In restrospect, What's the WORST JERSEY PURCHASE you ever made???

Just got over here to my in-laws about 30 minutes ago, had to step into the bathroom and take a piss and look over at the door and see a #5 Nomar Garciaparra Cubs Jersey hanging there on a hook.

btw, my father-in-law is a HUGE Cubs fan, and occasionally wears that jersey. Got me thinking about purchasing jerseys, and then that player ends up getting hurt, traded, or whatever.

I don't buy a lot of Jersey's anymore, so I am kinda stumped trying to remember some bad ones I've bought. DID buy an Eckstein STL Jersey after the 2006 World Series and he's in Toronto now

What about you guys??

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated
Re: In restrospect, What's the WORST JERSEY PURCHASE you ever made???

I have over a 100 MLB, NFL, NBA jerseys.........I love em all, but If I had to pick one......

Aaron Brooks black NO

gravy

EOG Addicted

Gus Ferrote RED Washington Redskins Jersey

Topflight

EOG Addicted

Todd Marinovich - The jersey reeked as much as he did. It eventually sold at a garage sale I had for $1

I remember getting a Phil Simms jersey many years ago as a gift and in his next game he suffered that big injury he was sidlined with for a long time.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Shaq Orlando Magic. I thought they would win many championships. Could have been worse and got a Penny Hardaway I guess. Or a lil Penny action figure.

My ads are better than the guy I am based on. Is that a good thing?

OF...2348ji23e

Apple

Banned

Darius Miles Clippers jersey :(

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Todd Marinovich - The jersey reeked as much as he did. It eventually sold at a garage sale I had for $1

Could have bought his summer camp helmet where he made the raiders logo into the zig-zag man. Be careful using that word, 5 star will laugh and say it should be spelled wreaks.

OF...:smokesmal

Journeyman

EOG Master

I never too a big risk on and up and coming jersey, also hated the player name on the back...i would get mine without the name.

Worst I ever had was a Expos jersey, I wore an Expos hat for years too.

Looking back, not sure why.

BP, did he play for the Blue Jays ?? 2nd basemen in the mid-80's or so ???

The Devil

EOG Master

I GUESS IT WOULD BE THE MICHAEL VICK JERSEY I BOUGHT PRIOR TO THE START OF LAST YEARS FOOTBALL SEASON......................:devil: :devil:

BP, did he play for the Blue Jays ?? 2nd basemen in the mid-80's or so ???

that would be him

D?maso Domingo Garc?a S?nchez (born February 7, 1955 in Moca, Dominican Republic) is a former Major League Baseball player best known for his time spent with the Toronto Blue Jays in the 1980s.
Garc?a made his major league debut in 1978 with the New York Yankees He played in 29 games over the following two seasons before being traded with Chris Chambliss and Paul Mirabella to the Toronto Blue Jays for Tom Underwood, Rick Cerone and Ted Wilborn prior to the 1980 season.
As Toronto's second baseman through 1986, Garc?a batted over .300 twice (1982 and 1983); stole 54 bases in 1982 (2nd in the American League) and 46 in 1984 (6th in the AL), and was an All-Star twice (1984-85). He also won the Silver Slugger Award in 1982.
After being traded with Luis Leal from the Blue Jays to the Atlanta Braves (for Craig McMurtry) in 1987, Garc?a struggled to find a major league home. He played some time with the Braves in 1988 and the Montreal Expos in 1989, but failed to make the cut during the same period with the Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Yankees. He retired having compiled a .283 career batting average, 36 home runs, 323 RBI, 490 runs and 203 stolen bases.
In 1991, Garcia had a malignant brain tumor removed, leaving him with limited speech but otherwise with faculties intact. Garcia resides in the quiet and luxurious neighborhood of Los Cacicazgos and now runs a baseball camp for sick children in the Dominican Republic. [1]

[edit] Trivia

After one game in 1986 in which he performed poorly, Garcia burnt his uniform in the Blue Jays clubhouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ccN3vChpw&feature=related

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran

A gift from my Step Father in /81 :hangt

I bought a $70 Coyotes Keith Carney jersey literally a week before they traded him to Anaheim.

I never too a big risk on and up and coming jersey, also hated the player name on the back...i would get mine without the name.

Worst I ever had was a Expos jersey, I wore an Expos hat for years too.

Looking back, not sure why.

I still occasionally wear my Expos jersey my buddy got me from John Wetteland. I get tons of comments about it.

My worst purchase was buying a John Elway Broncos jersey on Ebay which claimed to be Mitchell and Ness but turned out to be a fake. Not that it looked bad, just that I got frickin 10 legal letters demanding official statements from me and to promise to "dispose" it. Stupid thing didn't fit anyways, it was cut big enough that Shaq could wear it.

Mike Mamula #59 philadelphia eagles

Bought a Bobby Hurley Jersey at the beginning of his rookie season. 2348ji23e

Always wondered if Hurley's NBA career would have been much more successful if not for that car wreck he was in. Probably would have still ended up as a role player, but a shame we didn't get to find out.

I give him a lot of credit for even making it back to the NBA though, he was lucky not have been killed in that wreck.

Is there anything worse than grown men wearing sports jerseys? Maybe guys that are still sporting goatees (the new mullet) but thats about it.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Forgot about my St Louis Steamers jersey.

Those soccers jerseys were always so tight and the material was itchy.

note the ridiculous collar :+clueless ....circa 1984

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Hurley? He was the typical Duke guy. Great at Duke, when surrounded by talent, better than other teams, and benefit of friendly whistles his entire career. Way too small and frail at 6' 165 lbs. Who did he replace, another midget Spud Webb. He no longer had his outside shot when defended, teams sagged off of him and his passing lanes were gone. Then he is in his truck, not wearing a seatbelt and gets hit by a tweeker without headlights doing 55. Ejected and thrown 75 feet into a ditch. Lucky to be alive. Buckle up.

In my opinion one of the worst drafts ever. A long list of duds, washouts and just never made its.

I'll give you my who was that top bums of that draft.

Webber was top pick and had a great career, but it slid fast after that.

Shawn Bradley. Big tall bust. Made a movie, but that was it. Horrible #2 pick

Penny Hardaway. All potential, never realized, made a movie, and had little penny.

Bobby Hurley. Too small and weak, made a movie, no seat belt, done.

J.R. Rider. IQ of a grapefruit, attitude dude. They paid him not to play.

Calbert Chaney. Not a total disaster, but hardly a great lottery pick

Allan Houston. Was good, got hurt signed huge contract, never played again.

Outside the lotto, a ton of who? Brick Van Exel only guy that did something.

One big exception, Sam I am Cassell. He has a few rings, incuding a new one.

Other not so famous players.

Malcolm Mackey
Geert Hammink
Corie Blount
Ervin Johnson, not Magic
Chris Mills
James Robinson
Scott Burrell
Acie Earl
Luther Wright
Greg Graham
Rex Walters
Doug Edwards
Scott Haskin

Even Gheorghe Muresan was in this draft, again, made a movie, disaster on the court.

To be honest, I did not see that much difference in Hurley after the accident. Excellent NCAA player, but just not NBA caliber.

OF...:cheers

What about "Monster Mash" OF ??

Journeyman

EOG Master

Hurley? He was the typical Duke guy. Great at Duke, when surrounded by talent, better than other teams, and benefit of friendly whistles his entire career. Way too small and frail at 6' 165 lbs. Who did he replace, another midget Spud Webb. He no longer had his outside shot when defended, teams sagged off of him and his passing lanes were gone. Then he is in his truck, not wearing a seatbelt and gets hit by a tweeker without headlights doing 55. Ejected and thrown 75 feet into a ditch. Lucky to be alive. Buckle up.

In my opinion one of the worst drafts ever. A long list of duds, washouts and just never made its.

I'll give you my who was that top bums of that draft.

Webber was top pick and had a great career, but it slid fast after that.

Shawn Bradley. Big tall bust. Made a movie, but that was it. Horrible #2 pick

Penny Hardaway. All potential, never realized, made a movie, and had little penny.

Bobby Hurley. Too small and weak, made a movie, no seat belt, done.

J.R. Rider. IQ of a grapefruit, attitude dude. They paid him not to play.

Calbert Chaney. Not a total disaster, but hardly a great lottery pick

Allan Houston. Was good, got hurt signed huge contract, never played again.

Outside the lotto, a ton of who? Brick Van Exel only guy that did something.

One big exception, Sam I am Cassell. He has a few rings, incuding a new one.

Other not so famous players.

Malcolm Mackey
Geert Hammink
Corie Blount
Ervin Johnson, not Magic
Chris Mills
James Robinson
Scott Burrell
Acie Earl
Luther Wright
Greg Graham
Rex Walters
Doug Edwards
Scott Haskin

Even Gheorghe Muresan was in this draft, again, made a movie, disaster on the court.

To be honest, I did not see that much difference in Hurley after the accident. Excellent NCAA player, but just not NBA caliber.

You aint kidding, from the Dukie busts to the entire draft of flops....that draft was filled with big names...

And Houston wasn't really one of the bigger names coming in, he quickly rose to the top though of the entire league....I never did figure out what happened to him, are the Bricks still paying him?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Monster Mash no bust by any means. But overall, it was pretty weak. I wonder how many All Star games total from this entire draft.

OF...:+clueless

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

You aint kidding, from the Dukie busts to the entire draft of flops....that draft was filled with big names...

And Houston wasn't really one of the bigger names coming in, he quickly rose to the top though of the entire league....I never did figure out what happened to him, are the Bricks still paying him?

On March 30, 2007, while waiting for his current contract to expire with the Knicks, Houston was reportedly interested in making a comeback. Despite not having played in the league since 2005, Houston was the second highest paid player in the league two years later during the 2006-07 NBA season at $20.7 million.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP> On June 27, it was again reported that Houston was interested in making a comeback.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-2>[3]</SUP> The Knicks signed Houston to a contract, of which terms were not disclosed.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-3>[4]</SUP> On October 8, 2007, it was reported that Houston will join the Knicks in training camp, and that Jared Jeffries, who has worn number 20 with the Knicks, will switch to number 1 so that Houston can wear his old number.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-4>[5]</SUP> It was reported later that Houston would not end up wearing no. 20,<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-5>[6]</SUP> as the NBA does not allow jersey number changes without prior approval (Jeffries could not give up #20).<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-6>[7]</SUP> On October 20, after only spending a week with the Knicks and seeing six minutes of activity in one pre-season game against the Boston Celtics, Houston decided to end his comeback attempt because of bad timing in choosing to join the team so late into preparation for the regular season.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-7>[8]</SUP>
On June 10, 2008, the New York Post reported that Houston was still interested in playing in the N.B.A. during the 2008-2009 season.

As far as I know his contract expired. Either that or a buyout. Probably the worst contract ever given by the Knicks, and they have a huge list of them.

Zach put in a lot of great years for the Dolphins Josh....

Any PROUD OWNERS of a Vince Young Titans Jersey ??? Going pretty cheap on Ebay these days 12io4j2w90

Journeyman

EOG Master

this time last yr Young was leading Tenn into the Superdome for a nice win against the Saints.

how times can change quickly.

roach23

Banned

A TO Eagles jersey.

Not that bad of a purchase though since he actually signed my jersey the day he was doing situps in his driveway after getting kicked out of camp. But sucks I only got to wear it for a season.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

When you buy a jersey you HAVE to buy a guy who won't get traded.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Zach Thomas Dolphins jersey.

Zach played many years for the fins. If you get more than 5 years out of the jersey, you made a good buy.

Of course, if you bought this just recently, than i can see your point.

WVU

EOG Master

Shaq Orlando Magic. I thought they would win many championships. Could have been worse and got a Penny Hardaway I guess. Or a lil Penny action figure.

My ads are better than the guy I am based on. Is that a good thing?

OF...2348ji23e

I have a home and an away Penny Hardaway Magic jersey. I have a Donald Royal and a Nick Anderson too.

A TO Eagles jersey.

Not that bad of a purchase though since he actually signed my jersey the day he was doing situps in his driveway after getting kicked out of camp. But sucks I only got to wear it for a season.

I got a Philly T.O. jersey too (The Black one w/green trim) :cheers
Wear it all the time too.... Will NEVER buy a Cowboys jersey, EVER!!!!!

roach23

Banned

I got a Philly T.O. jersey too (The Black one w/green trim) :cheers
Wear it all the time too.... Will NEVER buy a Cowboys jersey, EVER!!!!!

TO is the first and probably only cowboy that i semi cheer for. Love that guy.

Personally, I have only made two jersey purchases. I bought a Moss (Pats) jersey last year and a Bruschi jersey. I guess the Moss is the worst purchase...because the Bruschi jersey fits better. Plus, a Bruschi jersey will be okay to wear to Gillette long after the guy has retired. But I'm still happy with both of them.

Now, my sister had to pull 3 Damon jersies out from under the Christmas tree, unwrap them and return them one year. That sucked. Damon ruined Christmas!!

mbtbnk

EOG Member

Also a T.O. Eagles Jersey (White)