This Season Will Probably Be 49ers' QB Alex Smith's Last Chance To Impress

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
With the addition of Bryant Johnson from Arizona, and Mike Martz as Offensive Coordinator, this season should provide enough help & pretty much tell the tale of Alex Smith & what he's made of.............

mofome

Banned
Re: This Season Will Probably Be 49ers' QB Alex Smith's Last Chance

One of the most comical NFL draft picks of all time.

:houra

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I absolutely agree with this...I am a die-hard Niner fan and hope he can improve on the season he had a couple of years ago. Never have understood why they felt he was warranted to be a number 1 overall pick...granted the pool for decent qb's wasn't very large but they could have waited another year imo. I really liked what I saw out of hill last year when filling in though.

If ever there was a SYSTEM QB, Alex Smith was it. Career backup.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I'd go with Shaun Hill as the starter as well......

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: This Season Will Probably Be 49ers' QB Alex Smith's Last Chance To Impress

He will go down as one of the worst busts ever. Small program, played within a system that does not even come close to resembling a pro offense, let alone the 49ers. They should have drafted Rodgers. I hope he finally gets his chance instead of old man Favre throwing the ball up for grabs every other down. I will take the probably out, and say yes, it is his last, and no, he is not even a back up. 49ers set themselves back for some time with that pick.

OF...:pop:

J

joeybagadonuts

I absolutely agree with this...I am a die-hard Niner fan and hope he can improve on the season he had a couple of years ago. Never have understood why they felt he was warranted to be a number 1 overall pick...granted the pool for decent qb's wasn't very large but they could have waited another year imo. I really liked what I saw out of hill last year when filling in though.

As a fellow life long niner fan, this post is dead on. makes me sick to think that they drafted this clown.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

As a fellow life long niner fan, this post is dead on. makes me sick to think that they drafted this clown.

When they drafted him over Rodgers I almost put my foot through the plasma. If there was ever a QB that was a NCAA QB, and that was his peak, this was the kid.

OF...:mad:

Journeyman

EOG Master

I couldn't believe they hype than and for a split second Smith and SF seemed to be turning it around...but after last yrs 'no score offense', I'm surprised he has any chance left.

Another sign the QB position around the NFL is pretty weak (in this era) the position gets harder and harder to do well in...this is why you bleed every possible snap from a guy like Favre...Mia and SF long for those good ole QBing days.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Alex Smith is only half a notch above the another Niner top QB pick from the past in Jim Druckenmiller.

That is not saying a whole great deal..........