ANY GARDENERS AT EOG?

If so I have a deck that get direct sunlight most of the day....it is hard to find a plant that can take the heat and doesn't require watering everyday. I have a few that I can use, but any new ideas would be great.

Any suggestion?

PS....fuck you HITDOGG.....IN ADVANCE!!!:houra

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: ANY GARDENERS AT EOG?

love gardening, all the colors. (save the gay jokes)

'maters' going in today.

YEAH IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE FOR TOMATOES AND I LOVE THEM.....BUT THIS DECK IS RIGHT OFF MY KITCHEN/DINNING AREA...
TOMATOES AREN'T A PRETTY PLANT!!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Sandy based soil plants, not many to choose from, Tony maybe a hose with a timer.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Love gardening as well.....May'n may I suggest a cayenne pepper plant. The red peppers radiate in the sun light. Dry them puppies out grind em up and you got fresh cayenne pepper to spice up your meals.

another homo gardner checking in:LMAO

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Try using "moisture crystals" or a container mix that has the crystals included. I know that Fafard makes one.
drought resistant plants...
Purslane is one among many.

Nemesia

fancy Calendulas
you can eat it too..

California poppies

If so I have a deck that get direct sunlight most of the day....it is hard to find a plant that can take the heat and doesn't require watering everyday. I have a few that I can use, but any new ideas would be great.

Any suggestion?

quote]

Since every plant I see out my window falls into this category, I'd have to recommend palm trees and cactus.

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Damn it Tony, you got me before I could JOKE.....And yes this post needs to go to the GAY section.....lol

Hitdogg

try some marijuana plants.....

Took the words right out of my mouth, try Blueberry by DJ Short, this sun loving Indica variety does very well in all climates below the 50th parallel, unrivaled in both growth rate and bud production when placed in full open sun.

Hope that helps you out.

munson15

I want winners...

Since we're on the topic, any ideas how to keep weeds out of a small area that grows some ground cover (pachysandra). The weeds are choking off the plant I'm trying to have grow in. I put lots of water on them, and they did take, but the weeds are all over them. Help!

Since we're on the topic, any ideas how to keep weeds out of a small area that grows some ground cover (pachysandra). The weeds are choking off the plant I'm trying to have grow in. I put lots of water on them, and they did take, but the weeds are all over them. Help!

I used to work at a hardware store where I had to get to know the fertilizers a little bit and the gardners who used to come in my store would use weed and feed. I feeds the good stuff but kills the bad. Just a thought.

munson15

I want winners...

I used to work at a hardware store where I had to get to know the fertilizers a little bit and the gardners who used to come in my store would use weed and feed. I feeds the good stuff but kills the bad. Just a thought.
I thought that was just for grass, but it's worth a try, thanks!:cheers

ballwonder

EOG Master

Any suggestion?

PS....fuck you HITDOGG.....IN ADVANCE!!!:houra

Hibiscus tony, tropical plant, you can bring in the water, loves the heat and sun, does not liked to be watered every day, more like 3-4 days. I have two, orange and pink, nice looking on the deck during the summer. They bloom daily and only bloom for a day, then that bloom dies and more appear.

When they say you can re-seed within 2 weeks, that doesn't mean that the pachysandra will be harmed also, correct? Sounds like this stuff is what I need. I'll have to go to a competitor to buy it.:rolleyes:

Well if you have a hardware store don't you think your customers may need it too? It may be of your best interest to put it on your self. I was the Inventory Clerk for Scotty's for 6 years, only reason I know about it.

munson15

I want winners...

Well if you have a hardware store don't you think your customers may need it too? It may be of your best interest to put it on your self. I was the Inventory Clerk for Scotty's for 6 years, only reason I know about it.
Already asked my guy that does the ordering, thanks!:+textinb3

Do you think the regular "weed-b-gone" for lawns would work?

Already asked my guy that does the ordering, thanks!:+textinb3

Do you think the regular "weed-b-gone" for lawns would work?

It would work but grass is tougher than flowers and it may actually burn your flowers.

munson15

I want winners...

It would work but grass is tougher than flowers and it may actually burn your flowers.
Pachysandra is pretty hardy, though, right? Sorry for all the questions, I want to do this quickly and our order won't come in until next Tuesday. I might have a heart attack if I actually walk into a Home Depot!:fainting:

Pachysandra is pretty hardy, though, right? Sorry for all the questions, I want to do this quickly and our order won't come in until next Tuesday. I might have a heart attack if I actually walk into a Home Depot!:fainting:

Well the way I read it is that once this does get growing it is suppose to eliminate wedding. So I would think it could probably take it just don't concentrate it too much in one spot.

Home Depot they would take your pic and hang it up. See even he shops here!:+textinb3

munson15

I want winners...

Well the way I read it is that once this does get growing it is suppose to eliminate wedding. So I would think it could probably take it just don't concentrate it too much in one spot.

Home Depot they would take your pic and hang it up. See even he shops here!:+textinb3
Thanks for the advice, and you're right, I don't want to be an advertisement for them!:rolleyes: