5tps "ON THE RADAR hall of famer" thread. Today's HOF candidate: GARRETT ANDERSON

If Anderson DOES make it to 3,000 hits, what would be the precedent for keeping him out?

He will have hit 3,000 hits with some power, and while putting some time in at the CF slot. He's not a banjo hitter who hung around.

Was 35 to start the season and has 2288 hits.

If he is playing at 40 he should have a good shot at 3000 hits.

650 hits in 5 years is well below his career average.

mofome

Banned
Re: 5tps "ON THE RADAR hall of famer" thread. Today's HOF candidate: GARRETT ANDERSON

:nono

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: 5tps "ON THE RADAR hall of famer" thread. Today's HOF candidate: GARRETT ANDERSON

If Anderson DOES make it to 3,000 hits, what would be the precedent for keeping him out?

He will have hit 3,000 hits with some power, and while putting some time in at the CF slot. He's not a banjo hitter who hung around.

NO

There - that was simple

he will be on the HOF ballot for ONE year and when he fails to get the minimum number of votes will be dropped off forever

he will be lucky to be playing baseball in the 2010 season let alone 2013 or later. if he plays next season i'd be stunned if it is with the Angels

his contract runs out after this year and the Angels will not bring him back at the 2B digit millions he is making - buying him out for a few million

NO PRAYER of going to the HOF unless he buys tickets to see it

he is also one of the world's biggest ASSHOLES to ALL he encounters - including the media - the same ones who vote people into the HOF

Albert Belle was a much better player than GA but because Belle pissed off the media he has NO PRAYER of ever making the HOF even though he belongs in. Garrett will NEVER SNIFF the HOF because he doesn't deserve it and won't be given a charity case like Scooter Rizutto and Bill Maz - NEITHER belonging in the HOF but both somehow got in

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

This really really made me LAUGH OUT LOUD........Your starting to make a mockery of us posters......Garrett Anderson shouldnt be in the Angels Hall of Fame.....

munson15

I want winners...

I think of him as Paul O'Neill with one ring instead of 5, no way a player with decent power, marginal speed, .295 average, and zero Gold Gloves gets in, 3000 hits or no.

One-tool players don't deserve to make it.

Winky is right about Albert Belle. One of the best hitters of our generation.

Apple

Banned

No way and I am a big fan of his.. He is clutch

rjt721

EOG Master

3000?

He might not get to 2500.

No chance at the Hall.

7-18-08

Had a nice 4 for 4 night. 2295 hits on the career.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD>137</TD><TD align=left>Garret Anderson</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>#137 on the ALL TIME HIT LIST.

Shoing no signs of slowing down.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This really really made me LAUGH OUT LOUD........Your starting to make a mockery of us posters......Garrett Anderson shouldnt be in the Angels Hall of Fame.....

Sorry we big time disagree here

GA 100% DOES belong in the Angels HOF and you saw what i thought of his HOF chances

i was sitting down the RF line in the 400 level of Anaheim Stadium for G7 of the 2002 WS - about 25 feet in foul ground - when GA cleared the bases with a double to make it 4-1....the eventual final score

GA for THE HOF: NO
GA for the Angels' HOF: 100% YES

looking to crack the top 100 all-time and pass HOF'er jime Rice
2 hits today..

<TABLE class=leaders_table><TBODY><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>101.</TD><TD>Jim Rice+ </TD><TD align=right>2452</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>102.</TD><TD>Red Schoendienst+ </TD><TD align=right>2449</TD><TD align=right>B</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>103.</TD><TD>Dwight Evans </TD><TD align=right>2446</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>103.</TD><TD>Garrett Anderson (37)</TD><TD align=right>2446</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>105.</TD><TD>Mark Grace</TD><TD align=right>2445</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Teddy kgb

Banned

The O.C. Register has not mentioned this guy since he left for Atlanta, in contrast they Talk about Mark Texeria everyday like he was the one here for 12yrs and not two months.

Anderson = clutch....big fan here.

Integrity

EOG Master

I think Garrett Anderson is gonna be one of those guys that you have to be better than in order to make it to the Hall.

The guy is a solid pro and has one of the smoothest swings around. If he gets 3,000, he gets in, but I'm thinking he finishes around 2750 and falls just short of the Hall.

Classy guy tho...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I think Garrett Anderson is gonna be one of those guys that you have to be better than in order to make it to the Hall.

The guy is a solid pro and has one of the smoothest swings around. If he gets 3,000, he gets in, but I'm thinking he finishes around 2750 and falls just short of the Hall.

Classy guy tho...

GA has NO CHANCE to make it to 3,000...........he is DONE and shoulda retired this season. he has at most one more year left after this one and the oNLY reason he is playing now is to try and show the Angels they were wrong for letting him go (even though they weren't)

as for GA being a "classy guy".................i will take it you never met him. if you did - you wouldn't have said what you said about him

GA is a HORSE'S ASS

Lazy, he describes the word Lazy...

I despise his blazeh attitude.

Integrity

EOG Master

GA has NO CHANCE to make it to 3,000...........he is DONE and shoulda retired this season. he has at most one more year left after this one and the oNLY reason he is playing now is to try and show the Angels they were wrong for letting him go (even though they weren't)

as for GA being a "classy guy".................i will take it you never met him. if you did - you wouldn't have said what you said about him

GA is a HORSE'S ASS

You're right, I have never met him. And it may be wrong to label guys "classy" that only appear to be based on how you see them conduct themselves in the media, on the field, etc...

Have you met him then? Is he really THAT bad?

Please, do share...

mofome

Banned

G Anderson and winky play tummy sticks in the hot tub

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/anderson-consistent-during-100772.html
Anderson consistent during Braves' winning stretch

By CARROLL ROGERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
8:41 p.m. Saturday, July 25, 2009
Milwaukee ? Garret Anderson isn?t as flashy as Yunel Escobar and hasn?t caused quite the stir of Martin Prado, but he has given the Braves a nice lift during their recent stretch of success.
Anderson hit .455 (10-for-22) on their recent 6-2 homestand and backed that up with a 3-for-5 night in the series opener against the Brewers on Friday night.
As the Braves were winning 10 of their past 14 games, Anderson was hitting .349 (15-for-43) with two homers, four doubles and six RBIs.
That got him up to .293 on the season, which is about right for a career .296 hitter.
?Just playing is fun,? said Anderson, who hit only .200 in April after missing time with both a calf injury coming out of spring training and later a quadriceps strain. ?The way I started the season off, being hurt and not playing well, the thing that bothered me most is that I just couldn?t get on the field for those two weeks and having some nagging things.?
Casey Kotchman, who was a teammate of Anderson with the Angels and has known him since Kotchman was a kid, said this is what he would expect from Anderson.
?He?s always hit,? Kotchman said. ?You wouldn?t expect anything different. He and Manny Ramirez are the only guys to hit .280 [or better] for the last 14 years. That?s pretty consistent. You just don?t hear a whole lot about him, being on the west coast for so long, and he?s quiet. He doesn?t seek attention.?
Anderson missed the first part of spring training because he signed late (Feb. 24) and after hurting his calf, rushed back for the start of the season.
?You have an artificial deadline to get on the field by Opening Day because you want to be out there,? Kotchman said. ?The game is hard enough when you feel good.?

Gonzalez says he?s ready
Reliever Mike Gonzalez saw marked improvement overnight in the bone bruise on his left forearm and declared himself ready to pitch Saturday.
Originally the Braves had wanted Gonzalez to wait until Sunday before even playing catch and to hold him out until the Marlins series that starts Tuesday. But an anti-inflammatory patch helped reduce the swelling to the point where Gonzalez was ready to throw in the bullpen Saturday, and he felt confident he would be able to pitch Saturday night.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/mojomike/195623

Is Garrett Anderson a hall-of-famer?
Filed under: AtlantaBraves GarrettAnderson LosAngelesAngels MLB NBA

Jul 27, 2009 04:11 PM

Atlanta Braves' Garret Anderson celebrates with his teammates after hitting a home run in the second inning of a baseball game against the New York Mets in Atlanta, Thursday, July 16, 2009. Atlanta won 5-3. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

Is Garrett Anderson a hall-of-famer? That was a question that was raised during a Braves game by the Atlanta Braves announcers on the PeachTreeTV network a week or so ago. The announcers seemed to think he was a hall-of-famer, one even said he is a "near lock". I personally just don't think hall-of-fame when I see Garrett Anderson. Admittedly, I have not looked at his overall numbers or accomplishments just yet. But, my first instinct is no.

After looking up the raw numbers, the awards he won, and other general things people look at when determining hall-of-fame worthiness, I think my opinion has stayed the same.

Here are the numbers/accomplishments:

2090 games
1050 runs
2446 hits
505 doubles
35 triples
279 homeruns
1329 RBIs
413 base on balls
.296 average
.327 OPS
.467 slugging

-Three time all-star, one all-star MVP
-Rookie of the Year (Sportingnews)
-Two time silver slugger award winner
-Home run derby winner
-Angels record holder for career RBIs, RBIs in single game (10), most games in a row with an RBI (12)
-World Series champion

So, Anderson is 44th on the all-time doubles list and he could really move up this list in a hurry. I can see him getting in the upper 20's if he plays another season, which I think he will. He is 85th all-time in RBIs, 103rd in hits, and 94th in total bases with 3858.

We have to assume, considering he is hitting .292 and is still productive this year, that he still has at least 1.5 years left in the tank to pad his final stats. So, what is your verdict? Hall-of-famer, or just solid career?

This guy is bad....

He is terrible..

HR: ATL - G. Anderson (12)

BOO YOW 284 career....

ATL - G. Anderson (13),

#285 of his career....

just got hit ##2503

batting .400 on the year!!!

hope he can make a mockery of the 3,000 hit club someday....\

Anderson singled to right, Belliard scored.