out loud should have filter put between brain and mouth.

DimeDR

Banned

hey skoda,

try addressing something,

this site has turned to shit, and thats why i come back to show how dumb you guys are ...

skoda, isnt post 17 a beaut? that the buggy that got you to the moon, not LMAO

some day and not to far off, the moon, 911, etc etc, will be proven hoaxes and you will remember people like me making you look like the inbred dolts you all are ...

skoda, what do you know about operation ajax, mk ultra, paperclip, northwoods, gladio

thats what i thought :)

skoda

EOG Senior Member

<TABLE class=forumLine id=abPreviewTbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="row1 borderline" vAlign=top width=200>PM, 2008
</TD><TD class="row1 borderline" vAlign=top>
<INPUT id=commentsQuote onclick="window.location='/forum.spark?forumID=65524&p=41&topicID=17860709&commentID=21792499';" type=button value=Quote> <INPUT id=commentsReply onclick="window.location='/forum.spark?forumID=65524&p=41&topicID=17860709';" type=button value=Reply>​

Maxine's boyfriend list:

MY 5 NEW BOYFRIENDS!!!

I am seeing 5 gentlemen every day.

As soon as I wake up,
Will Power helps me get out of bed.

Then I go to see John .

Then Charlie Horse comes along,
& when he is here, he takes a lot of my time & attention.

When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up & stays the rest of the day.
He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint.

After such a busy day, I'm really tired & glad to go to bed With Ben Gay.

What a life!

Oh yes, I'm also been flirting lately with Al Zymer.........
and I'm thinking of calling

JACK DANIELS
or
JOHNNY WALKER
to come and keep me company.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>