Iran test-fires more missiles in Persian Gulf

Re: Iran test-fires more missiles in Persian Gulf

The report came hours after Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned Iran that Washington will not back down in the face of threats against Israel.
"We are sending a message to Iran that we will defend American interests and the interests of our allies," Rice said Thursday in Georgia at the close of a three-day Eastern European trip.

Did I miss something somehow? When did Iran get nukes? How many times has Iran invaded other nations? How many national governments has Iran interfered with or attempted to change? What proof is there that Iran is a sponsor of terror?

http://forums.eog.com/politics-government/145490-what-crock.html

You know Dawg, I always enjoy reading about your views and insights, but when you post lines like the one above it sucks, tell us what you know.

Iran will simply not attack Israel. Not with missiles, anyway. The US controls ALL of the airspace surrounding Iran. Iran can't send up a kite without the US knowing about it and knocking it out of the sky.

These tests are no more than empty chest beating by the Iranians. They know just as well as we do, that launching a missile attack at Israel or any US base in the area would be fruitless and would lead to the utter destruction of Iran.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/06/19/mccain_iran/

But while Ahmadinejad's bluster pays dividends for him in the Arab and Muslim street, and perhaps helps to distract the Iranian people from the painful economic problems that have compounded under his presidency, in reality it is no realistic reflection of Iranian foreign policy. Even if Ahmadinejad were really intent on waging war against Israel, he has no real power or authority to do so: He is not the commander in chief of Iran's military; the supreme leader is. If Iran ever were to build a nuclear weapon, it would not be its president's finger on the button, it would be its supreme leader's. Ayatollah Khamenei has made it clear that Iran will never attack another country first, and it is certainly in its interest not to do so. Every Iranian official, and all the clerics including the supreme leader, know full well that an attack on Israel will mean suicide for the regime (if not the country more widely) -- and the No. 1 priority, especially for the clerics, is to maintain the continuity of the regime.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Israel is shaking in its boots...especially about the FAKE photos NBC is saying Iran used to show missiles that were 4- years old(the photos!) .Spy....Israel is planning the next terror attack on America, its chief ally and benefactor...and hasn't time for the "Persian Menace" yet!! The Mossad is planning it now!!! Hold your breath and wait!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Spy, I know you WISH Iran could wipe out Israel...and do it..but Iran is a paper tiger with the teeth of a 90-year old grandma!!! A missile barrage by Iran(doubtful) would lead to the END of the Persians on Earth!!(which is ok by me!!!) Get back on that bong!!!

Spy, I know you WISH Iran could wipe out Israel...and do it..but Iran is a paper tiger with the teeth of a 90-year old grandma!!! A missile barrage by Iran(doubtful) would lead to the END of the Persians on Earth!!(which is ok by me!!!) Get back on that bong!!!

No bias in that statement, he just wishes death on every Persian on Earth.

If anyone were to make a statement that said, "A missile barrage by Israel(doubtful) would lead to the END of the Jews on Earth!!(which is ok by me!!!)", Harvey would become very mad, and very vocal,very fast.

Harvey thinks he is the only one that is allowed to openly hate without anyone reacting.

mr merlin

EOG Master

No bias in that statement, he just wishes death on every Persian on Earth.

If anyone were to make a statement that said, "A missile barrage by Israel(doubtful) would lead to the END of the Jews on Earth!!(which is ok by me!!!)", Harvey would become very mad, and very vocal,very fast.

Harvey thinks he is the only one that is allowed to openly hate without anyone reacting.
Cmon man, stop with the nonsense talk - no normal person wants to kill all the jews on the planet... now the muslims on the other hand....let me brew on it.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

OK to hate ALL the Jews in the world...we get back at you by ...living well and being smarter than YOU and SPY!!! Yes I ADMIT I am biased against those who would attack America and Israel!! You and Spy can be biased against those that would attack Iran. Ok with me. That's fair!!!YAWN!!! I said ALL because how would anyone be able to separate the innocent Iranians from the "evil'do'ers" when the return salvo of missiles came Teheran's way??? Look I KNOW many people hate the 14 million Jews left in the world.....and that's THEIR problem. I could care less!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Another difference here is that Israel is our staunchest ally in the ME-and it's fighting Islamo-fascistic terrorism. Iran is one of the chief supporters of terrorism in the ME-and finances Hamas, and Hezbollah...the later is interested in EXPANDING its terror tentacles into America! I wouldn't expect you or Spy to get this!!!

Another difference here is that Israel is our staunchest ally in the ME-and it's fighting Islamo-fascistic terrorism. Iran is one of the chief supporters of terrorism in the ME-and finances Hamas, and Hezbollah...the later is interested in EXPANDING its terror tentacles into America! I wouldn't expect you or Spy to get this!!!

Baaaaa.......Baaaaaaa.........my name is Harvey, I run with the flock.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

What the flock are you blathering about?? Get off the strong meds, take a cold shower, and come back, leaving beastiality out of this! You make no sense!! YAWN!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

It's simple...like you...one nation fights terrorism....one nation, IRAN,supports terrorism! Why would most Americans(JEW -HATERS aside) have empathy for a supporter and purveyor of terrorism,which is exactly what Iran is??? Spy, of course, supports the terrorists when compared to Israel! To him , Israel is responsible for every hangnail and hemmorhoid any Arab may ever have!!!

Another difference here is that Israel is our staunchest ally in the ME

Israel has no allies, Israel stands alone against the world, they sign no treaties, they support no other countries, there has never been a formal agreement with America, they never send troops or money to support any other nations (this includes America), they refuse to let a impartial press report what is taking place inside their boarders, Israel refuses to sign a nuclear non-proliferation agreement, they thumb their nose at the world, they act just like you Harvey, is that where you learned all your bad habits?

The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, also Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT or NNPT) is a treaty to limit the spread of nuclear weapons, opened for signature on July 1, 1968. There are currently 189 countries party to the treaty, five of which have nuclear weapons: the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and the People's Republic of China (the permanent members of the UN Security Council) .
Only four recognized sovereign states are not parties to the treaty: India, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea. India and Pakistan both possess and have openly tested nuclear bombs. Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program. North Korea acceded to the treaty, violated it, and later withdrew.

opacity, by definition,

A policy of deliberate ambiguity (also known as a policy of strategic ambiguity) is the practice by a nation of being intentionally ambiguous on certain aspects of its foreign policy or whether it possesses certain weapons of mass destruction. It may be useful if they have contrary foreign and domestic policy goals, or if they want to take advantage of risk aversion to abet a deterrence strategy.

Such a policy can be very risky as it may cause misinterpretation of a nation's intentions, leading to actions that contradict that nation's wishes.

nice company you keep
Only four recognized sovereign states are not parties to the treaty: India, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

i dont belive anything i read anymore from the gov. its just the writing on the wall were attacking iran , ive alwith said prolly b/f the election . dont forget whos in charge if u will , a butcher from texas.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

This is old news...The LIBERTY was SPYING ON ISRAEL!!!! That's the facts..even a Jew-basher like Spy will admit it....maybe not...but it is a FACT....that's why the US govnt did its best to sweep the incident under the carpet...because it was GUILTY OF SPYING ON ISRAEL!!! YAWN!! FART!!! NAP!!! YOUR FLAG SYMBOLISM PROVES NOTHING HERE!!

This is old news...The LIBERTY was SPYING ON ISRAEL!!!! That's the facts..even a Jew-basher like Spy will admit it....maybe not...but it is a FACT....that's why the US govnt did its best to sweep the incident under the carpet...because it was GUILTY OF SPYING ON ISRAEL!!! YAWN!! FART!!! NAP!!! YOUR FLAG SYMBOLISM PROVES NOTHING HERE!!

Lets use some harvey logic, harvey claims that the United States was spying on Israel when Israel attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, harvey also claims that the spying was covered up by the U.S. government in an attempt to avoid the embarrassment of a spy scandal on their part.

Maybe harvey can explain why this spy scandal on Israels part is being covered up in America?

Lawrence Franklin espionage scandal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content --> The Lawrence Franklin espionage scandal (also known as the AIPAC espionage scandal) refers to allegations that information regarding United States policy towards Iran was passed to Israel through Lawrence Franklin via staffers of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. Franklin, a former Defense Department employee, has pleaded guilty to several espionage-related charges and was sentenced in January 2006 to nearly thirteen years of prison. Two former AIPAC employees have also been indicted.
The investigation and prosecutions, which began in 1999, have attracted attention because critics of U.S. Israeli policy have claimed AIPAC has served as a conduit for Israel?s spying efforts with near impunity due to its powerful connections in Washington. Franklin's indictment mentioned but did not name several foreign diplomats, widely believed to be Israeli, as being involved with his efforts.

The spin harvey puts on this should be interesting, no doubt some lame ass story about how there can be no spying between allies, and that's why the aipac/franklin defendants should be released.

And Jonathan Pollard, he should be free too?

Jonathan Jay Pollard (born August 7, 1954 in Galveston, Texas) is a convicted Israeli spy and a former United States Naval civilian intelligence analyst. Pollard waived the right to trial in return for restrictions on sentencing, pleaded guilty and was convicted on one count of spying for Israel,<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> receiving a life sentence in 1986 with a recommendation against parole. Israel publicly denied that Pollard was an Israeli spy until 1998, when he was granted Israeli citizenship.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> He was incarcerated at the federal penitentiary in Marion, Illinois in solitary confinement for seven years, then transferred to Butner Federal Correctional Institution in North Carolina.<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>

Also, it should be pointed out that, that to think that the U.S. government would elevate the honor of those that ordered the Liberty's mission to a status above the death and maiming of her sailors and ultimately her sinking is absurd at best.

You sir should be ashamed of yourself for making such a statement.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

When you say Israel has no allies and friends in the world, it just proves what a delusional fool you are! Your own words do you in!! Thanks, though for the pretty flag symbolism!! Red. white and blue, together ARE my favorite colors!!As Israel never has admitted having nukes, how or why should it sign a non-proliferation treaty??? What is higher, your IQ or your age???

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

The Liberty was spying on Israel! It is a fact you will never admit to...like I give a rat's ass about that ..or you??? Again, for a slow thinker like you, that's why the US government shut up about the whole thing!! It was an embarrassment to have been spying on your ally!!! All your cut and paste bullcrap is meaningless. I've got to go and take a Diggin' and then wipe my Gold!!!

Last edited:

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

When you say Israel has no allies and friends in the world, it just proves what a delusional fool you are! Your own words do you in!! Thanks, though for the pretty flag symbolism!! Red. white and blue, together ARE my favorite colors!!As Israel never has admitted having nukes, how or why should it sign a non-proliferation treaty??? What is higher, your IQ or your age???

How do his own words do him in?Israel has very few allies whose arms aren't twisted in UN votes on resolutions against it by the US,were it left to them on their own how would the vote go?
Just because Israel has never admitted to having nukes doesn't mean they don't have them[as is well known],the rest of your response doesn't have a reasonable answer.

harvey has no fact to support his claims, his only recourse is to launch personal attacks on posters that disagree with him, this is his feeble attempt to save face, in doing so he only serves to show his bias againts anyone not zionist or not supportive of zionist goals.

This type of tactic is taught to those like harvey from the moment their born, it is passed along from generation to generation, it is the thought that they are great and chosen, and everyone else is not (jew vs. goyim), and all that don't support harveys goals are shit.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Correct! and all of yours are correct because you show an anti-Israeli cartoon....something Goebbels and the Nazis did??? You're just jealous that we Jews are smarter and better than you goyim.....you even believe a Jew, Jesus is your Messiah! LMAO!! How smart can you be to believe THAT fairy tale??? HAHAHAHA!!!

Correct! and all of yours are correct because you show an anti-Israeli cartoon....something Goebbels and the Nazis did??? You're just jealous that we Jews are smarter and better than you goyim.....you even believe a Jew, Jesus is your Messiah! LMAO!! How smart can you be to believe THAT fairy tale??? HAHAHAHA!!!

more of the same, you need to feel impowered in all facets of your life, you have a need to be right even when wrong, tact and diplomacy go out the window to achieve this end, you are not capable of talking to those who oppose you, you attack first and foremost, the reason you attack so quickly is because it is taught to you from birth, you know no other way.

harvey has no fact to support his claims, his only recourse is to launch personal attacks on posters that disagree with him, this is his feeble attempt to save face, in doing so he only serves to show his bias againts anyone not zionist or not supportive of zionist goals.

This type of tactic is taught to those like harvey from the moment their born, it is passed along from generation to generation, it is the thought that they are great and chosen, and everyone else is not (jew vs. goyim), and all that don't support harveys goals are shit.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

HSH,
You determined it was an anti-Israeli cartoon,whether it's true or not in 2008 has nothing to do with the Nazi regime.
The cartoon is an opinion about Israels proven[most probably at least 300 warheads]/unproven nukes vs Irans suspected nuclear capabilities[no evidence yet, like Iraq of any],and Iran is a signatory to the NPT, unlike Israel.
Being a "goyim" while I respect the wisdom of the mythical Jesus's teachings,and the value of the lessons imparted in both the old and new testaments it doesn't mean I take everything literally.

Goyishe kupp (goy-ish-sheh kupp) literally, a dumb head or gentile head. Said about someone who doesn't "think like a Jew." Jews, for example, tend to think ahead, analyzing each situation, postulating contingency plans for every possible tragic outcome. This way, they're prepared for any horrible consequence.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Even if what you say is true, the $100+ BILLION in aid that we have given ...earns us the right to "spy."

The figure above does not include corporate or individual contributions.

Even if what you say is true, the $100+ BILLION in aid that we have given ...earns us the right to "spy."

The figure above does not include corporate or individual contributions.

I've always enjoyed your comments and postings ynot, but to say we gave the zionist all that money is being kind, that money was and still is being stolen from America by corrupt politicians who are duel citizens of America and Israel, the money is being stolen through the use of lies and deception, the biggest lie being that the money is a loan and will be paid back, Israel has never repaid a loan it has gotten, the biggest deception is not reporting the details of these loans to the American public for fear of creating massive civil unrest which could lead to the end of the gravy train that the zionists have enjoyed for so long.

You're kidding right?
I can see that this is most likely a waste time discussing.

I'll listen, show me your proof, no name calling, just proof, hard evidence, convince me that they support terrorism.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

I'll listen, show me your proof, no name calling, just proof, hard evidence, convince me that they support terrorism.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="95%">Enjoy the read,
if you believe all of this to be bullshit, that's your business. [I don't]
========================================================

Iran’s history of state sponsored terrorism.

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=70></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-9766921080309398";google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.godlikeproductions.com/altads/medrect.html";google_ad_width = 300;google_ad_height = 250;google_ad_format = "300x250_as";google_ad_type = "text_image";//2007-11-11: godlike_messages_inlgoogle_ad_channel = "1182558570";google_ui_features = "rc:0";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
Iran’s history of state sponsored terrorism is frightening.

Iranian terror continues without stop, just as it has for nearly 3 decades. The nuclear program is real and needs to be dealt with soon.

Since the criminal 1979 storming of the United States embassy in Tehran, Iran’s complicity in horrible terrorist attacks around the world has continued. The US embassy bombings in Kuwait and Lebanon in 1983 along with the US Marine Barracks is well known by Americans.

But how many know of Iran’s support for Ayman al-Zawahiri’s planned Egyptian coup in 1990? Any effort towards peace in the middle East is attacked by Iran. This, according to top al-Qaeda operative Ali Mohamed now in US custody.

Iran met with (eventual) al-Qaeda operatives and Hezbollah at the Popular Arab Islamic Conference meetings held in Sudan after the Gulf War of 1990-1991? Osama Bin (let's kill innocent men women and children) Laden met regularly with Iranians in Sudan for the purposes of uniting attacks against the United States and the Free World.

How many know about Iran’s Satanic Hezbollah training al-Qaeda terrorists in the art of suicide truck bomb operations in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley ahead of the 1998 simultaneous US embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya where more innocent men, women and children were murdered?
Note that the Iranian funded terrorist organization in Lebanon has taken the original Iranian name of Hezbollah.

The 2003 al-Qaeda attacks on three housing complexes in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia were ordered by al-Qaeda commanders Saif al-Adel and Saad bin Laden, operating from within Iran while supposedly under “house arrest.” Their operating fund came directly from Iranian Oil revenue.

Everybody knows that Labanese Hezbollah and Palestinian Hamas are funded and equipped with Iranian money and weapons like the thousands of missiles used to attack innocents in Israel. Those missile attacks have been going on for twenty years now.

Most of the explosives that are used in Iraq to kill men, women and children and American soldiers is provided by Iran. That is a simple proven FACT.

The horrific explosions in Spain, England, Germany and France were partially Iranian funded.

The list goes on and on and on.

Only one country besides Israel has identified the source of bombings and terrorism.

That country was Argentina. There has been a lot of Large Scale Iranian terrorism in Argentina.

There are about a quarter of a million Jews who live in Argentina so it will continue to be a target of Insane Radical Islamic attacks, just like New York City has been. Most Americans are totally oblivious to the Iranian sponsored terrorism all around the world because the smaller attacks don't make the headlines. But some bigger ones did make the headlines. Here are two of them that you might remember.

1992 Iranian Attack on the Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires

The First BIG attack was in Buenos Aires, Argentina and was a bomb attack against Israel's embassy on March 17, 1992. A modified delivery truck, driven by a Radical Islamic suicide bomber and loaded with high explosives, smashed into the front of the Israeli Embassy and detonated, destroying the embassy, a Catholic church, and a nearby elementary school building. There is no doubt in my mind that the Catholic Church and the school were deliberately considered as viable targets because Radical Islam is at war with all infidels no matter what age, sex or faith. Islamic Jihad, allegedly a front for Hezbollah, proudly claimed responsibility for its “Glorious Attack” on the infidels and their children.

The Argentine government subsequently expelled seven Iranian diplomats from the country, stating that it had "Convincing Proof" of criminal Iranian involvement in the horrific bombing, but could not prosecute the Iranians because they were shielded by “Diplomatic Immunity.”

The AMIA Bombing

The AMIA Bombing was an attack on the Asociaci?n Mutual Israelita Argentina building in the capital of Buenos Aires on July 18, 1994, that killed 85 people. It was the deadliest bombing in Argentina's history. On October 25, 2006, Argentine prosecutors formally accused the government of Iran of directing the bombing, and the Hezbollah militia of carrying it out.

Subsequent to these attacks, the Iranians have sponsored attacks against innocent civilian people of Jewish ancestry living throughout Latin America. These attacks have been one by one and have on occasion been made to look like bungled kidnappings of children or robberies that have gone awry. It is so singularly directed one is left with no doubt that it is a continuing attack on the Jewish people just because they are Jewish.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
========================================================
Proof That Tehran Backed Terrorism;

As a former Iranian intelligence officer was providing testimony in a courtroom in Germany detailing operational ties between the September 11 hijackers and the government of Iran, lawyers from the U.S. departments of State and Justice and appeals-court judges in Washington were working hard to overturn a law that has allowed victims of terrorism to sue foreign governments for sponsoring terrorist crimes that have killed Americans.
The measure, known as the "Flatow amendment," was signed into law by President Bill Clinton in October 2000. Terrorism experts believe it has had a sobering effect on terrorist sponsors, including Iran and Libya, because it has made them financially accountable for the crimes of their proxies by awarding damages to victims from frozen assets held in the United States.
<STYLE type=text/css></STYLE><STYLE type=text/css>.fa_inline_results, .fa_inline_results.left { clear: left; margin-right: 20px; margin-top: 10px; width: 220px;}.fa_inline_results.right { margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 0;}.fa_inline_results h4 { margin: 0; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #c3d2dc;}.fa_inline_results ul { list-style-type: disc; list-style-position: inside; color: #3769DD; margin: 0 0 15px; padding: 0;}.fa_inline_results ul li { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.fa_inline_results ul li.title { color: #333; list-style-type: none; font-weight: bold;}.fa_inline_results ul li.articles { color: #333; list-style-type: none;}</STYLE>
<!--mboxdefault1--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>mboxCreate('fa-widgettest');</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://mbox4.offermatica.com/m2/cnet/mbox/standard?mboxHost=findarticles.com&mboxSession=1215813524335-817799&mboxPC=1215813524335-817799.04&mboxPage=1215813798413-280304&mboxXDomain=enabled&mboxCount=1&mbox=fa-widgettest&mboxId=0&mboxURL=http%3A//findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_2004_Feb_16/ai_112938309&mboxReferrer=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS284%26sa%3DX%26oi%3Dspell%26resnum%3D0%26ct%3Dresult%26cd%3D1%26q%3Dproof+that+iran+sponsors+terrorism%26spell%3D1&mboxVersion=32"></SCRIPT>
<!--mboxdefault2--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>mboxCreate('fa-dwredirectt');</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://mbox4.offermatica.com/m2/cnet/mbox/standard?mboxHost=findarticles.com&mboxSession=1215813524335-817799&mboxPC=1215813524335-817799.04&mboxPage=1215813798413-280304&mboxXDomain=enabled&mboxCount=2&mbox=fa-dwredirectt&mboxId=0&mboxURL=http%3A//findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_2004_Feb_16/ai_112938309&mboxReferrer=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS284%26sa%3DX%26oi%3Dspell%26resnum%3D0%26ct%3Dresult%26cd%3D1%26q%3Dproof+that+iran+sponsors+terrorism%26spell%3D1&mboxVersion=32"></SCRIPT><!-- BEGIN WIDGET: FA POPULAR RESULTS --><STYLE type=text/css>.fa_inline_results, .fa_inline_results.left { margin-right: 48px; margin-top: 0; width: 220px; clear: left;}html* .fa_inline_results, .fa_inline_results.left { margin-right: 20px; width: 200px; }.fa_inline_results.right { margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 0;}.fa_inline_results h4 { margin: 0; font-size: 8pt; line-height: 12px; padding-bottom: 4px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #c3d2dc;}.fa_inline_results ul { list-style-type: disc; list-style-position: inside; color: #3769DD; margin: 0 0 15px; padding: 0;}.fa_inline_results ul li { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.fa_inline_results ul li.title { color: #333; list-style-type: none; font-weight: bold;}.fa_inline_results ul li.articles { color: #333; list-style-type: none;}</STYLE>
The simple message of the Flatow amendment is this: If you direct terrorist groups to kill Americans, you will pay. Damage awards to victims from Iranian government assets in the United States in some 50-odd cases now top $3 billion.
Among those victims have been U.S. hostages held in Lebanon, the families of U.S. citizens killed by Iranian government proxies in suicide bombings in Israel and the Palestinian territories, and the families of the 241 U.S. Marines who were killed when an Iranian government agent rammed a truck full of explosives into their barracks outside of the international airport in Beirut on Oct. 23, 1983 [see "Invitation to September 11," Jan. 6-19].
Now the U.S. government, apparently without the consent or knowledge of the Bush White House, is about to engage in what observers call "an act of unilateral disarmament" that will comfort state sponsors of terror, especially Iran. [link]
=======================================================

Does Iran sponsor terrorism?
In March 2006, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said, “Iran
has been the country that has been in many ways a kind of central
banker for terrorism in important regions like Lebanon through
Hezbollah in the Middle East, in the Palestinian Territories, and we
have deep concerns about what Iran is doing in the south of Iraq.”
U.S. Director of National Intelligence Michael McConnell told CFR.org
in June 2007 there is “overwhelming evidence” that Iran supports
terrorists in Iraq and “compelling” evidence that it does the same in
Afghanistan. For these reasons, news reports in August 2007 cited U.S.
officials as saying that the United States would consider adding
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard to the State Department’s list of foreign
terrorist organizations. Iran has repeatedly denied involvement in
helping attacks on U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the popularly elected president, has aroused
controversy by calling for Israel’s elimination but his power is
checked by the Supreme Leader. He has vigorously supported the
country’s nuclear energy program while denying any military
connection, and has emerged as a strong anti-American voice globally.

What terrorist groups are linked to Iran?
U.S. officials say Iran mostly backs Islamist groups, including the
Lebanese Shiite militants of Hezbollah (which Iran helped found in the
1980s) and such Palestinian terrorist groups as Hamas and Palestinian
Islamic Jihad. A few months after Hamas won the Palestinian Authority
(PA) elections in early 2006, Iran pledged $50 million to the near-
bankrupt PA. The United States, among other nations, has cut off aid
to the PA because of Hamas’ terrorist ties.

Iran is suspected of encouraging Hezbollah’s July 2006 attack on
Israel to deflect international attention from its nuclear weapons
program. Iran was also reportedly involved in a Hezbollah-linked
January 2002 attempt to smuggle a boatload of arms to the PA. Some
reports also suggest that Iran’s interference in Iraq has included
funding, safe transit, and arms to insurgent leaders like Muqtada al-
Sadr and his forces.

What terrorist activities have been linked with Iran?
The U.S. government first listed Iran as a terrorist sponsor in 1984.
Among its activities have been the following:
Observers say Iran had prior knowledge of Hezbollah attacks, such as
the 1988 kidnapping and murder of Colonel William Higgins, a U.S.
Marine involved in a UN observer mission in Lebanon, and the 1992 and
1994 bombings of Jewish cultural institutions in Argentina.
Iran still has a price on the head of the Indian-born British novelist
Salman Rushdie for what Iranian leaders call blasphemous writings
about Islam in his 1989 novel The Satanic Verses.
U.S. officials say Iran supported the group behind the 1996 truck
bombing of Khobar Towers, a U.S. military residence in Saudi Arabia,
which killed nineteen U.S. servicemen.
Overview of State-Sponsored Terrorism

Iran

Iran remained the most active state sponsor of terrorism in 1997. Tehran continued to be involved in the planning and execution of terrorist acts by its own agents and by surrogates such as the Lebanese Hizballah and continued to fund and train known terrorist groups throughout 1997. Although the August 1997 accession of President Khatami has resulted in more conciliatory Iranian public statements, such as public condemnations of terrorist attacks by Algerian and Egyptian groups, Iranian support for terrorism remains in place.
Tehran conducted at least 13 assassinations in 1997, the majority of which were carried out in northern Iraq. Iran's targets normally include, but are not limited to, members of the regime's main opposition groups, including the Kurdish Democratic Party of Iran (KDPI) and the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK). Elsewhere in Iraq, in January 1997 Iranian agents tried to attack the Baghdad headquarters of the MEK using a "supermortar" of a design similar to that discovered aboard the Iranian ship "Kolahdooz" by Belgian customs authorities in early 1996. The attack was unsuccessful, resulting in the death of one person and some damage to an Iraqi hospital building.
April 1997 witnessed the conclusion of the trial in Germany of an Iranian and four Lebanese for the 1992 killing of Iranian Kurdish dissidents, one of whom was then Secretary General of the KDPI, in Berlin's Mykonos restaurant. A German judge found the Iranian and three of the Lebanese guilty of the murders. Two defendants, Kazem Darabi and Abbas Rhayel, were sentenced to life in prison. Two others, Yousef Amin and Muhammad Atris, received sentences of 11 years and five years and three months, respectively. The fifth defendant, Aatollah Ayad, was acquitted. The court stated that the Government of Iran had followed a deliberate policy of liquidating the regime's opponents who lived outside Iran, including the opposition KDPI. The judge further stated that the Mykonos murders had been approved at the most senior levels of the Iranian Government by an extra-legal committee whose members included the Minister of Intelligence and Security, the Foreign Minister, the President, and the Supreme Leader. As a result of elections in May, however, the positions of Minister of Intelligence and Security, Foreign Minister, and President are now held by individuals other than those who were involved in the "Mykonos" murders. In March 1996 a German court had issued an arrest warrant in this case for Ali Fallahian, the former Iranian Minister of Intelligence and Security.
In September 1997, Iran's new leadership affirmed the fatwa on Salman Rushdie, which has been in effect since 1989, stating once again that revocation is impossible since the author of the fatwa is deceased. There is no indication that Tehran is pressuring the Fifteen Khordad Foundation to withdraw the $2.5 million reward it is offering for executing the fatwa on Rushdie.
Iran continued to provide support--in the form of training, money, and/or weapons--to a variety of terrorist groups, such as Lebanese Hizballah, HAMAS, and the PIJ. The Iranian Government continues to oppose recognition of Israel and to encourage violent rejection of the Middle East Peace Process. In the fall of 1997, Tehran hosted numerous representatives of terrorist groups--including HAMAS, Lebanese Hizballah, the PIJ, and the Egyptian al-Gama'at al-Islamiya--at a conference of "Liberation Movements." Participants reportedly discussed the jihad, establishing greater coordination between certain groups, and an increase in support for some groups. In October, the Algerian Government accused Tehran of training and equipping Algerian terrorists.
Iran still provides safehaven to elements of the PKK, a Turkish separatist group that has conducted numerous terrorist attacks in Turkey and on Turkish targets in Europe. Following a late 1997 Turkish incursion into northern Iran in pursuit of PKK cadres, Tehran protested the violation of its territory but in 1997 made no effort to remove the PKK from Iranian territory.
In November, Iran's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Kamal Kharrazi, publicly condemned the terrorist attack by the Egyptian al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya on tourists at Luxor, Egypt. Similarly, in early January 1998 the Foreign Ministry's official spokesman, Mahmud Mohammadi, also condemned the vicious attacks on civilians during the Muslim month of Ramadan (late December 1997 to early January 1998) "no matter who was responsible."
McConnell Cites ‘Overwhelming Evidence of Iran’s Support for Iraqi Insurgents

<TABLE class=author-table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH></TH><TD class=authors>Michael McConnell, Director of National Intelligence
</TD></TR><TR><TH> </TH><TD class=authors>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
June 28, 2007
Admiral Michael McConnell, the U.S. director of national intelligence, says there is “overwhelming evidence” that Tehran is supporting insurgents in Iraq and “compelling” evidence that the same is happening in Afghanistan. McConnell cites insurgents’ increasing use of effective roadside bombs known as Explosively Formed Projectiles that are clearly traceable to Iran.

The Iranians today, we have clear evidence, are providing the very weapons that are causing U.S. servicemen and women to die. That’s clear, that’s not refuted, that’s not hawkish, that’s not shaded. That is the fact.
Blair: Iran sponsors terrorism

<!-- date --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!-- host = new String(location.hostname); host = host.toLowerCase(); if ( host.indexOf("edition.") != -1 ) { document.write('Tuesday, February 8, 2005 Posted: 1052 GMT (1852 HKT)'); }else { document.write('Tuesday, February 8, 2005 Posted: 5:52 AM EST (1052 GMT)'); }//--></SCRIPT>Tuesday, February 8, 2005

LONDON, England -- British Prime Minister Tony Blair has called Iran a state sponsor of terrorism, and urged the Islamic republic to bow to EU demands to renounce its suspected pursuit of nuclear weapons.

He also called on Tehran not to hamper peace efforts in the Middle East.
Giving evidence to a UK parliamentary committee, Blair was asked if he shared U.S. President George W. Bush's assessment of Tehran as the "world's primary state sponsor of terror."
The British PM replied: "It certainly does sponsor terrorism, there's no doubt about that at all".
<TABLE class=pageTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>New Arenas for Iranian-Sponsored Terrorism: The Arab-Israeli Heartland</TD></TR><TR height=5><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>By Matthew Levitt
February 22, 2002

Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet testified before the Senate Select Intelligence Committee on February 6 that Iran continues to be "the foremost state sponsor of terrorism." Citing its attempt to transfer offensive arms to the Palestinian Authority (PA) aboard the Karine-A smuggling ship, Tenet said that there has been "little sign of a reduction in Iran's support for terrorism in the past year." In reality, not only has there been no reduction, but there has in fact been a marked increase in Iranian support for terrorism. Two important new arenas for Iran's direct role in terrorist plots and operations are in the heart of the Middle East: Jordan and the Palestinian territories.

Iran was recently found guilty of this kind of terrorist activity in two civil cases from the 1980s and 1990s (involving Hamas and Hizballah) that were tried in U.S. courts. But one need not harken back to Iran's past terrorism-supporting activities to justify characterizing the regime as the "foremost state sponsor of terrorism." As the Jordanians and Israelis have highlighted, Iran is playing an even more direct role in international terrorism, together with terrorist groups of "global reach."

<!-- end center content -->

Any article posted in this forum is required to have a link provided with it(unless it is authored by the poster), with out a link, no article will hold credence.

Who are the author(s) of the above article?

Any article posted in this forum is required to have a link provided with it(unless it is authored by the poster), with out a link, no article will hold credence.
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

So it depends on who the author is, whether or not you'll believe it? lol
[some authors are honest and some authors aren't, you'll decide]? lol

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

So it depends on who the author is, whether or not you'll believe it? lol
[some authors are honest and some authors aren't, you'll decide]? lol

Actually it is a forum rule that links be provided, and, your unwillingness to provide that information make the piece suspect at best, who wrote the article is very important.

Come on Merlin... Speak to Maxim for pasting something... Does he lack intellect? Come on Merlin... fart and have an original idea for us...