Anyone else have problems with their Monthly Windows Update ?????

Was here posting on the forum when my updates got thru running, and then the option comes up for me to restart my computer now or later......

went ahead and closed all my windows and restarted the computer and then ended up spending the last hour trying to get connected back to the internet

Had to run a system restore back to Monday and now the computer is running LIGHTNING FAST

WTF???

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Anyone else have problems with their Monthly Windows Update ?????

my windows update goes in 28 seconds...

Good luck FK. May the force be with you sir 12io4j2w90

Anyone else have problems with their Monthly Windows Update ?????

Mine is two weeks late this month. It's never late. Should I be worried and see my doctor?

My computer at home was acting funky last week. My mom had to come over and get our network up and running again. It kept trying to connect me to dial up through my cell phone.:+clueless

My updates at my home computer went fine. My work is also working great.

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

The windows update pisses me off to no end. You know restart now or later pop up shows up one day. I know you don't believe me but while at work, sometimes I just can't restart now because I have part forming simulations running in the back ground while I spew out drivel to you guys. These simulations regularly take 4 to 5 hours to run and I just can't stop them for a crappy windows update, so I click the later button only to have the fucking thing pop up every 10 minutes until I finally give in and jam a welding rod in my eyes.

Another thing that pisses me off about windows is the office programs like word, excel, access, etc will automatically change the primary color of text to the color you have chosen for your desktop. I have asked how to fix this and the IT GUYS just laff their fat asses at me and tell me to suck it because they can't change it.

Lather, rinse, repeat this morning as well.

For some reason, I cannot access the internet after running this update. Went in last night and even switched it from express update to custom update to make sure the things I was updating were needed.

Ran the updates before turning in for the night last night, got up this morning and COULD NOT connect to the internet. Had to run system restore again, damn things FREEZES up in the middle of it, so had to actually run the restore TWICE

1 1/2 hours messing with this stuff just to get connected to the net

What am I missing here???

ballwonder

EOG Master

Mine updated last night and had no problems.

no problem , windows vista ultimate , went to shut down yesterday and saw the updates. shut down and restarted with no problem

ballwonder

EOG Master

Ego dont forget though I use a commodore 64 and still runs great.

I miss my old commodore 64 :smoke

RageWizard

EOG Senior Member

Same here and not a bit of issues.

Vista (anything) is a memory hog and doesn't work well with other high end solfware especially if said software requires lots of memory space to do its job. I hope microsoft chokes on it one day but sadly they won't.