Favorite "Real" Charity

I made some picks at Wimbledon earlier this week and said for a wrong pick I would donate $25 to a charity and I did have 1 wrong. I picked Clement over Schuettler and Clement lost in 5 sets, so I have some donating to do.

I would like feedback from EOG which charity I should send the check to. It has to be a real charity and if Shrink doesn't mind I will donate it in the name of EOG. Please post your favorite "real" charity and which ever has the most votes on Monday morning at 9:00am Central is where I will send the money.

Only one vote per person.

Re: Favorite "Real" Charity

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">St. Jude's
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Sure is a nice thought on your part.
ASPCA - American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

I'm still raising money in the aftermath of Katrina,

Katrina works at one of the clubs on Industrial Blvd. and I still haven't paid off my bill.

The VFW Foundation.
Garnering "Best in Class" ratings.

We're proud to announce that the VFW Foundation has recently received ratings from two national organizations that study and evaluate charities all over the country: Charity Navigator, and the Independent Charities of America (ICA).
"2-Star Rating" from Charity Navigator. The VFW Foundation received two stars from Charity Navigator (www.charitynavigator.org) , indicating that we excel - as compared to other charities in America.
"Best in America" from ICA. We've also recently received "Best In America" seal of approval recognition from the Independent Charities of America - one of only 1,500 awarded out of more than 50,000 charities in the U.S. - for either meeting or exceeding the rigorous standards set by the National Council of Nonprofit Organizations.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

mofome

Banned

hard to name just one, but we donate to the purple heart each month.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

My nephew was diagnosed with Diabetes @ 18 months old - that was 9 years ago

This is a "disease" that affects far too many people not to have a cure for - one that affects people until the day they die

They are VERY worthy of consideration

Type 1 Diabetes: Dedicated to Finding a Cure : Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International

Very true... my friends sister has it and it seems like its hell. Ron Santo talks about it all the time and the Cubs raise a bunch of money for that foundation.... For me though my favorite is the Jimmy V Foundation, 100% of profits go towards finding a cure for cancer

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way
Charlotte, NC 28270-4415

Kristen Modafferi went missing on 6/23/97. She was 3 weeks past her 18th birthday making her an adult in the eyes of the law. If she would have went missing 3 weeks early the local, state, and FBI would have been involved in the search because she would have been considered a child.

But the Modafferi's were told adults are allowed to go missing and the police did nothing to help.

The foundation gives financial assistance to families of missing adults thru missing persons fliers, billboards, private investigators amoung other things.

Here is a video that ABC did on the dissapearance and it explains the problems families of missing adults face.
Kristen Modafferi on Primetime Live

It's a small charity and any donation is considered significant. And for every $5 donation they send you a braclet of your choice. I donated money to this charity for mothers day and everything turned out good.

Here is the website to donate too and pick out your braclets.
Home: The Kristen Foundation

mofome

Banned

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way
Charlotte, NC 28270-4415

Kristen Modafferi went missing on 6/23/97. She was 3 weeks past her 18th birthday making her an adult in the eyes of the law. If she would have went missing 3 weeks early the local, state, and FBI would have been involved in the search because she would have been considered a child.

But the Modafferi's were told adults are allowed to go missing and the police did nothing to help.

The foundation gives financial assistance to families of missing adults thru missing persons fliers, billboards, private investigators amoung other things.

Here is a video that ABC did on the dissapearance and it explains the problems families of missing adults face.

It's a small charity and any donation is considered significant. And for every $5 donation they send you a braclet of your choice. I donated money to this charity for mothers day and everything turned out good.

:cheers

5 star bomb

EOG Master

The Kristen Foundation
2330 Bonnie Butler Way
Charlotte, NC 28270-4415

wow just watched that video... very sad. I hate hearing stories like that

mofome

Banned

my fam and i are adopting a dog this week. we just went to check some out.

:D

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

?REAL CHARITY? is found in the personal time donated in directly assisting the needs of others...not tossing tokens at them.

?REAL CHARITY? is found in the personal time donated in directly assisting the needs of others...not tossing tokens at them.

I agree with this and donate my time most weekends to homeless animals; however, I can also tell you that the group I belong to greatly appreciates any and all monetary donations as well. Feeding large homeless dogs can get pricey!

I already teach a youth group at our church, coach a 12U baseball team for no compensation. Volunteer at several local schools when they need me. And once a month take my 3 children to a local soup kitchen to help with a dinner serving.

Sorry If wanting to give a few bucks on top of that and the money I alreay give to charities llike St Jude's Children Hospital offends people.

I already teach a youth group at our church, coach a 12U baseball team for no compensation. Volunteer at several local schools when they need me. And once a month take my 3 children to a local soup kitchen to help with a dinner serving.

Sorry If wanting to give a few bucks on top of that and the money I alreay give to charities llike St Jude's Children Hospital offends people.

Shouldn't offend anyone. Like I said, every nonprofit organization needs both volunteers AND $$$
Cheers to you for doing a good thing :cheers

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Do you all know what would be nice............

If we could get management to open or designate a trustworthy caretaker of a charity account for EOG.

A sticky thread would be put up. Donations could be taken all year and they wouldn't have to be substantial, a few bucks here, a couple of dollars there, etc.We have alot of contests, if the winner were politely urged/reminded to send in just $5 or so of their winnings, that would help. Perhaps a few who hit a king sized parlay, (with divine intervention help), would want to share a very small portion of those winnings. Maybe over the holidays, some would just want to give a bit.

A thread could be established with one vote for a favorite charity per member. At the end of the year, the top 3 charities could divvy up the spoils.

Just a thought.